2,944 reviews

92% · 2,715200 · 7%

2,944 reviews
tanya m.
tanya m.2 posts

Never use this site again

Put in dates needed. Shows avail pet sitters and then the 8x messages I sent out sitters all declined and busy.
Won't try this site ever again
neicie
neiciesydney27 posts

Greedy Company

I was a pet sitter for a short while with Madpaws but never even got an enquiry let alone a job. They also take the highest percentage of 20% from the sitters payment plus they also charge the client! Talk about greedy. Pawshake on the other hand only take 19% from the sitters payment and nothing from the client. Do yourself a favour save money and use Pawshake instead.
GailB
GailBDarling Downs, QLD3 posts

Gave up using the company

Terrible problematic website. Messages from sitters are unable to be opened on occasion & other major problems with the website.
Jedda
JeddaSouth East Queensland, QLD6 posts

Great sitter, terrible platform

I've used Mad Paws a couple of times, and whilst I can't fault the sitters, the platform is useless. They claim the platform to be user friendly giving more control to the pet owner when making changes but this is far from the truth. Trying to cancel a recurring weekly booking has been a nightmare! Regardless of how many times I cancel, it still comes up as active and now I want to go to weekly bookings it won't allow me as there is a current booking in place. Also needing to confirm end of stay but not having the option to do so makes it difficult to get payment to the sitter.
Gareth P.
Gareth P.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Confidential
ConfidentialMetropolitan Adelaide, SA5 posts

The sitters are great but Madpaws is terrible

I have been trying to get in touch with madpaws for nearly a week via both email and phone. We have a booking and due to covid we have requested to change/cancel (as for whatever reason, madpaws do not allow you to have control over your own booking). I have received no response and the only communication has been an email telling us to prepare for the stay! The sitter has been wonderful to deal with, very responsive. Madpaws are now holding our money. I have tried calling, left messages, and received nothing back. If you do not respond to me tomorrow I will be contacting consumer affairs and getting them involved. Not good enough. Our booking number is [Number Removed].
Ada
AdaSydney, NSW

No customer service and contact if the booking goes wrong

It has been almost a week that I'm trying to contact MadPaws by email and phone. I tried 03 6164 3102 and 02 8046 6536 but no one answers. It either says leave a message or ask me to go to the live chat. I have already left my number. No one answers on the live chat either. The website is hard to navigate to find information and it was hard to find a contact number. I do not recommend if your booking does not go according to plan. I will never use them again.
Mad Paws   DM

Hello Ada, I admit that we were not as quick to respond as usual regarding your refund. However, I am pleased to inform you that your request has been processed

Kylie B.
Kylie B.Murray Region, NSW2 posts

Caring pet loving website? I think not!

System difficult to navigate, no actual person to contact, all automated. Sitter allocated to me was the only one available. She was very difficult to contact, not very friendly. When meeting was arranged, she was not even dressed and didn't even give a greeting, just said I was a bit early, I was actually on time. She showed no interest or engagement in my dogs to be in her care, just proceeded to show the area they would be enclosed in outside, she said when I collected them, that I could just take them if she wasn't home!
Frustration
FrustrationHunter Region, NSW

Overcharged $500 and still no refund

They have no contacts to speak with when their are any issues.
All communication is through a different person.
Overcharged - as they run off a computer system and not human intelligence- been requesting my refund of over $500
They cannot get the right charges days or cancellations correct.
Once again as its all computer generated.
They done follow up when you do try to email. I have now made a formal complaint to Dept of fair trading.
Absolutely shocking customer service and appalling business management
Marie S
Marie SSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts
  • +5Thumbnail
Jules
Jules4 posts

KLC
KLC

Beware - they will take your money for no service

Zero stars but it wouldn’t let me select zero!
Terrible customer service and a clunky platform that sends payment to the wrong sitter. When they were notified I was told the T&C’s stated that canceled bookings have only 50% refund. I didn’t even book the sitter that got the payment. There was no customer service willing to rectify the system error - instead they blamed me and said I should have read the T&C’s. The confirmation and payment were not linked to the sitter I selected. Beware - do not use them as if there is an error they will do nothing to assist you or fix the error.
Courtney
CourtneyMurrumbidgee Region, NSW5 posts
Deborah M.
Deborah M.2 posts

Jade W.
Jade W.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Sitters aren't protected

Had severe damage done to my home the owners lied about their dogs behaviour and was given no help. Do yourself a favour go solo and get your own insurance.
  • 1