2,882 reviews · Statistics

93% · 2,668187 · 6%
See the Best Pet Boarding & Sitting Services in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Reset
Courtney
CourtneyNSWMurrumbidgee Region, NSW4 posts
Deborah M.
Deborah M.2 posts

Jade W.
Jade W.VICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Sitters aren't protected

Had severe damage done to my home the owners lied about their dogs behaviour and was given no help. Do yourself a favour go solo and get your own insurance.
Michelle P.
Michelle P.7 posts

Worst service ever

After providing screenshots re sitters madpaws just wasted my time. Will never use them again and will tell everyone to never use them
Reza S.
Reza S.

Daniel Barry
Daniel Barry

Stolen jewellery

Pet sitters stole our jewellery, including wedding rings. Mad paws won't even reply to messages. Pretty angry and feel like crap
Kate P.
Kate P.NSWSydney, NSW

So many better options!

Will never use again. I’ve had 8-10 sitters, 2 were amazing, the rest beyond rubbish. I’ve come home to a very distressed cat, no water, litterbox overflowing, the place a pigsty (after one sitter it took months to find all the half empty cans of Prosecco dotted around the apartment, attracting fruit flies). One sitter left days early, then argued when I said I wouldn’t pay for the days she wasn’t there. Madpaws eventually stepped in. Why pay $70/day for a backpacker who will trash your apartment? There are so many better options!
Dale
DaleQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD

Waste of time

I have a house trained family dog who is an English bull terrier. There is no option on their site for that type of dog, only bull terrier’s which people confuse for Pitt bulls. When I entered the parameters for my required pet sitting it came up with a list of available sitters.
I contacted about 20 sitters and was rejected by every single one stating that they were unavailable or said other excuses which were incorrect.
I contacted mad paws and explained my dilemma and they told me to contact more than one sitter at a time which I had already told them I had done.
They were of no help and did not follow up with me to see if I had any success.
All in all I wasted hours of my time and still have no pet sitter.
Muhammad A.
Muhammad A.

Not recommended

The app is very bad.. it never shows clearly that service fees will not be returned upon cancellation.

Though money from pet sitter is refunded, however they never not refunded app service fees, which is very weird

Without using the service, we need to pay.. which is very frustrating.

Never gonna use this app, also won’t recommend

Neha
NehaVICGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC
Consumer
ConsumerVICGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC3 posts

Paloma
Paloma

Unhelpful platform

Unfortunately during covid had to leave the country and didn't deactivate my account. I didn't received any requests either during that time (for obvious reasons) and when I came back to Australia found out my profile was taken down. I called to try to activate it and I had been branded as unwanted person and for that reason I can no longer re-activate my account. If I had had bad reviews, I would understand this, but I find it simply obtuse.
Rodrigo B.
Rodrigo B.

No good - watch out

No good be careful sitters and owners
Those sitter all made a super simple training some of them not even like dogs. They are there just for money. In consequence your doggy is in dangerous. I have lots of screen shots dog owners straggling for choosing mad paws. If you love your dog don’t do that! Look for a professional in the area!
Hit me up to see those prints
0460 853 839
Shelly McClean
Shelly McCleanSAMetropolitan Adelaide, SA2 posts

Poor customer service

The app won't work on my phone and neither the app or website will allow changes to booking by the sitter or myself and payment has gone through for multiple bookings that have been cancelled.
Mad Paws   DM

Hi Shelly, This certainly sounds unusual, could I ask that you please get in touch with our Customer Services Team on Live Chat so we can help understand any errors and process any refunds that may be due. Thank you.

Disappointed
Disappointed VICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts

Very frustrating as a pet sitter

There are thousands of house sitters on the site and unless you get regular bookings you don’t move up the list so potential owners can see your profile. You get penalised when you deny or cancel bookings. The website encourages pet owners to message multiple people & either don’t respond when you express interest or have a meet & greet, agree to the sit & they don’t pay. Have no choice but to cancel but then get penalised for doing so. You only get enquires from people around your area and cannot indicate that you are willing to travel to other areas.
  • 1