Magimix Cook Expert 7CO18900A

Magimix Cook Expert 7CO18900A

Screws fall out, paint chips easy.

I wanted to love this appliance. It's very expensive. A few days after purchase I noticed paint scratches on the red body. Emailed the company why it would chip so easy. But they were no help. I haven't knocked it or anything. Then not long after this. I noticed the screws were lose on the bottom and one fell off. While fixing/trying to catch this screw. It fell into the plug hole. I was so shocked it was lose in the first place. I have emailed the company but not had a reply back. For such an expensive appliance I think the build quality should be better. I seriously wish I had not purchased this appliance.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Dear Carol, we are sorry to hear of your situation. Unfortunately we have not received your initial message. If you are able to resend this to sales@cambur.com.au or alternatively you can call our office on 1800 337 313 and we would be more than happy to assist.Dear Carol, we have not heard from you. Please do contact us on 1800 337 313 so we can better assist. All the best.Dear Carol, we would love to help resolve your situation. Please do contact us at 1800 337 313.

Try before buy! Is it worth the extra $?!

With 3 little kids we were looking for an efficient and safe auto cooker with long warranty. When I saw that over 100 reviews gave this 5 stars I thought it was a no brainer. There where no CookPros to try in our area so how could fault well over 100 reviewers saying it was perfect? Straight away we were disappointed with the amount of different accessories it needs to cook simple dishes, which means lots of extra washing up! There are hardly any recipes for it and nearly every process needs you to change functions. If we had our time again we would buy a cheaper brand as we don't think it anywhere as useful as the price premium suggests it should be.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Good product

Good product. It does not have an extensive recipe list, but the Thermomix recipes can easily be adapted. Particularly useful for baking and soups. Can be difficult to clean at times.

Purchased .

Impressive, but slow to love

I purchased the cook expert six months ago. I did a lot of research and decided to purchase this machine instead of the new Thermomix.

What I found missing at first were clear instructions on how to use this machine. After nine years with my old Thermomix I didn’t have to think on how to use it. Lots of programmes to set. I can’t say I found the books provided very helpful. I found it very confusing, and the amount of washing up to do!! All those bowls for different uses.. Also the Cook Expert and the extra bowls, blades and the spiraliser I purchased take up a lot of bench or cupboard space.

Now I use the Cook Expert function for all my old recipes without any problems.
If I use lots of bowls I wash as I go and it no longer seems a problem.
Magimix has a lot of work to do to catch up with Thermomix with instructions, recipes, forums etc.

Now the positives, it cooks brilliantly! The creamed soups and cake batters are our favourites at present. I have not had one failure. I love the washing up function for the large bowl.

I do recommend the Cook Expert. Just be prepared for a steep learning curve on which program, which bowl etc to use.

Purchased at Kitchen Wharehouse for $1,899.00.

Used for: Dips & Condiments, Dough, Ground Nuts / Nut Butters and Soups

Versatile multifunction appliance - can't be without it!

I purchased my Cook Expert almost two years ago. As a former Thermomix user, the Magimix took some getting used to (i.e., more attachments, scales not built in), but I have adjusted! I love the food processor function (it doesn't pulverise herbs and makes a double batch of mayonnaise in less than 2 minutes), soups, risottos and steamed rice, sauces, mincing meat, smoothies, cakes, curries..the list goes on and on. Thermomix recipes can easily be converted for use in the Magimix, which is very handy. I like the size of the large metal bowl and the fact that it's double walled stainless steel, which prevents it from becoming hot to the touch when cooking. My only complaint is that grinding spices such as cinnamon and nutmeg doesn't produce an optimal result. The only other reason I have rated the machine 4 stars is that my blade and unit required replacing during the first year, which was disappointing. That being said, customer service was very accommodating in getting me replacement parts. The long warranty period is also a very positive feature.

Purchased at Myer Retail Stores for $2,099.00.

Product is used: Daily
Used for: Dips & Condiments, Dough, Ground Meat, Ground Nuts / Nut Butters and Soups

Quiet and stylish.

Looks great on bench.

-Please redesign seal on lid as water gets EVERYWHERE when taking lid off. This includes dripping onto the buttons and bench which I am not to keen on.

-Machine runs quietly and smoothly.

- I still prefer to use the clear bowls when making pastry as it is easier to remove from the bowl, rather than having to scrape it out from under the four pronged blade. I understand the blade can be removed for ease, but I already have buttery hands and bowl is heavy.

-metal bowl looks nice. Had to replace first one due to a fine crack at the base of the bowl (manufacturing issue).

-Recipe function does not need to be on the machine-Very pointless and misleading as peaople see to think that they can actually access recipes on the machine.

-Dough blade should be included as a standard, not as an extra.

XL Steamer is good. Find it better to put boiling water into bowl for steaming.

Would like to see other guest chefs creating recipes for the CE.

Otherwise so far satisfied with my magimix CE.

Purchased at Minimax for $1,800.00.

A very versatile machine

I enjoyed the same faithful indestructible Magimix food processor for over thirty years. When I was looking to purchase an all-in-one kitchen machine, I, of course, compared the Magimix CE with a Thermomix. The Magimix won because I loved that it retained all the features of my old food processor as well as the induction cooking functions.
The food processor works as well as ever although the smaller bowls have been dispatched to the far reaches of my kitchen!
I am still learning to make the most of the cooking functions. For example, I have the dough for sour dough hot cross buns proving at the moment so have been experimenting with the bread/brioche function.
The machine is quick and easy to clean by first using the Rinse setting. The blade is then very simple to remove and so cleaning under and around it is then very easy.

Purchased at Myer Retail Stores for $2,099.00.

Used for: Dough, Ground Nuts / Nut Butters and Soups

Great companion for busy families!

