Magnapool

24 questions from our users

Ethan z.
Ethan z.asked

Hi
I’ve just had an hydroxinator iq installed with a new magna pool and it was working fine but now for some reason the clock resets itself to 00.00 each day.
I now have to reset the clock to the correct time each day which is very annoying!
Kind regards
Richard

Andrew K.
Andrew K.

Mine as well! i have just logged a support request to see what they say.

Michelleasked

I recently had my magnapool water tested at a local pool shop, they told me i needed to add abag of slt to the pool. I have never been told to do this before & when i questioned him he said maybe just add a bag of minerals instead.
Does a magna pool ever require salt to added

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please reach out to our LIVE CHAT for further troubleshooting assistance.
We can be reached at the live chat located on our website during 9am-5pm Mon to Fri: https://www.magnapool.com/

Fluidra Support

Drone My Roof
Drone My Roof

I have never been told to add salt, I’d get a second opinion or look up zodiacs help line and call them, sounds like a pool shop who has no idea what Magnapool is. The magnapool compound contains salt and magnesium ‍sounds like bad advice to me

Michelle

Thanks for you response, I think I need a new pool shop

Andrea E.
Andrea E.asked

I have owned a magna pool for 11 years and I can't stop the controls from beeping saying add more mineral. It does not need more mineral everything is good. The pool shop said they do have a total hours and you need to reset this. Do you know how to reset hours for this please.

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for your inquiry, This sounds like a pre-Zodiac/Fluidra product that was made by Poolrite the previous owners of MagnaPool (none of our current products beep or have any audio alarms). Unfortunately we don't use or supply any of their equipment, but you may be able to find info online to fix the issue. Our recommendation would be to upgrade to a new Hydroxinator, that is supported by us and with spare parts readily available for future-proofing and peace of mind: https://www.magnapool.com/product/hydroxinator-iq. Feel free to reach out to us via LIVE CHAT on the website if you have any further questions.

Fluidra Support

James
Jamesasked

I have had a Zodiac Magnapool Hydroxinator and Cell for four years now and it has been awesome. In the last month however, it seems to intermittently indicate I have a cell problem and the electrolytic cell doesn't produce chlorine(?). However, when I press the boost function, the electrolytic cell operates as it should. I've removed and cleaned the cell today and also tried using a brand new cell - with the same result. All connections are fine and chemical and mineral balance within desired ranges. I spoke to our local pool shop after we tried the new cell and they suggest the Hydroxinator needs replacing. Any ideas why it works sometimes and not others, and why it does work on boost? What is the average life span of a Zodiac Hydroxinator and can they be repaired?

Hi James,

Thanks for your inquiry. It could be the cell has reached the end of life, but one thing to observe is how often the cell comes on every 10 minutes. The output system works by activating the cell for 1 minute in every 10, for every 10% worth of output.. ie at 30% it will be on for 3 minutes and off for 7minutes every 10 minutes. So if you set the output for 10%, watch the cell and see if it is on for around a minute and then off for the rest of the 10-minute cycle

If you need further assistance, we can be reached at the live chat located on this page during 9am-5pm Mon to Fri: https://www.zodiac.com.au/contactus

James
Jamesasked

I have had a Zodiac Magnapool Hydroxinator controller and Cell for four years now and it has been awesome. In the last month however, it seems to intermittently indicate I have a cell problem and the electrolytic cell doesn't produce chlorine(?). However, when I press the boost function, the electrolytic cell operates as it should. I've removed and cleaned the cell today and also tried using a brand new cell - with the same result. All connections are fine and chemical and mineral balance within desired ranges. I spoke to our local pool shop after we tried the new cell and they suggest the Hydroxinator Controller needs replacing. Any ideas why it works sometimes and not others, and why it does work on boost? What is the average life span of a Zodiac Hydroxinator and can they be repaired?

JenPasked

A question for the Reps - We are thinking of converting our Enviroswim pool system to a Magnapool system. We currently have a Waterco Sand Filter. I am wanting to find out approximately how much the equipment would be to convert to a Magnapool, such as how much does the Hydroxinator cost, how much to convert to glass media, etc.
Also how long should the Hydroxinator last? We are in Scarborough, 4020.

