Magimix Le Micro

Magimix Le Micro

This is a good little workhorse for doing small quantities of food

This is really good for doing small amounts of stuff, e.g. dicing onions, etc. I think a bamix is better for doing Pesto sauce, pastes, etc. We have had ours for over 5 years and it is still going strong. The bowl is plastic so care should be taken not to drop it, or it may fracture. Also, I had wash mine to avoid the harsh chemicals in the dishwasher.

Date PurchasedJun 2009

Motor stopped working after minimal use

When it worked, it worked wonderfully. I ground nuts, made pesto and everything else. I used it once every fortnight at most. Then after 1.5 years, it died. Despite the motor running and the blades turning, it was slower and became useless. A monumental waste of money. My previous stick blender for a third of the price lasted for years. Never purchasing this brand again.

Date PurchasedSep 2015

Agree with Angie

The motor is great and the processor is very powerful. However both the lid and bowl are made of plastic that is easily damaged and expensive to replace. I have had many food processors and this has not happened before. Usually it is the motor that stops working. For this reason not sure if l would buy this again.

Date PurchasedApr 2014

Poor quality - forget it lasting a lifetime...

Have found this food processor handy over the past three years but disappointed that having just passed the warranty period the cover for the pulse button fell off and now the lock for the bowl has snapped - meaning it no longer works.
Spent a bit more on this product because I thought it would last a life time - not only do I have to buy a new one but really didn't want to be adding again to landfill with another old appliance.

Awesome little powerhouse

I am really impressed with this mini machine. It does everything just as that a food processor does only super quietly and way more efficiently. Ok it's not huge but it works so quickly that you can easily tip out and do another lot in the blink of an eye. The 30 year warranty, will probably out live me. Really compact for my small kitchen and find I'm using it all the time as it's not much to wash up.

Beware of misleading specification for bowl size

I have just received this product from Myer online (very fast excellent service). On unpacking it I was surprised at how small the bowl looked as the product specifications on all sites, including Magimix specify 800ml. As I had been looking forward to a relatively large bowl for a small processor I used a measuring jug and water to check the 800ml claim. I found that while this may well be the volume capacity for the shape and size of the bowl it is not usable capacity. The maximum physical capacity is 500ml, any more and the contents flow into the central chopping blade tube which is shorter than the bowl rim. Additionally, the instructions clearly advise not to fill the bowl beyond 2/3 capacity. While this is not going to affect the quality or performance of the machine, I do feel that the 800ml specification is misleading and that anyone considering purchasing this item should be aware of it's smaller actual capacity. Magimix please include the usable capacity in your specifications. I have given it a lower rating at this time simply because of my disappointment in the bowl and because I have not yet used the Le Micro but will review again after I have used it for a while.

Superstar little performer

I bought this because I found the 3200XL did not rotate fast enough to chop herbs. I do not regret the decision to add to my collection and intact it is a great compliment to the Magimix family. I have used it for chopping chocolate, onion, herbs and it is fast, easy to control and get the degree of fineness that you required. Looking forward to making a salad dressing in it with the liquid dispenser in the lid. Easy to clean
Versatile, fast chopper, easy to control.
Nothing!

Excellent machine, made in France!

Yes folks, this is not a missprint, Magimix food processors are still made in France and i really think this shows, very sturdy little machine, feels like a real appliance that chef's would use in their kitchens, top quality blade and chops, blends like a dream. The total capacity for food is 800mls but i wouldn't try to blend much more than abot 600ml of food at a time. Bought on sale off peter's of kensington online shop for $116, but noticed it's also on sale from Kitchenware Direct for $139, either way it's only a few dollars more than what seems like the more unreliable Cuisinart colourful mini processor that seems to be everywhere at the moment. I want something that will last for years and years as i want to make everything from curry pastes, pesto, pureed fruit for ice-cream, baby food, smoothies, etc without having to replace with another dodgy appliance.
I noticed some other online reviews have complained that it only has a pulse function but why on earth would you need to process anything for more than about 60 secs anyway?
3 year parts guarantee, 1 year parts and labour. Small enough to leave permanently on kitchen bench.