I've had my Maggi for 6 months and love it, although you do need to take the time to experiment. I owned a Thermomix TM31 and was going to upgrade to the newer model, but decided on Cook Expert instead. Very glad I did! As a busy Mum, I love the convenience of prepping and cooking in one machine and Maggi has a generous sized bowl which is adequate for my family of 4, with leftovers. It is well built, and the programmes such as soups, crushed ice, bread etc make thing so quick and easy. The programmes can be used for other foods, for example, I use crushed ice for nicely chopped onions and garlic, the soup functions for lovely passatas and sauces, so you can just set and forget and get on with other things. I don't use the food processor much, as I find I can do a lot in the metal bowl. I did buy the XXL steamer, and it is well worth it. Once again it is a very genourous size and I can steam in the steamer, while cooking rice or sauces in the metal bowl under it at the same time. Even the smaller, insert steamer is a generous size. I've given Cook Expert 4 stars instead of 5, as I do think the recipes and resources for how to best use this wonderful machine is somewhat lacking. I still don't feel I know how to use it to it's full potential. Thermomix really does excel in this area, and I hope Magimix can also improve on this as Cook Expert is the superior and more versatile machine. Luckily, I have easily adapted all my Thermi recipes to Magimix, relatively easily, and they work perfectly.

Purchased for $2,099.00.

Product is used: Daily

Love my Maggi

Have been very happy with my magimix. I've had it for nearly 2 years and it hasn't missed a beat. Even my grandkids love using it as it is so simple to use.

Purchased for $2,000.00.

Product is used: Weekly

Good companion in the kitchen.

Was thinking about buying a Thermomix but when I accidentally attended a Magimix CookExpert demo in David Jones, I fell in love with Magimix. The food processor was fantastic. The soup and thermal function was excellent. My only downside is that there are very limited recipes for Asian food using Magimix. Would be great if more demos are done for different types of food especially Asian food or via youtube because it will greatly enhance my understanding of the usage of this great machine.

Great machine

Sturdy, reliable. This machine makes so many meals and desserts really easily. It feels well built and safe to use. It's easy to clean too. Food from it tastes great.
My only slight criticism is sometimes it's hard to keep more texture than you want - Bolognese sauces are a bit more smooth than I'd like etc, but the ease of using the machine more than makes up for it and it still tastes great anyway!

Purchased at David Jones Retail Stores.

Great appliance love it

Love my magimix CE Usually use it 2 to 3 times a week at least butbwill more in winter as the soup function is my favourite It saves time in preparation and cooking and lots of bowls cleaning up. Favourite function is the soup and rinse cycle. Favourite recipes are the soups the risotto the mash potatoes and the rice pudding. Love the spiriliser attachment too for salads in summer Still not confident in trying my own recipes other than soups as I find the settings a little confusing and would like to see more recipes released by magimix weekly to try but am enjoying wading way through book that came with it for now. Overall love it

Purchased at Peter's of Kensington.

Used for: Ground Meat and Soups

Love the Magimix

I received my Magimix as a surprise Christmas present (best present so far) over a year ago.

The meals I’ve made have always been delicious and save time standing at a stove forever.

The only criticisms I have would be the cleaning process and I would love for there to be a step-by-step recipe guide inbuilt into the machine.

Still happy with my present.

Used for: Ground Nuts / Nut Butters and Soups

Good all round appliance

We have been happy with the functionality of this appliance. It is great for a quick meal and also for making baby foods for my kids. We opted for this over a Thermomix as it comes with the food processor also for the same price. It does chop food a bit more than the Thermomix and you also need to play around a bit with recipes to convert them (cooking times etc) but overall have been happy with getting the cooker and the food processor in one with the cook expert. I do miss the Inbuilt scales but this is not a big issue. I love the food processor. I have had a few issues with the accompanying XXL steamer with the clips breaking but this has been replaced a few times by warranty. Overall this has been a good purchase for easy cooking.

Purchased at David Jones Online Store.

As good as expected

I love my Magimix Cook Expert which I have been using for 9 months now. Pop the ingredients in and get on with other jobs. The addition of the food processor makes this product so much better.

Purchased for $1,850.00.

Used for: Dips & Condiments, Dough, Ground Meat and Soups

Perfect. Gets lots of use & saves time.

Makes cooking quick & easy. I find myself cooking more.
Slowly learning and using all the features and attachments.
A bit heavy to move around but gets so much use we hardly pack it away.
A bit noisy sometimes.

Product is used: Several times a week

Great machine, easy to use

The CE is an all in one appliance. It looks stylish and combines the function of multiple appliances in one. I live alone and love cooking, and the CE is great whether I’m cooking for one or have a large group of mates over. From baby food (when I babysit my nephew), to making cocktails, soups, stews, cakes and ice cream, the CE is as versatile as my lifestyle demands.

My only negative is I find the base of the bowl hard to clean when it’s taken apart. But still clearly the best model on the market.

Purchased at Myer Retail Stores for $1,679.00.

Product is used: Several times a week

Would like to see more demos

I would love to see more demos, the machine is fantastic however I wish I could get more ideas on how to use it. Love the food processor / I do doodles with zucchini and can’t live without my attachments

Purchased at David Jones Retail Stores for $2,099.00.

Product is used: Monthly
Used for: Soups

Good product

The appliance is very good. The locking mechanism is a bit hard to get used to but once you work out how to use it, it makes sense - difficult due to wanting to lock for safety. Overall very good.

Purchased at David Jones Retail Stores for $2,000.00.

Used for: Soups

It works

It is great at making pesto and my kids love using it to make smoothies and milkshakes for their friends.
It falls way short at making the bed or doing the dishes.
Cleaning it was a real pain but once I figured out how to take the blades out it was a breeze.

Date PurchasedAug 2015