Magimix Cook Expert 7CO18900A

Magimix Cook Expert 7CO18900A

Good product

Good product. It does not have an extensive recipe list, but the Thermomix recipes can easily be adapted. Particularly useful for baking and soups. Can be difficult to clean at times.

Purchased .

Impressive, but slow to love

I purchased the cook expert six months ago. I did a lot of research and decided to purchase this machine instead of the new Thermomix.

What I found missing at first were clear instructions on how to use this machine. After nine years with my old Thermomix I didn’t have to think on how to use it. Lots of programmes to set. I can’t say I found the books provided very helpful. I found it very confusing, and the amount of washing up to do!! All those bowls for different uses.. Also the Cook Expert and the extra bowls, blades and the spiraliser I purchased take up a lot of bench or cupboard space.

Now I use the Cook Expert function for all my old recipes without any problems.
If I use lots of bowls I wash as I go and it no longer seems a problem.
Magimix has a lot of work to do to catch up with Thermomix with instructions, recipes, forums etc.

Now the positives, it cooks brilliantly! The creamed soups and cake batters are our favourites at present. I have not had one failure. I love the washing up function for the large bowl.

I do recommend the Cook Expert. Just be prepared for a steep learning curve on which program, which bowl etc to use.

Purchased at Kitchen Wharehouse for $1,899.00.

Used for: Dips & Condiments, Dough, Ground Nuts / Nut Butters and Soups

Love this thermo cooker, best upgrade ever

Love that it’s a thermo cooker and blender one. So many uses, easy to use, great quality, hasn’t missed a beat. Everything cooked perfectly. Saves so much time in the kitchen. Top quality appliance

Purchased at eBay for $1,899.00.

Product is used: Several times a week
Used for: Dips & Condiments, Dough, Ground Meat, Ground Nuts / Nut Butters and Soups

Versatile multifunction appliance - can't be without it!

I purchased my Cook Expert almost two years ago. As a former Thermomix user, the Magimix took some getting used to (i.e., more attachments, scales not built in), but I have adjusted! I love the food processor function (it doesn't pulverise herbs and makes a double batch of mayonnaise in less than 2 minutes), soups, risottos and steamed rice, sauces, mincing meat, smoothies, cakes, curries..the list goes on and on. Thermomix recipes can easily be converted for use in the Magimix, which is very handy. I like the size of the large metal bowl and the fact that it's double walled stainless steel, which prevents it from becoming hot to the touch when cooking. My only complaint is that grinding spices such as cinnamon and nutmeg doesn't produce an optimal result. The only other reason I have rated the machine 4 stars is that my blade and unit required replacing during the first year, which was disappointing. That being said, customer service was very accommodating in getting me replacement parts. The long warranty period is also a very positive feature.

Purchased at Myer Retail Stores for $2,099.00.

Product is used: Daily

Essential for a busy family

I certainly can’t claim to be a heavy user but this thing can make a soup large enough to feed our family of 4 for 2 meals using all my leftover veggies in 30 minutes. Soup has become a weekly event to clear out leftovers and to have an easy dinner night. No guilt either as very healthy.

Also anything that can make cooking bechemal so easy deserves 5 stars! I put the ingredients in, set it and walk away.

It can be a bit drippy when removing the lid which is a bit annoying but it’s manageable.

The rinse function is very handy!

The reason I opted for this over other options was for its food processing. There are so many attachments you can do everything!

The food processing, makes a scallop potato bake much quicker. The optional dicing also makes potato salad quick too.

I rate this machine and enjoy using it. It looks great too!

I look forward to continuing to experiment (time permitting).

Purchased at Myer Retail Stores for $1,700.00.

Used for: Soups

A great kitchen helper for the whole family to enjoy and use !

We purchased a Magimix Cook Expert three months ago and the whole family is enjoying the food and using it. I am a kitchen novice but find the very Magimix user friendly with great design and safety features making it safer for kids to use as well.

