Magnapool

Magnapool Questions & Answers

8 questions from our users

Arlene

Arleneasked

Looking at getting magnaspa for our spa. The instructions say a 3 kg bag for 10000 l but it doesn’t say how often or what maintenance dose is on the website

LouiseC
LouiseC

Hey Arlene. I've had my large saltwater pool changed over to magnapool (cost around $2000) for nearly 6 months now and I'm loving the clarity of the water and the silky feel of it. I have the local pool shop come out once every four weeks (costs $65 plus any chemicals) and they manage it all for me. The only thing I do is empty the filter basket weekly. Since set-up, they haven't added any magnesium, only acid and balancers, so it seems to be using less chemicals than the salt version. If you want to do it yourself, you might have to ring Magnapool and ask them what their protocol is for checking the chemicals in the pool and adding more. I don't like touching that stuff, so I'm happier to let the pool shop do it all.

Camstar
Camstar

Hi Louise that seems like a great price - can you share where you purchased ?

Sally

Sallyasked

I am about to put a magna pool system into our new pool. Can you please advise what are the advantages of a ES3 over the entry level. Our pool will be 10m x 4m by Narellan Pools.

Many thanks - Sally

Annaasked

My Magna pool control centre seems to be making a louder running noise than normal. It’s ok when it’s on for a short time but overnight running I heard it running much louder than normal which is pretty quiet. Everything else is doing what it should. When I turn it off it now whirs for a few minutes. It never used to do this. It’s just gone approx 3.5 yrs. does this sound like an issue? Thanks

Hi Anna
Definitely sounds like you have a problem. We have just replaced our Magnapool controller after 3.5 years and last week we had to replace the cell as well (after only 14,000 hours use). 3 years seems to be about the normal life cycle for Magnapool products. That said, our controller is pretty much silent. The pump makes a little noise on start up and not much running. Would call your local Magnapool dealer for a diagnostic check.
Regards
Deb

Rats! Thank you shall do

michelleasked

We have had our magna pool for around 7 weeks and I did first test at the pool shop today and they said I needed 6 bags of minerals. I read that for the size of our pool 30000 litres we should only need around 3-4 10kg bags per year. Do you think the need for it now is because when the pool guy set it up he hasn't put enough it at the start? Im hoping thats the case as wouldn't be happy having to add that much mineral every month at $38 a bag
Any advice?

Hi Michelle
I would think your pool guy has not put enough in at the start. We have an 85000 litre pool and would only put 3 to 4 bags per year - if that - in the pool. Very rarely need to add minerals, usually when we do, it is after the pool has overflowed with heavy rain.

michelle

Thanks so much Deb. I'm happy to hear that you only need a few bags a year

Max W

Max Wasked

What are the pros an cons of the magnesium pools?

Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Max, If you would like to contact us, we can run through this with you. Our number is 1300 763 021, thanks.

robasked

Hi, I am a new pool owner with a magna pool. It has a strange taste and uses 800ml of acid per week to keep it balanced. Its around a month old. Is this normal for a 50,000lt pool??

LJSyd
LJSyd

Hi, that’s definitely not normal, ours is very stabile in full sun, we use about 500ml acid in last 6 months. Are you using magnesium test strips and mineral level is correct? We put about 15 x 10kg Magnapool mineral bags at start up. And is the chlorine output high enough or too high (“5in one” test strips test PH and chlorine levels )? Hope that helps

John T Wilkins

I find that as suggested by Magna Pool you always take a sample into a pool shop that has up to date testing facilities every three months and they will advise just what is needed, as well as regular testing with test strips.
This also takes any guesswork out of the system

rob

Hi, I have recently gone to another pool shop, as the first keeps telling me nothing is wrong. They have got me to put 40kg extra minerials and stabiliser. Chlorine and ph were in normal readings... I'll give another week and see. I do have a pool cover, not sure if this would make any differences. It does come off at least once a week...

Greg H

Greg Hasked

I have a new Magna concrete Pool commissioned In October, it has PH perfect fitted. It appears to use a lot of acid eg about 15 l (this is broken down with water) in 12 days is this normal?
How often should it be backwashed? It has glass filter all zodiac. When you google this you get different answers from weekly , monthly to when pressure gauge reaches certain pressure.

John T Wilkins

Hi Greg, I am sorry I am unable to help as we installed a new fibreglass pool, and have not had any problems to date.
I do receive great help from the pool shop who test the water every three months as recommended by Narellan Pools to cover pool maintenance.

Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Greg, My I ask if you are referring to the Magnapool? Thanks.

Gil

Gilasked

I am usisng MagnaPool for few months, I notice that the metal greed at the bottom of the pool has oxidize in the corners. This has never happen before with the other systems. The MagnaPool could be the reason? Any solution?

Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Gil. Our National Product Manager would be happy to speak to you regarding this? Can you please send your details via a DM or through our Inbox on Facebook? Thanks.

Get an answer from our members and Zodiac representatives