Magshop Questions & Answers

13 questions from our users

Alex M.

Alex M.asked

Magshop is now part of Are Media Group, owned by Mercury Capital (as of last year due to Covid). I too am having my subscription stuffed up and Magshop not responding. I'm suggesting everyone contact either Are Media Group or Mercury Capital. Some action might then be taken.

Tanya
Tanya

Thanks Alex. I have emailed both Are Media Group and also Mercury Capital. Not sure I will get a response but I have cancelled my card and lodged a disputed transaction. Never again will I subscribe to a magazine.

Gaming with L.

Gaming with L.asked

Wen I win a free year of magazines on monopoly at Macaus it only let’s me order 1 mag

mirrabuccaasked

Hi Magshop:
I renewed my wife's subscription to Womens' Weekly in July 2020. The transaction was sucessful, but you have made TWO deductions from my credit card, one on the 15th July 202 and the other on the 16th July 2020. We only receive ONE copy. I have asked for a refund but you do not reply to my emails.
I see many other reviews from people in similar positions to mine (moneys not being refunded).
Please take this seriously! Perhaps a class action will sort it out?

Adam
Adam

Im happy to join ur class action

mirrabucca

No response from Magshop, but I DID hget a refund. No explanation, no appology, just a credit on my credit card statement.

Nancyasked

I paid $73 on 31/07/2020 for the Australian Women's Weekly receipt number 1892068 end date is 31/7/2021
so far I have nothing. This is a poor arrangement as you have my money so where is my Magazine?
Nancy Boundy. 208 B Beach Road, Kaikoura. NZ

Nancy

I am entitled to an answer!

Sheryl Rattigan
Sheryl Rattigan

Good luck Nancy. I have been trying since May to get a refund for a subscription to a magazine they cancelled a month after taking my money! They are a company of thieves and I think all the people who have done reviews this year should join together to make a claim against them to the Small Claims Tribunal.

Nancy

I have had no answer to their theft of my $73. Being a pensioner that money meant a lot to me.

Grant Wasked

Where is my Instyle magazine subscription ? Why am I being referred to the publisher. Shouldn't your company be doing that

Cazza
Cazza

I want a reply as to why I have had 2 amounts deducted from my credit card when the website said my transactions were “unable to be processed”. I have been emailing for weeks, and received a vague answer.. I sent the documents they required and still don’t have my $150 back! Not happy here. I want my money back.

Grant W

They are an absolute joke Cazza. Wouldn't tell me why my instyle subscription wasn't turning up then find out on the news they will no longer be publishing it

Kate L

Kate Lasked

I paid for a 6 month subscription to WHO magazine as a gift for a friend on 21 May 2020. The money has been debited from my card however no magazines have been delivered. Your phones are down so I sent an email and passed onto Pacific Publications who said they have never received the order from you. I have now sent multiple emails to you and have not had a response. This is not good enough. Can someone please contact me ASAP

Ray

Rayasked

What is the current situation with regard to delivery of Wheels and Motor magazines. I have not received copies for some time.
Ray

Jeff W.
Jeff W.

Unfortunately I do not know about those magazines as our comments relate to my wife’s editions of Woman’s Day, which we are still receiving the copies of, now finally.
Sorry I cannot help with your magazines, but they should be delivering Bohemia’s also.

Cherilee M

Cherilee Masked

I ordered Womans Day & Australian Womans Weekly for my Aunt on 5/5/20, she didn,t receive either of them. Can you Please help or explain. Cherilee

Karena Rankinasked

Hello, I am enquiring about a subscription for House and Garden magazine paid for on 4/2/2020 for my daughter Kate Buller. She has not yet received a magazine and was wondering when it is due, thank you in advance for you help, Karena Rankin

Steve F.
Steve F.

just received my copy yesterday

Karena Rankin

When did you place the order??