Hi Jen

Thanks for your inquiry. The most extensive labour requirement is changing your sand filter to glass media (if its required). If it is already glass media, just a good backwash before and after adding minerals is all that is required. You will also need to add a Hydroxinator and electrolytic cell, then add the minerals to the pool, and you are good to go! The costs can vary greatly depending on the requirements, so best to consult with your local MagnaPool specialist to get an accurate figure. You can find your local MagnaPool specialist here: https://www.magnapool.com/locator/

Any other questions please feel free to let us know.

Thanks for your reply.

Mark A.
Mark A.asked

My Zodiac Magnapool control panel is not operating. Nothing is displaying on the screen. I estimate it is about 6 years old. Do these break down and need replacing over time ? Or is this unusual ? I have tested the power and there is definitely power to the area still.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your inquiry. We recommend that you contact your local pool shop for repair. (You can find your local dealer here: https://www.magnapool.com/locator/) Indeed the Hydroxinator like all equipment can breakdown over time, it could be that one of the PCBs needs to be replaced, which is why we recommend going to a pool shop and asking them to look over it and see what the issue may be. If you can confirm this is the hydroxinator that you use, we can advise what repairs may be required. https://www.magnapool.com/install-new-magnapool/

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions. Our Live Chat is open 9am - 5pm Monday - Friday, Sydney Time: https://www.zodiac.com.au/contactus

dan801asked

Anyone had any success with that support email replying? I’ve tried twice now and still no response 3 weeks later

Hopefully someone can answer me this;

I’ve recently added MagnaSpa to my 1000L SPA. This has resulted in my hardness levels going to approx 800 with the ideal level being 400.

Is this of concern and/or is there a way to fix it?

My original water hardness was very low and so I added water hardness calcium at the recommendation of the Spa people which brought it up to 400. It then doubled to 800 when I added the MagnaSpa. Should I not have added the initial calcium and does need fixing or is calcium and magnesium hardness different.

ALSO; How long will the MagnaSpa treatment last before it needs to be renewed?

Hi dan801,

Thanks for your inquiry. When testing for hardness levels the only compound to test for is calcium, and you should check with the manufacturer of the spa to know what they recommend. But most fibreglass shells require around 50-100ppm of calcium, this calcium is required to maintain water balance and fibreglass integrity. The reason your hardness is very high is due to magnesium, and for water balance etc this reading is unimportant. With a MagnaSpa you could expect to see anything up to 800-900ppm. I would advise that a water sample is tested by a shop to ensure that calcium levels (only) are in the correct range. Ensure they test for true calcium hardness, not total hardness.

dan801

How often does the MagnaSpa crystals have to be replaced / how long do they last in the spa

Hi dan801,

They will stay in the water permanently, so they last until you replace the water, water should be replace every 4-6mths in a Spa.

Sean M
Sean Masked

can you use mineral swim in a fiberglass pool that has a gel coat? I saw previous comments saying it has wrecked their pool??

Hi Sean,

Thanks for your inquiry but unfortunately MineralSwim is not a MagnaPool product that we provide. However, MagnaPool does NOT affect gel coat of a fibreglass pool, this would only happen due to water chemistry imbalance. In fact there are many very happy fibreglass MagnaPool users across the country and we stand by our product 100%. If you ever need advice on our MagnaPool products we are only a click away: https://www.magnapool.com/

Patrick Mobouck
Patrick Mobouckasked

Although CYA is at 57, the free chloor is evaporating in a couple of hours (for ex. yesterday from 1.76 to 0.00 in 5 hours). Does a magnapool need higher levels of CYA? (I understand that CYA over 40 is not adding any effect any more).

Hi Patrick.

Thanks for your inquiry and we do apologise for getting back to you so late.

To answer your question, MagnaPool doesn't require any higher levels of any chemicals compared to any other pool. Regarding CYA, it doesn't matter if it was in a saltwater pool, a liquid chlorine pool or a MagnaPool. The rate of chlorine burn off from the sun is identical. However, we find this rate if burn off you are experiencing quite dramatic. Is your pool exposed to a lot of direct sunlight and are you in a very warm or tropical climate? There is no easy way around this and we wouldn't recommend increasing your CYA levels any higher as it will just lock up your free chlorine. We'd recommend going to a pool shop and getting a complete water test done to ensure there is nothing else at play (ie phosphate could be contributing as an example)

RMH
RMHasked

A year ago, we changed our pebblecrete salt water pool to mineral (Magna). Initially, we were very happy with it. However in the last 6 to 8 months it has been difficult to maintain its pristine appearance.
Any advice please?

