Magshop

• Return Claim MadeYes · No (768)

No customer service available

Magshop are ripping people off

I cancelled my subscription and direct debit in May but Magshop kept sending magazines then debited my account. Magazines finally stopped but they haven’t refunded charges and don’t respond with anything other than apologies saying someone will get back to me and then doesn’t. DO NOT set up direct debits with this company as they cannot be trusted.

No incentive to renew for longer period

weird pricing! $59.99 if you do 12 months and auto renewal but if you commit upfront to 2 years it's more expensive! $129.99 = $65 x2 which is the same price as if you do 1 year at a time. what's the incentive?!

Kat

KatGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Poor customer service!

In May last year I requested my subscription be suspended. Since then Magshop has continued to charge my credit card every month and send me a magazine I no longer wish to receive. I have emailed them twice since May and no one has returned the email or contacted me and I have tried calling only to be kept in a long waiting queue. After 13 mins I was given the option of a callback which failed to accept my number and then disconnected me. Very frustrating and quite frankly unacceptable customer service.

Awful service on many levels

So many magazines not received at all and bad customer service, I cant even cancel my subscription due to this as I am paying for issues not received since 18th May and before they changed to the magshop they extended my subs but since then it seems to have gone awol. Pretty much over this

Trish G

Trish GSydney, NSW

Appalling Customer Service

Do not use these people for subscriptions. They are useless. No phone contact and emails followed up with constant response 'passed on & will be in contact in 5 working days" and no response received. I have been subscribing to WW for 12 issues per year for approx: 5 years and the last 2 years my period of subscription keeps reducing by one month or one issue. Luckily I had not signed up for Auto Renewal and will not be subscribing when my current subscription ends.

garry

garryGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

magshop

Avoid magshop like you would C-19
Customer service appalling
Phone contact is virtually impossible unless you are prepared to wait 40 minutes plus on their 13 number

J Jones

J JonesSydney, NSW

Good Magazines

Spent 35 minutes waiting on the phone finally got someone all i needed was a link to there gift cards to send with the subscription the person on the phone said he would do it straight away 4 days later still waiting .
Very Poor Service

35 minutes of my life i will never get back

Des

DesNorth West, QLD

BEWARE before signing up

Customer service is terrible. Lost money on subscriptions not followed through. Contact is non existent. Replies to emails has stopped.

wombling_free

wombling_freeSouth Australia

Needs to improve

Have used for a long time for my puzzle magazine subscriptions, had some minor problems with missing issues. They charged my credit card today for a renewal that had been cancelled.
Currently there is no way to cancel an auto renewal online, also cannot remove my saved card details from my account because there has been an error with their system for months.

AdamWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Terrible service been 9 weeks still no mags

9 weeks ago and 3 emails and no reply,
To others looking at this company stay clear....
Takes your money and that's it no communication and no reply from these scammers

Kept charging my card after the subscription ended

I purchased an initial six month subscription, it was advertised as a fixed term. Later I find out they charge on an ongoing basis, counter to the terms of the original purchase. Deceptive practices, buyer beware - and check your credit card statements!

Absolutely Disgusted with the Severe Lack of Customer Service

I am so irate with this crowd, I along with so any others by the sounds of things are fed up with the customer service, or should NON existent customer service.
I am now forced to let my elderly mothers gift subscription expire and try and order it elsewhere. As for my own, trying to cancel and get a refund, what what I have red in previous reviews, seems to be an utter waist of time. What happened to the former "Subscribe Today" team

Very poor customer service

Subscription renewed for larger amount so credit card details wouldn't be kept, it is impossible to remove these from my account even though that option is offered. Two phone calls and still the same

Website clunky

I was buying a subscription gift to be sent to the address of the recipient, I found the website difficult to use and suspect the gift will go the correct address, but with my name.

Find out how Magshop compares to other Online Shops

Useless! What has happened to this company?

I will no longer use this company for subscriptions. They can use the Covid excuse and Australia Post delays all they like but it doesn't wash.
I would avoid at all costs!

G07

G07Gold Coast

Rip off Merchants

Ordered in April a double subscription, never received any magazines. Told I would receive a refund, now in December NO refund received. Submitted claim to the National Tribunal so see what they can do. Do not buy from these thieves. They are stealing money from Australians and don't care.

Stephen Jones

Stephen JonesRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Very disorganised and promises which are not kept...

My wife has been getting House and Garden for over 10 years. This year since paying her subscription she has had no magazines and whilst they have promised to extend her subscription, that is useless unless you get the magazibe.

Julie

JulieWestern Australia

Shocking service

Mags coming up to a month out of date, often2 turning up at same time. No response from customer service on my second request to cancel. Promised cancellation first time but still being chatged. Auto renewal won't let you cancel.

No response

We have been emailing Magshop for over a month - the only replies we get are automated emails in response to ours. We have tried phoning on numerous occasions the 136116 number rings out. The 92828000 (if it's answered) have staff that do not know where to direct our call. If I leave a message on Joni Lauw's direct number they do not return our calls also. How do you get a response from Magshop?

Alex M.

Alex M.asked

Magshop is now part of Are Media Group, owned by Mercury Capital (as of last year due to Covid). I too am having my subscription stuffed up and Magshop not responding. I'm suggesting everyone contact either Are Media Group or Mercury Capital. Some action might then be taken.

Tanya
Tanya

Thanks Alex. I have emailed both Are Media Group and also Mercury Capital. Not sure I will get a response but I have cancelled my card and lodged a disputed transaction. Never again will I subscribe to a magazine.

Gaming with L.

Gaming with L.asked

Wen I win a free year of magazines on monopoly at Macaus it only let’s me order 1 mag

mirrabuccaasked

Hi Magshop:
I renewed my wife's subscription to Womens' Weekly in July 2020. The transaction was sucessful, but you have made TWO deductions from my credit card, one on the 15th July 202 and the other on the 16th July 2020. We only receive ONE copy. I have asked for a refund but you do not reply to my emails.
I see many other reviews from people in similar positions to mine (moneys not being refunded).
Please take this seriously! Perhaps a class action will sort it out?

Adam

Im happy to join ur class action

mirrabucca

No response from Magshop, but I DID hget a refund. No explanation, no appology, just a credit on my credit card statement.

Get an answer from our members and Magshop representatives