Magimix Blender 7MM11610A (Black)

Magimix Blender 7MM11610A (Black)

Many years of service completed, many more to go

A great blender. I've had mine for several years and it still works as well as it did day 1. It does most things well including most nuts. My main uses are milkshakes, smoothies and soups. It makes about 2 people worth of drink at a time.

The jug itself is glass which is wonderful. Whilst it would be recommended to drop said glass from any height I have banged it around a couple times by accident. I have also moved house at least 12 times since buying her since i rent and she has held up against those odds.

To keep her going as long as possible (despite myself above) I clean her immediately after every use. I also insist housemates go through a how to use lesson before gaining access to use her and revoke access if she isnt treated properly.

I have never personally put the base in the dish washer as I have always assumed that the dishwasher safe bit was in respect to the other components. I no longer have my manual for the machine but have read from other reviews this is a thing some owners have done. I recommend not doing that. I may be wrong, but it seems unlikely that putting an electric portion of a device in water is a good idea. The item has open areas at the bottom to allow the motor to cool itself down whilst in use. It is likely if the machine is put in water the water will enter the motor and corrode the system. I wash the bse by dipping a cloth into the soapy sink, wringing the cloth then using with as minimal water as possible on the outside then wiping down with a paper towel immediately. So far so good.

TLDR; is quality made, will last a long time, and does most things. Don't immerse base in water.

Date PurchasedAug 2012

Shonky, has failed twice in 2.5 years

The machine smoked after 12 months. Was told that it was my fault as it had been put in the dishwasher, and the powder corrodes the spinner (the manual clearly states that it is dishwasher safe). After a battle, Magimix repaired the item. 18 months later, same issue again. No dishwasher use, yet they told me that the Earth's Choice Liquid is corrosive! Can you believe it? Don't buy it.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

I love this blender

I love the the fact that it is a strong glass jug as oppose to many other blender out there with plastic jug.
Very powerful, easy to clean.

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Back up purchase.

Had one for for several years. No problems, used at least twice daily. Considered it may be an advantage to have a reserve. Kitchenware-superstore provided a prompt service, sent same day, well packed, at an excellent price

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Very happy

Great! No issues. Much quieter than my previous blender. Looks great on my bench too

Date PurchasedJan 2016