Magimix Cook Expert 7CO18900A

Magimix Cook Expert 7CO18900A Questions & Answers (page 2 of 3)

30 questions from our users

Hi can you tell me what the inside of the metal bowl of the cook expert is made out of please? It looks a bit like aluminium??
Hi Matilda berry, The entire bowl is thermal insulated stainless steel. Heavy duty and double walled, so will not rust. The inside is matt, not the gloss finish of the outside, perhaps that’s why you think it looks like aluminium, but I can assure you it’s not, it’s def stainless steel. Rgds KatAwesome news. I bought one a few days ago and my builder son was convinced it’s aluminim which was a bit of a worry. Much relief thank you.I assume it is stainless steel, I would be surprised if it was aluminium! It has not occurred to me it could be given the health implications. It might be a good question. I’ll have to do research!Hi Matilda, Kat is right. It’s surely stainless steel.I made apple purée as baby food and it tasted a bit metallic. Does anyone else have this happen?

I recently purchased a Magimix Patissier, but for some reason when putting the metal bowl onto the base, it is very difficult to click into place. Even my husband struggled. Once he finally clicked it in, trying the remove the bowl was just as difficult. Am I missing something? I went to Kitchen warehouse to ask the ladies there and they happened to have two on display. So they tried to click the bowl into place but they too found it extremely difficult. In fact, they couldn’t do it! Does the machine have to be switched on for the bowl to fit onto the base properly? I had no problems with the plastic bowl. Hope someone has a simple answer? Thanks. Gina
Hi Gina, I experienced the issue your refer to once only, the first time I used it because I did not approach the bowl click from the designed direction. This is most likely the source of your problem. No the machine does not need to be switched on to fit the bowl. You are advised to follow the directions in the instruction booklet precisely because this wonderful product has been designed so the bowl fits using only one direction. It is left to right. It will not work using the other direction. The same applies to the lid. Both slide into place seamlessly. The women at Ktichen Warehouse were obviously not familiar with the product! This is surprising given they sell it! It would be unlikely for so many machines to be faulty! If this does not work fitting it the correct way, then your product is faulty. You will be entitled to a replacement or refund. I trust this makes a difference, SHi Gina, Fitting the main metal bowl and clicking it into place should not be difficult at all. The handle needs to be about an inch or so left of 6 o'clock( if that makes sense), and then it's a simple push to the right to lock it in place. If you've got issues with this then check the conversion/induction plate (thick black plate that sits on the motor base). If yours is like mine it will have two padlocks, locked and unlocked. The locked padlock needs to be in line with the little reset button on the base, which is in line with and above the [Auto] button on the control panel, essentially at 6 o'clock again. If it's not then potential issue #1. Also, on the bottom of the main metal bowl (mine is different as I have a universal blade and a solid washer that locks it from the underside ), do you have anything that unscrews/opens (i.e. to aid cleaning), as potentially this may not be in place and causing an issue with fitting and removing the bowl when it's on the plate that sits atop the motor base? If it's removing that's only the problem, then if the Patissier bowl is similar to the metal bowl in the Cook Expert (and I think it is, albeit the dimensions are different), then I would imagine the safety locking mechanism is the same, which means it's not an issue with it being plugged in to power (whether turned on or off) but rather the lid has to be on and in the unlock (or near unlock) position for bowl removal. This locking mechanism is a fail-safe of sorts. I know if I don't have the lid just left of 'locking centre' or completely unlocked, then my bowl doesn't want to budge. If I force it, it will, but I'm not about forcing and potentially breaking something I've spent $2k on :). I've 'accidentally' done th s with the transparent bowl combination feed tube/lid, i.e. forced it open several times and each time I hear that crunch of a click I cringe and think "unlock it properly woman!". That's all I can offer, along with ... I hope you purchased it from a reputable retailer as they'll need to contact Magimix for you. With others I've spoken to that have one, they've never had an issue. Hope it works out for you. KKMany thanks for your response Kitty Kat! I’ll see if that works. I also thought maybe the point of where the handle clicks into place just needed some CRC or oil as it was so stiff. The lady at Magimix said that was fine as long as I didn’t get any CRC or oil into the motor. Anyway I’ll try anything! Thanks once again. Gina