We use it several times a day using the food processor and also use the metal bowl for soup, dips, stews, pasta, risotto, bread, smoothies and more - it’s a good size for a family of 4. We are still exploring addional features and tools incl. steamer and spiralizer. The options feel endless.

The rinse function is effective and minimises the washing up and scrubbing.

There is also an active FB community that provides support and share recipes with each other.

Purchased at Myers for $1,650.00.

Used for: Dips & Condiments, Dough and Soups

Quiet and stylish.

Looks great on bench.

-Please redesign seal on lid as water gets EVERYWHERE when taking lid off. This includes dripping onto the buttons and bench which I am not to keen on.

-Machine runs quietly and smoothly.

- I still prefer to use the clear bowls when making pastry as it is easier to remove from the bowl, rather than having to scrape it out from under the four pronged blade. I understand the blade can be removed for ease, but I already have buttery hands and bowl is heavy.

-metal bowl looks nice. Had to replace first one due to a fine crack at the base of the bowl (manufacturing issue).

-Recipe function does not need to be on the machine-Very pointless and misleading as peaople see to think that they can actually access recipes on the machine.

-Dough blade should be included as a standard, not as an extra.

XL Steamer is good. Find it better to put boiling water into bowl for steaming.

Would like to see other guest chefs creating recipes for the CE.

Otherwise so far satisfied with my magimix CE.

Purchased at Minimax for $1,800.00.

Excellent machine

I’ve been using my Magimix for just over 2 years and love it! We’re a family of 4 (2 young kids) so it’s used every day to make purées, soups, steamed vegetables, casseroles and sorbet! Our kids have multiple food allergies so it’s makes cooking healthy meals much quicker and easier.

Purchased at Kitchen Warehouse for $2,100.00.

Product is used: Daily

High quality, high performing product

High quality product that's built to last. Enjoy using this appliance for many tasks. I love the way I can simply add in the ingredients for béchamel sauce and 9 minutes later my magimix produces a lovely, lump-free sauce! It's like having another person in the kitchen to help me.

Used for: Dips & Condiments, Ground Meat and Soups

A very versatile machine

I enjoyed the same faithful indestructible Magimix food processor for over thirty years. When I was looking to purchase an all-in-one kitchen machine, I, of course, compared the Magimix CE with a Thermomix. The Magimix won because I loved that it retained all the features of my old food processor as well as the induction cooking functions.
The food processor works as well as ever although the smaller bowls have been dispatched to the far reaches of my kitchen!
I am still learning to make the most of the cooking functions. For example, I have the dough for sour dough hot cross buns proving at the moment so have been experimenting with the bread/brioche function.
The machine is quick and easy to clean by first using the Rinse setting. The blade is then very simple to remove and so cleaning under and around it is then very easy.

Purchased at Myer Retail Stores for $2,099.00.

Used for: Dough, Ground Nuts / Nut Butters and Soups

So glad I made the investment!

The more I use it, the better is gets. I now know how to make small adjustments to suit my needs and get an excellent result each time. The bonus attachments I received, especially the spiraliser, are fabulous and importantly are easy to wash. I have recommended the machine to all my foody friends. My favourite summer quick dessert is the raspberry sorbet

Purchased at Myer Retail Stores.

Used for: Ground Nuts / Nut Butters and Soups

Great companion for busy families!

I've had my Maggi for 6 months and love it, although you do need to take the time to experiment. I owned a Thermomix TM31 and was going to upgrade to the newer model, but decided on Cook Expert instead. Very glad I did! As a busy Mum, I love the convenience of prepping and cooking in one machine and Maggi has a generous sized bowl which is adequate for my family of 4, with leftovers. It is well built, and the programmes such as soups, crushed ice, bread etc make thing so quick and easy. The programmes can be used for other foods, for example, I use crushed ice for nicely chopped onions and garlic, the soup functions for lovely passatas and sauces, so you can just set and forget and get on with other things. I don't use the food processor much, as I find I can do a lot in the metal bowl. I did buy the XXL steamer, and it is well worth it. Once again it is a very genourous size and I can steam in the steamer, while cooking rice or sauces in the metal bowl under it at the same time. Even the smaller, insert steamer is a generous size. I've given Cook Expert 4 stars instead of 5, as I do think the recipes and resources for how to best use this wonderful machine is somewhat lacking. I still don't feel I know how to use it to it's full potential. Thermomix really does excel in this area, and I hope Magimix can also improve on this as Cook Expert is the superior and more versatile machine. Luckily, I have easily adapted all my Thermi recipes to Magimix, relatively easily, and they work perfectly.

