Macquarie Leasing Car Loan & Vehicle Finance

Macquarie Leasing Car Loan & Vehicle Finance (page 2 of 3)

See the Best Car Loans in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Glad I didn’t sign on the dotted line.

Great service, easy to work with

Surprised by all the negative comments here. I've had two leases with Macquarie and am very happy. First loan they gave me thousands of Qantas FF Points as part of a promotion. Made transactions simple and easy. Transfer of loan was pretty easy as well when it came to selling the car. Although I preferred the first account manager who was really on the ball, I am happy with my current account manager and will give him my business when it comes to buying a new car.

Jade121

Jade121Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible! If you have another option, please go with it

They let you get behind on payments and don’t give you options to catch up on manageable terms. I started with a used car through this company in January 2018. All started well. But then over the year I had several things happen which meant I got a bit behind on the repayments.

Firstly when you start dropping behind they don’t say anything. When they said something several months later, my application for special assistance was declined.

I’m now finding it difficult to pay the overdue amount that they let me get so far in to and I only have a short time to do it!

Please, if you have another option, go with it.

Vikki

Vikki

Quick and easy fix

May not have been the hardest enquiry to do, although I'm sure other companies would have had trouble. Had a lease with them for the past 2 years and never set up the online account. Wanted to know how much my payout would be. Took less than 5 minutes to set up the account and get login details.

Bri

BriWentworth Falls

Stay away!

They're pretty typical lenders. They're con-artists and they treat you like a bum. They offer unrealistic rates and you feel forced to accept. Paying out previous finance in full and early also doesn't count towards them treating you more fairly. Unfortunately most car dealers use them, but it's far better to get finance or a personal loan somehwere else. Most banks will give you far better deals.

Absolutely Terrible wanted to charge 600$ to change the name on the account to my wife with no wriggle room coming up to end of the lease. I will definitely not renew.

David

DavidKippa-Ring

Terrible customer service that treats you like a deadbeat

Call up to change your bank details for direct debit. Receive pathetic customer service that treats you with suspicion, seeking details of why.

Tried to get them to do a final direct debit from old account before changing to the new account for future payments. Their system couldn't handle that. Absolutely ridiculous.

Grace56

Grace56Adelaide

Poor service, not upfront with all the conditions

Bec

BecGeelong

So rude!!

My loan was with Esanda until they sold it to Macquarie leasing. Never had any problems with Esanda always helpful. Macquarie have always been so rude every time I have called and left at the end of the phone call like I had gotten no where. Worst customer service and so rude!!

MARIE Isabelle

MARIE Isabelle

Hidden fees ( they used percentage talk not the amount)

Brought my first car and surprised with the Residual amount I need to pay out later. which they did not informed me at the beginning. I brought the car $18000 and made a 3 years repayment contract. 3 years was due, and I was informed that I have $19000 to pay out if i chose to have the car for me. Surprise

Definitely not impressed with this company

Regrettably I signed a lease for a Hyundai Veloster from a local dealership. Finance was arranged through Macquarie Leasing... What a disappointment! Every interaction with Macquarie Leasing has resulted in poor service and huge expenditure. I've contacted Macquarie Leasing by phone, the first time was a young female who had an air of arrogance and the second time I spoke to a young man with an Asian accent. Regrettably, I couldn't understand every second word he said. After maybe 15-20 minutes trying to get my message across he said he would transfer the call to someone else, then he hung up! Good service? ... Definitely not!, more like disgraceful !!!

Warning: Did not disclose origination fees upfront!

Be careful of this lender. They did not disclose fees upfront and was shocked to find out that I had to pay an extra $990 for car dealership origination fees. This is unethical and illegal practice. I was lucky that my excellent car sales person resolved the issue for me.

Adnan A

Adnan ABrisbane

Too slow and keep coming back

(can't find 0 stars to give them)

My Mrs (without any previous loan or credit card) applied for a car finance through our used car dealer, Macquarie kept coming back for things which they could have found themselves on the provided paperwork! At the end (where we had it enough) they wanted me to become her co-borrower.

We asked our dealer to process our loan through other institution. After reading all the comments and reviews here We are feeling lucky that we withdrew our application and as well as feeling sorry for people who have been burned by Macquarie.

Perfect Service

I originally signed up with Macquarie for a novated lease on a car. My circumstances and employment changed during the novated lease and I then changed my contract with Macquarie as a personal loan. They have been user friendly from the day of inception to the finalisation of my account. I would use them again definitely.

Kirsten R

Kirsten RMelbourne

Worst financial company ever.

Zero out of ten. I had a car loan with Macquarie as Holden uses them as their default finance company. Honestly they are terrible, way too many fees, poor customer service. Stay clear.

SKS

SKSCranbourne West

Really Bad Service

Brendan

BrendanSydney

Worst people and service

I would give them a zero star if I could. Do not even go near them. Extremely slow, heartless and liars.
They called and harass my references after 1 failed direct debit in five years after they blocked my account and I couldn't update my bank details.
Very unprofessional rippers who have no clue how to deal with people.
Please stay away from this rubbish in the name of a bank.
May you die slowly.

Mr Army

Mr ArmySouth East Queensland, QLD

Stay away

Honestly the worst customer service and moraly unethical company I have ever dealt with, I have called up multiple times to organise a payment plan, yet they fail 3 times, dishonoring my balance again and again, seem to me none of them know how to do their job or their job is to purposely discouraged customers in dealing with long holds and blatant lies (3 phone recordings)

I would advise to stay away and go elsewhere, these people/bank don't care about your life, it's all about money!

Dan

DanSydney, NSW

Terrible

I took my car loan out with Esanda and never had any issues until Macquarie Bank purchased the Esanda business form ANZ.

I have been making additional loan repayments to clear the loan and reduce the interest. I recently took a look at my bank statement and have found that the bank has reduced the agreed direct debit amount by the additional amounts i have been paying, therefore giving me no benefit of making additional repayments.

I also had an issues where my direct debit failed (for the first time in 5 years!) and I got a very rude letter within 1 day and a phone call form someone in their offshore call centre.

Overall, awful customer service and their products are not competitive.

Susiii

SusiiiMELBOURNE

Never had any issues at all. Easy to deal with them!

I had an Esanda financed car until Macquarie Bank took over. Contract number stayed the same, so no changes for me, really. Whenever I contacted Macquarie, the staff was very friendly and helpful. Got requested figures over the phone and in the mail after a few days. I paid out my secured car loan a few days ago (easier to sell a car when not under finance) and again, no problems at all. If their interest rate for a secured car loan was a little bit lower, I would definitely go with Macquarie Bank again! (sorry guys, need to go with another bank this time - interest rate is lower)