Kiaria

Can't help you with that one as we also were happy for the first 12months of our Magna pool and now we have lost all the colour off the original mould caused supposedly by chemicals which we were told to use and were administered by a Pool Maintenance Service. Very, very disasappointed.

Zoltan
Zoltan

First of all, maintaining pH and alkalinity is very important: be sure to keep the chemistry of your pool balanced by adding acid and buffer as needed, based on water analysis. While my pool has not shown such signs (yet) I understand magnesium in the Magnapool salt can remove calcium from pool materials that contain it, which can affect structural integrity as well as appearance.
I have personally found Magnapool overpriced and even dangerous to the grout and even the paving around my pool so, I have decided to go back to liquid chlorine out of the swimming season, and may use Magnapool again only in warm weather when I actually use the pool. My pool loses 1 bag of salt each month just because of backwash, and even more when it rains, which is a waste and even though magnesium salt isn't as bad to the environment as sea salt, it isn't harmless.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your inquiries and we do apologies for getting back to you so late. Just want to clarify that the use of MagnaPool minerals in either a fibreglass or concrete pool 100% safe and easy to maintain and you will not lose any colour. It will not affect your grout or tiles, appearance or integrity. As some of the comments here have already pointed out, ensuring that your pH and Alkalinity are properly maintained is essential.

Also the mention that Magnesium can remove calcium is actually not correct. Calcium is the 3rd element that is absolutely essential for correct water balance, along with pH and ALK, so ensuring there is sufficient Calcium present is essential. Magnesium does NOT remove calcium, however if the pool shop or service person only tests for hardness rather than calcium, this can lead to the false illusion that there is sufficient calcium (as magnesium contribute to the hardness of the pool water). Therefore if calcium is lost and never tested and replaced (as it should be during a proper annual maintenance routine). A properly maintained MagnaPool will give you many years of enjoyable swimming and give your pool and water a sparkle that is unlike any other. Happy to assist with any further inquiries that anyone might have. We can be reached via private messages.

james gardinerasked

Magna Pool control panel is beeping and saying add more minerals. I had water tested and they told me to add 2 bags (10kg each). 1 wk later control panel was saying "add more minerals". I added another 10kg bag. The control pad is still beeping and saying add more minerals. I had the water tested again and the mineral level is exactly where it should be, yet I am still getting the beep and msg?

Kiaria

Mate I can't help you all I know is that my Magna Pool supposedly has been affected by the chemical used even though it is a qualified pool cleaning company and 2 other companies also say the chemicals can not have taken all the colour off our once grey pool and now pale blue pool. I believe the full is with Narellan Pools who will not come to the party. Good luck

Hi James,

Are you able to send a photo of the unit to productsupport.au@fluidra.com? Not many of our products beep, so we'd just like to confirm it's our product.

However, I have spoken with our Watercare Technical team, and they have responded as follows:

If your unit is still in good working order (i.e. less than 3 or 4 years old), it's most likely caused by water temperature. As it starts to get cooler and the temperature drops, so does the conductivity of the water. As a result, the electrolytic cell demands a higher mineral level. Unfortunately, it is a side effect of the chlorination process that all electrolytic cells endure. We recommend dropping the output to a suitable level to keep the water clean and healthy. Even if the Hydoxinator light is still on it, just ensure your mineral levels are maintained at the correct level.

Either way, please feel free to get in touch using the email above and we can chat further.

Thanks!

james gardiner

Cheers, I will send pic through when I get home from work. The system is about 7 years old.

Julianne E
Julianne Easked

I have fibromyalgia and am wondering if anyone who has this has benefitted from the magnesium spa.

Vishal P.
Vishal P.asked

Hi I have a Magna pool and it's only 6 months old.The pH dosing system has stopped working. What could be the reason for this.
Regards

LouLou5111

Hey Vishal. I imagine it's still under warranty. Just contact the manufacturer/installer and let them work it out.

