Magimix Cook Expert 7CO18900A

Magimix Cook Expert 7CO18900A Questions & Answers

69 questions from our users

leo

leoasked

can the blade of the Magimix Cook Expert be turned off during its operation?

jotan8

Yes, any setting can be turned off by STOP button. I think this is better than switching off the connection. However I am not the expert as I just acquired by machine 3 weeks ago. Seems like ages though because I have done so much cooking on it already.

jotan8

If you mean the blade, then you can put the setting of the blade to 0 and it should be move.

Magimix A.Magimix

Hi Leo, yes you can turn off the rotation of the blade by changing the speed setting to 0. Thanks.

Gigi

Gigiasked

Hi, does the dough hook comes with the black plastic blade seal?

Magimix A.Magimix

Hi Gigi, yes it does. Thanks Magimix.

Yoko

Yokoasked

Could we open the lid at any mode while the machine still working?

Zarabyasked

I just bought a new Magimix CE. How can I check if it’s already updated?

Katie
Katie

Check if it has a stir fry function - if you don't, you need to update. I got mine a month ago and it wasn't updated.

Zaraby

Thanks Katie, it does. I was told they weren’t factory updated so that was confusing.

dsnovellasked

Hi Magimix A, can you explain how to use the recipe function on the machine, I can see it has an android and apple setting. What app do you need to download to use this and how does it work please. I'm very keen on using it.

Magimix A.Magimix

Hi Dsnovell, the recipe option in the Cook Expert redirects you to download the app. Please search for COOK EXPERT on Google Play or Apple Store to access all the recipes we have online. It is not possible to sync recipes to the Cook Expert itself. Thanks

Joyce A.asked

I cannot get the bowl off as is too hard either to put on or off. Need help please.
Trying to use for the first time.

dsnovell

First make sure the lid is off the bowl to unlock the mechanism. The bowl should be removed by moving the handle to the left. To engage make sure the bowl is slotted ie sitting in the correct position, handle off centre to the left before moving to the right. I noticed similar when I first bought it and it was because I didn't have it sitting properly. You shouldn't be forcing the movement but it is a firm movement each way. Try pushing down on top of the bowl to make sure you haven't got the bowl slightly tilted, once you get the feel for how the bowl sits and the movement each way it will move very smoothly and firmly.

Joyce A.

I will follow everything as you say and try again but I think I have tried those. Thanks

Joyce A.

Thanks and I believe after removing the lid helped and even though very hard I think I will be able to use.
Also having a call from the department that I appreciated. Using only the handle also helps.
Joyce Alexander

Deborah P.

Deborah P.asked

I have had my CE for a number of years and lately the temperature setting doesn’t seem to achieve boiling point at 100 degrees. I did a test yesterday and it took 14 min to get 500 ml of cold tap water to a slow simmer. I needed to dial it up to 110 to get the rapid boil. The temp also seems very sensitive after 100 degrees with a rise in one or two degrees moving whatever I’m cooking from rapid boil to not even a bubble. It’s making cooking a little tricky as I feel I need to stand over the bowl and watch it constantly to make sure it doesn’t boil dry or not cook at all. Has anyone else experienced this? Thx Deb

dsnovell

I wonder if this is covered under warranty? These have a 30 year warranty so might be worth contacting customer support.

Magimix A.Magimix

Hi Deborah, if you can please email your query to info@magimix.com.au a member of the team will get back to you. Thanks.

Chichasked

Hi,

What's the difference between the Australian models of the cook expert and the French models? I've seen multiple references of "new model releasing in France", but nothing about what said models include or how they differ. Magimix are you able to comment? Thanks

Magimix A.Magimix

Hi Chich, there has been a new model released in France however there are no plans in the near future to release this in Australia. As dsnovell stated, you can update your cook expert aytime with software updates that we release.

Chich

Thank you both for your answers. Magimix representative, I understand the current model in France doesn't have plans to be released in Australia for the time being, however what does it include that differs from the current Australian model? I've read elsewhere here from one of the representatives indicating the France model has "Bluetooth", however didn't elaborate on what that Bluetooth feature actually meant. I'm keen to know more of how the two models different please as I can't imagine doing a software update will allow me to use Bluetooth on the current model unless the current model already has all the internal components to enable that feature, which I'm dubious about as if it did, then why not make use of it already?

Magimix A.Magimix

Hi Chich, at this stage we have not been provided specific information on the new model however there may be possibility to add components to the current model in order to access some new features.

Marijke C.

Marijke C.asked

So a dough hook doesn't come with it? Is there an attachment that will do the same thing?

Robyn

The blade that comes with it apparently does just fine, but I haven’t tried making dough yet so I don’t know for sure. From what I can tell the dough hook you can buy as an accessory is for the bigger jobs. All the recipes I’ve checked out and decided to try out seem to use the standard one. Sorry I’m not sure if this is much help?