MagShopMagshop

Hi Karena, sorry that your daughter has not received her magazine as yet. If you can send me her customer number or full name and address to my person email lblades@Bauer-media.com I will check what has happened. Australia Post has notified us that there are some delivery delays in their network so I can check if her suburb was impacted.
I know we can sort this out and I look forward to hearing from you.
Head of Customer Experience, Subscriptions and E-Commerce
Magshop ( a division Bauer Media Group )
Level 5 / 54 -58 Park Street, SYDNEY, NSW, 2000
e: LBlades@bauer-media.com.au

HoneyBeeasked

I notice that delivery times can vary. Why is that shouldnt it be the same? Why can it take so long?

MagShopMagshop

Thank You for your question. Magshop provides a service for many different publishers and the print time table for each magazine can be different. The delivery time frames provided cater for these variations and also the fact Australia Post gives us a 5 business day delivery window for their service. If you have any question or concerns regarding delivery the contact centre agents will be happy to assist. Please note that if your publication is fulfilled by an external publisher as per our terms and conditions you may need to contact them directly once the subscription order has been transferred from Magshop.

Thank You.

twigs

twigsasked

Can you help with a problem about a subscription I have with Woodlands Publishers as I have 14 issues left of Australian Cardmaking , Stamping and Papercraft magazine which is now digitized. I have left messages with them regarding a refund
Thank you in advance , Shirley Barber

Hi Shirley,
As we have been emailing privately I will keep my answer generic so that anyone else impacted by issues with Woodlands Publishers may find benefit in my answer.

Woodlands Publishers is a separate company to Magshop. If we can confirm that a purchase for Woodlands Publishers was made via Magshop, I can assist with tracing that funds and that details were correctly provided to them, I can help customers to identify which part of the process the problem may be occurring in. Failure to receive magazines could be caused by many things e.g. incorrect details being provided. This is why the first step is to find the original order and I provide my direct contact email so I can investigate.

If your purchase was made via Magstore or another website unfortunately I cannot help you as i have no access to the information. Woodlands Publishers have sold their products via a range of relationships and can be held accountable for the level of their service via consumer protection agencies if you continue to have issues in dealing with them directly.

I am sorry I could not help you further and I am sorry that Woodlands Publishers are not responding to your queries.

Customer Service & Operations Manager
Magshop (a division of Bauer Media Group)
Level 5 | 54-58 Park Street | SYDNEY NSW 2000
e: LBlades@magshop.com.au

Robyn

Robynasked

No email has come from you???

What is the question?

Sandra
Sandra

I wrote a couple of emails also with no reply!

Peter

I need a question to answer..where is it?

JILL

JILLasked

I subscibed to yours and it arrives several days later than in stores - why? Totally unacceptable!!!! Jill, Robina QLD

LemonPoppySeed
LemonPoppySeed

Yes what is the point in subscribing when you get your magazine at the end of the week..when you can buy it on Monday ?

Magazine Delivery.
( Please note: I am currently reviewing historical feedback and identified that this question required an update as we have new processes and subscription options )

Magshop works in partnership with Australia Post to minimise delays in delivery of our magazines.
We are constantly analysing hot spots to see if we have a cluster of people impacted or if the problem is isolated to an individual address and use a variety of tools such as mail traces if we discover an ongoing issue.

Process updates since this question occurred.

We proactively email customers with updates if public holidays or magazine embargos cause delays.
We recently changed our premium and product item delivery system to the Australia Post e-parcel service which allows for tracking of items.

Australia Post give us a 5 day window for magazine delivery, unfortunately on some occasions a subscription may arrive after it is available in the stores. We have a process in place to ensure that you get full value for your subscription if a magazine is not delivered, any of our customer service agents can assist if you have delivery problems.

We hope that the price benefit of a subscription compared to regular retail prices and the convenience of it coming to your home balances this timing challenge and we work with customers if issues arise.

We have also developed our digital magazine products to help customers with an alternative that gets them our content quickly, at a lower price and removes any delays.

I hope this answer has been helpful, if anyone has questions or more feedback please email me directly Lblades@bauer-media.com.au

Head of Customer Experience, Subscriptions and E-Commerce

Magshop ( a division Bauer Media Group )
Level 5 / 54 -58 Park Street, SYDNEY, NSW, 2000
e: LBlades@bauer-media.com.au

Get an answer from our members and Magshop representatives