Purchased for $2,099.00.

Used for: Dips & Condiments, Dough, Ground Nuts / Nut Butters and Soups

Best thing ever for a busy mum

I have two kids under 3 and Magimix CE has been the best thing for us!! It saves so much time and besides i started cooking restaurant style meals (curries, pasta with all sorts of sause, raw deserts), cream soups and other soups are in no time!! What to speak of baby food, which are super fast to prepare and therefore I no longer buy any commercial baby food. So it’s a fantastic product and very solid, i am sure it’ll last a lifetime!

Love my Maggi

Have been very happy with my magimix. I've had it for nearly 2 years and it hasn't missed a beat. Even my grandkids love using it as it is so simple to use.

Purchased for $2,000.00.

Highly recommend

I have had my magimix for a few months now and absolutely love it! I do not like cooking but the magimix makes it so easy. The food processor is one of my favourite parts and works well at chopping and grating. After cooking food it evenly heated. My only problem is that sometimes it is difficult to get all of the food out from under the blade.

Purchased for $1,650.00.

Used for: Soups

Good companion in the kitchen.

Was thinking about buying a Thermomix but when I accidentally attended a Magimix CookExpert demo in David Jones, I fell in love with Magimix. The food processor was fantastic. The soup and thermal function was excellent. My only downside is that there are very limited recipes for Asian food using Magimix. Would be great if more demos are done for different types of food especially Asian food or via youtube because it will greatly enhance my understanding of the usage of this great machine.

Amazing companion

I am in love with this machine, and am so please I purchased it. the bonus of a food processor is another plus. I love doing soups in it and the creamed soup is amazing. love mashed potato as well so smooth and creamy. Curries are a breeze in it as well...how did I live without it..and it is so sturdy and very easy to clean as well....

Purchased at David Jones Retail Stores for $2,000.00.

Used for: Dips & Condiments, Ground Meat and Ground Nuts / Nut Butters

cook expert is the best

i love my cook expert it is so versatile and easy to use, I love the interchangeable bowls and slicing attachments. I have made so many yummy meals and the best cheese cake ever

Purchased at Kitchen Warehouse.

Love it!

Bought my cook expert after mulling over it for months. It was a tough decision between a thermomix or magimix and I'm SO glad I went this way. The food processor is amazing and I use it more frequently than I thought I would. Initially I wasn't sold on having separate bowls for processor and thermal bowl but I actually think it's a positive now, the bowls are fit for purpose better and the smaller processor bowl is ideal for smaller batches (eg. dips). It's changed the way I cook, but I've been more experimental and it's really easy to use once you've worked out all the functions. Even hubby loves it and I really had to convince him given the price.

Purchased at Myer Online Store for $1,660.00.

Used for: Dips & Condiments, Ground Nuts / Nut Butters and Soups

Awesome machine

I purchased the Cook Expert to use in my tiny house holiday home as I do not have a proper kitchen there. The machine has surpassed my expectations. I use it every day for many jobs i.e. chopping/grating, pastry making, cake mixing, smoothies, steaming, slow cooking, curries. The soups & risottos are incredible. Very easy to use once you get the hang of it & there's lots of help on the facebook forum. Best of all I can just set it going & go away & do something else while it prepares dinner! Highly recommend.

Purchased at Millys for $2,399.00.

Used for: Dough, Ground Meat and Soups