Gigi

Gigiasked

Hi Magimix cook expert was launch since 2016, would that be any new model coming soon?

Magimix A.Magimix

Hi Gigi, We currently do not have plans to launch any new model of the Cook Expert in Australia in the near future. Thanks.

Winnieasked

Hi, on the website it said the induction heating system temperature is between 30-140, but it can be set up to 160, is that correct?

Magimix A.Magimix

Hi Winnie, yes it can go up to 160 in the STIR FRY function. You just need to download the software update for the Cook Expert to achieve this. More details here: https://www.magimix.com.au/cook-expert_update-program

Winnie

Thanks for the information, another question is about Bluetooth, does magimix have it?if it does, how to connect?I’ve been working on it for a while

Magimix A.Magimix

Hi Winnie, the current model does not have Bluetooth. There has been a feature launched in France that enables this however there are currently no confirmed plans to launch this into Australia yet. Thanks.

Pao

Paoasked

Hello, I was making brioche and all of the sudden there was a constant noise and the machine stopped. Had to turn it off. I checked and everything was secure. What does it mean?

Magimix A.Magimix

Hi Pao, please give our customer support line a call on 1300 624 469. Thanks Magimix.

Robynasked

Hi, I’ve only just purchased the magimix cook expert and am still familiarising myself but I’ve struggled to find the info on cooking brown rice. Other rices are easily located but I cannot seem to find the instructions for brown rice In the cook book or the app. I’m assuming it would be a lot different to the white. Does anyone have any idea?

Hi Robyn,

With Brown Rice there may be a need to increase the water and cooking time. Perhaps trial this by increasing the time & water level to gauge the best result as it may vary from different types of brown rice.

Crystalasked

HI magimix, with the virus situation - could magimix do a cook expert demonstration and record it and post it on facebook so we could all watch it ? I was looking forward to going to demonstration then it was cancelled because of the virus. thank you

Molly
Molly

Chrystal

Try Adrian Richardsons video of How to use your Magimix Cook Expert. Just Google him or i can get the lknk for you i thknk. Cherrs Molly

Crystal

thanks Molly. I have seen Adrians, there is not a lot. Thought would be good if magimix could do a stir fry one and few other types in a demo for an hour

Magimix A.Magimix

Hi Crystal, we have over 90 videos on our youtube channel that you can watch here - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLO8TcA6Xj5QSa4u_q2lsJDTbVBOk362zy

We currently do not have an online demo scheduled but will look into this for you.

Magimix.

Carol

Carolasked

I have just bought a Cook Expert but I feel overwhelmed. I have the app etc but wondering if you do demonstrations anywhere similar to Thermomix? I’d love to watch and learn (not on a video)!

Magimix A.Magimix

Hi Carol, unfortunately, due to the current COVID-19 situation, we have suspended our demonstrations until further notice. In the meantime, we have a large library of videos you can see here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtJfYAW31S8&list=PLO8TcA6Xj5QSa4u_q2lsJDTbVBOk362zy

Please also feel free to call our customer line on 1300 624 469 for any further assistance.

Regards,

Max

Maxasked

When will the cook expert be available for Canada?

Magimix A.Magimix

Hi Max, We are not sure exactly when it will be available in Canada. Please contact our office in France via Magimix.com who can help you with your query. Thanks, Magimix Australia.

Pamela B.

Pamela B.asked

Can you roast or boil meat in magimix

Magimix A.Magimix

Hi Pamela, the maximum temperature is 160 degrees for the cook expert. You cannot roast however you can slow cook for up to 4 hours and you can extend that time again after completion.

Vic

Vicasked

Is it a Pressure Cooker? Does it cook soup & stews quicker than ThermoMix

Nana
Nana

This is not a Pressure Cooker but can cook soup and stews. I think it would be similar cook time to ThermoMix. However Magimix can do a warm setup for a couple hours so I sometimes use it like slow cooker. The bowl can be heated up without moving the blades.

Su C.

Su C.asked

Can Magimix cook expert mill rye grains?

Magimix A.Magimix

Hi Su, The Cook Expert can mill grains. The consistency will depend on how long you run the process. Regards, Magimix.

Rebekaasked

How come it’s saying for a lot of reviews published 1 year ago but purchase date is showing oct 2019, nov 2019, dec 2019 etc?

Magimix A.Magimix

Hi Rebeka, can you please give us an example of where you are seeing this issue? We cannot locate the issue you are referring to.

Rebeka

Hi. It seems to have fixed itself, the dates now correspond correctly and no longer say published one year ago. Thanks :)

Get an answer from our members and Magimix representatives