Maginon (Aldi) SRR-200

Maginon (Aldi) SRR-200

5.0 from 1 review

See the Best Digital Radios in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

First time I couldn't find something to criticise

I recently bought Aldi’s Tradesman’s radio – Maginon SRR-200 (“Robust Radio”) to replace a previous Aldi AM/FM version. The previous model was large, heavy, analogue AM/FM only, hard to tune, had trouble holding onto an FM station and fell apart after a couple of years of little use. So I was a bit reluctant with buying the SRR-200, particularly as it is around half the size of the previous tradesman’s radio.

I am delighted to say I was wrong.

The sound is excellent. The functionality is excellent (although it’s hard to get that wrong on a DAB radio). Its sensitivity and ability to handle poor signals is excellent. I like its aesthetics. Its design as a device that is intended to be portable and given rough treatment is excellent - I can’t comment about its actual ability to handle rough treatment as I haven’t dropped it or dropped anything onto it (yet).

Rather than leave it in the garage until I want to carry it around outside, I’ve replaced the radio in the bathroom as hopefully the robustness extends to handling the steam.

If you read my other reviews I have always found something to criticise. This is the first product where I haven’t been able to come up with a criticism - once I got my head around the slightly different way in which the control set worked.