Leanne H.
Leanne H.asked

Hi there
I was told by our pool shop that we should put 5 bags of salt in or otherwise if need 10 bags of magnesium
I couldnt understand why so much as never had to before.
Now my pool pump keeps beeping saying high salinity and Ive played with it for over 2 weeks now still trying to get it down.
Ive added acid, shock treatment three times in the last 2 weeks and also stabiliser.
Oh is still high, machine is still beeping high salinity, and pool is Fluro green

Ive taken the cells out and cleaned them but its still happening

What should I do?

LouLou5111

I'm so sorry to hear that Leanne. I don't know anything about chemicals so I can't comment on what you should do now. If I was you, I'd pay a pool shop to come out and fix the problem, but I don't understand why they'd tell you to use salt with a magnesium pool filter. It has completely different components to a regular salt pool. When I got my Magnapool Hydroxinator 25 installed they added 5 bags of magnapool mineral (magnesium) to the pool, plus they removed the old media and cleaned out the internals of the fillter, filling the tank with new glass media which is what the magnesium needs to work. Sometimes trying to save money by doing it yourself can end up costing more. Perhaps the pool shop that advised you, didn't know how the magnapool hydroxinator worked. Did you install that yourself? If a pool company installed it, why didn't they add the right chemicals?

Ron
Ronasked

Need a replacement cell for my pool. Cell is marked as follows.

Poolrite. Unit 7255-027-11-06. Item 8893.

Can you help as the control unit is a digital display magnapool. Not sure how old it is but could be around 8 years old. Can you help.

Arlene
Arleneasked

Looking at getting magnaspa for our spa. The instructions say a 3 kg bag for 10000 l but it doesn’t say how often or what maintenance dose is on the website

LouLou5111

Hey Arlene. I've had my large saltwater pool changed over to magnapool (cost around $2000) for nearly 6 months now and I'm loving the clarity of the water and the silky feel of it. I have the local pool shop come out once every four weeks (costs $65 plus any chemicals) and they manage it all for me. The only thing I do is empty the filter basket weekly. Since set-up, they haven't added any magnesium, only acid and balancers, so it seems to be using less chemicals than the salt version. If you want to do it yourself, you might have to ring Magnapool and ask them what their protocol is for checking the chemicals in the pool and adding more. I don't like touching that stuff, so I'm happier to let the pool shop do it all.

Camstar
Camstar

Hi Louise that seems like a great price - can you share where you purchased ?

Donemans Pools in Bundaberg

Sally
Sallyasked

I am about to put a magna pool system into our new pool. Can you please advise what are the advantages of a ES3 over the entry level. Our pool will be 10m x 4m by Narellan Pools.

Many thanks - Sally

Annaasked

My Magna pool control centre seems to be making a louder running noise than normal. It’s ok when it’s on for a short time but overnight running I heard it running much louder than normal which is pretty quiet. Everything else is doing what it should. When I turn it off it now whirs for a few minutes. It never used to do this. It’s just gone approx 3.5 yrs. does this sound like an issue? Thanks

Hi Anna
Definitely sounds like you have a problem. We have just replaced our Magnapool controller after 3.5 years and last week we had to replace the cell as well (after only 14,000 hours use). 3 years seems to be about the normal life cycle for Magnapool products. That said, our controller is pretty much silent. The pump makes a little noise on start up and not much running. Would call your local Magnapool dealer for a diagnostic check.
Regards
Deb

Rats! Thank you shall do

michelleasked

We have had our magna pool for around 7 weeks and I did first test at the pool shop today and they said I needed 6 bags of minerals. I read that for the size of our pool 30000 litres we should only need around 3-4 10kg bags per year. Do you think the need for it now is because when the pool guy set it up he hasn't put enough it at the start? Im hoping thats the case as wouldn't be happy having to add that much mineral every month at $38 a bag
Any advice?

Hi Michelle
I would think your pool guy has not put enough in at the start. We have an 85000 litre pool and would only put 3 to 4 bags per year - if that - in the pool. Very rarely need to add minerals, usually when we do, it is after the pool has overflowed with heavy rain.

michelle

Thanks so much Deb. I'm happy to hear that you only need a few bags a year

Get an answer from our members and Magnapool representatives

Other Pool & Spa Shops