I am seriously considering getting the Magimix CE but it's such a huge investment I thought I'd head for the wisdom of the group before taking the plunge! I have a slow cooker as well as a pressure cooker. Would the CE add significantly more to me? Thank you in advance
I understand your feeling, I went through the same... I use an auto pressure cooker for rice, risotto, pasta and the like... it is a huge investment ... I bought it because it does everything ... no need for stand mixer, it juices too. I an preparing to downsize. I bought it on part payments and I don’t regret buying it. There have been hidden benefits buying it this way too. It’s not essential, not much is! if you feel you need it, take the plunge and consider part payment options. Good luck, I’ve been there, done that. It is not cheap but it will last longer than us! I hope this helps you decide.Thank you so much.Magimix is definitely not a pressure cooker and probably not the best for slow cooking because you cannot set and forget, you will need to go back and restart every 2 hours. On the other hand it's brilliant, especially if you don't have a food processor, you do get an FP as part of the deal too. As for the cooker itself, I use it all the time, it saves me a lot of time and the results are consistent and yummy without (usually) needing me to do anything other than put the ingredients in and press the start button. Even when I need to follow some steps they are very simple and easy. Personally, I am very happy with CE and recommend it.thank you very much Stan. That's what I've heard from everyone who has one. They seem uniformly happy with it and only have good things to say about it. I've taken the plunge and bought it from TVSN which had a good freebie bonus too. I'm so excited to start cooking with it. by all accounts it's the rolls royce of all in one appliances :)))

How do you brown meat in the Cook Expert? All the recipes say to brown in a pan but I don't wish to do that it is extra equipment to wash etc. Do you put oil in with the meat? I find the instructions and the diagrams lacking in detail. They just say the temperature, speed and time in the table labelled fry which I am guessing is the browning cycle.
Hi LadyDi, It is best to brown meat in small batches at the highest heat - 140 degrees. Speed can be at 1A or 2A. Leaving the cap off the lid will also help evaporate any liquid. Be sure to monitor the ingredient to ensure it does not burn. You can always reduce the heat and bring it back up if necessary. All the bestDo you put oil in with meat or poultry? Thank youYou can brown meat, if/when the recipe suggests to do so. However, the amount that you can brown is limited and, in my opinion, it is best to do it in a frying pan where you have more space and control. As for the oil, you must use some. The browning process needs oil at very high temperature.Thank you so much. I have tried this and it works asI just need a light sear of the meat. Would recommend to others if they only need a light sear.

Hi I purchased my Cook Expert last November and have not used it much due to holidays etc. I am having a problem with using the food processor for the first time. I think I must be missing a step. When assembling to use the midi bowl for slicing or grating where do you fit the blade?Also the same for the mini bowl.
If I have read your question correctly, you will not need to fit the blade when using it for slicing and/or grating ... these two functions are performed using the special grater and slicing disc provided. The blade is used for mixing and it slips onto the centre stem of the machine (you will find a separate part). You need to place the centre stem in before the bowls, I think. I trust this helps you. I adore the machine, I hope you are learning to love it too. I'm relatively new to it, unlike you.Thank youHi LadyDi, if you could call our hotline 1300 624 469, a representative will be able to step you through the machine. There is also a great video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=442EWKuYFqE which shows you how to use most of the attachments. All the best.

Can Cook Expert make Soy Milk? Cooking soy milk is quite fiddling because it will produce lots of foam before it reaches boiling temperature. And, it is believed that unboiled soy milk is harmful to our health. I wonder how Cook Expert deal with excessive foam?
Hi Brianna, the Cook Expert acts much like a pot, where foam will occur. The positive is that the Cook Expert operates on an induction cooking system so the temperature can be adjusted quickly to minimise the foam. All the best.

Are the materials that come with the food (eg steamer and even the lid due to steam etc) plastic? Glass or stainless steel? One of the sole reasons I will not purchase a thermal mix is for such an expensive device, giving out plastic parts that leech into food is atrocious.
Hi There, the Cook Expert cooking bowl is stainless steel and the lid is glass. The steamer is also stainless steel. If you were to purchase the optional XXL steamer, that is also stainless steel and has a glass lid. The food processor attachment is made from Tritan which is BPA free. This attachment is not used for cooking hence no heat comes in contact. All the best.Great thank you for your reply. What is the steamer made of that comes with the unit if I don't purchase the XXL steamer?

I have a Magimix cook Expert it works well but I can't find a recipe to make good gravy in it. Can someone help me please?
Hi Maggie, our facebook community have lots of recipes that are shared on a daily recipes. You can also ask questions and members are more than happy to help out. You can join the group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1059768560746067/ All the best.

Price and where to buy?
Hi Bob, recommended retail price is $2099. Please visit our website magimix.com.au to find your nearest store. All the best.Hi Bob, look on TVSN television show. They have the Magimix,Tefal Cusine Companion and others with part payments while you take it home and sometimes a gift as bonus. I love this show, highly recommend it. Bought many products from it.

Get an answer from our members and Magimix representatives

Similar listings