Listing monitored by Magshop

• Return Claim MadeYes (42) · No
Kiwigirl
KiwigirlFar North Queensland, QLD

Appalling customer service

My husband used to get Empire magazine as a gift for Christmas from our daughter. This magazine was taken out of publication. My husband was automatically sent a magazine called 'Wheels' instead, without being asked. We have been trying for 4 months to get it cancelled and receive a refund, to no avail. I am appalled by the lack of customer service. We keep being told the magazine has been cancelled, however every month a new issue turns up, but still no cheque in refund.

Great Service

HI
I had Liza help me with a new subscription to Woman's Weekly for my elderly Mum. She was super efficient and helpful and was able to assist me greatly.

Marz
MarzSouth East Queensland, QLD

Charged for cancelled subscription twice after confirmation

Ordered a gift subscription. Cancelled after recipient passed away. Confirmation of cancellation received from Magshop.
However they continued to charge for the subscription, and ignored my correspondence requests for refunds.

GeorginaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Trying to cancel subscription...terrible service

I emailed them back on 7 March 2021 asking for my subscription to be cancelled. Received an acknowledgement and given options. I explained I wanted to cancel. They are still deducting cost from my credit card in May. No response to my recent emails

Georgina

Hi Mark, this was finally actioned yesterday when I called after no further response to emails. By actioned i mean subscription now cancelled...I didn't even raise the issue of reimbursement considering how hard it was to organise cancelling it.

Dino
DinoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Don't deal with Magshop

I subscribed and paid for a Better Homes and Garden digital subscription and it was hopeless trying to access the digital version of the magazine. I sent emails of complaint to which initially received a response.
After I requested a cancellation of the subscription the customer liaison person advised that a refund would be processed. It is now 9 months since I was promised a refund and now I don't get any responses to my emails. Don't deal with them and certainly don't take out a subscription to the digital version of the magazines. I have reported the matter to the ACCC.

Bad Customer Service

I have sent many emails over the last month asking for a refund as i have not received my magazine. Finally had one email reply saying i should receive my magazine by 25th Dec. Still no magazine. Several more emails sent asking again to refund immediatley only to get the automated response saying some will be in contact within 48 hours. Every 2 days i am receiving this automated email, even though i havent sent anymore emails. Finally got hold of someone on the phone 1 week ago who promised they would refund, and yet i am still waiting. No refund has been given. This is really poor customer service. I will definitely not be using this company again.

Tanya
TanyaMid West, WA

Nil Communication, want your money only

signed up for 3 month trial. Failed to receive magazines in a timely fashion. Then they debited my credit card 2 months before trial was up and now will not return emails or phone calls. Worst ever.

mareej
mareejGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

TERRIBLE !!!!!

I bought a 6 month subscription with them for the Take 5 magazine and only received 3 months worth of magazines . I have been promised a refund for the last three months and have STILL not got it . Dont buy from them ... its a scam !!!

Vlr
VlrSydney, NSW

Thieves, one star because the f--k--- system instists!!!

I cancelled my Womens Weekly early September 2020. They then charged my account for the subscription that I had cancelled, after many weeks and much frustration they finally refunded the money. Low and be hold they have just this week charged me again for the suscription that I cancelled 8 weekes ago. Here I go again wasting hours of my day trying to obtained another refund.

They are worthy of being reported to the authorities as this is theft, plain and simple theft.

I'm at the door

I'm great knowing I'm a good person most I'm the man who I can be happy to see you soon ok please send me your address and phone number please

Jackie
Jackie

Refund ???

I have contacted you many times over the last few months regarding my refund for my now non existent ELLE magazine. Promised refund, none in the mail. Disgusting service. Do not subscribe to Magshop

Robin
RobinSydney, NSW

Appalling lack of service

Magshop applied an auto-renewal without notice, and with no ability to cancel the auto-renewal online. Further you cannot contact them on the phone number given and they do not respond to emails.

Breef
BreefSydney, NSW

Worst Company To Deal With

Without any correspondence I found out through other media sources that the magazine I subscribed to had ceased publication. 8 weeks on & countless emails & phone calls to get my refund & still nothing. Now in the hands of Fair Trading.

Total scam

Bought a magazine subscription as a gift, after 2 issues they stopped sending the magazine without any notice. Then they did everything they could to make it difficult to prove purchase. 3 months later and I'm still getting false promises of a refund in 15 working days.

gregSouth East Queensland, QLD

ok until you want to try to cancel subscription they make impossible for you .

they wont let you cancel subscription once they have your credit card . the more I read reviews I relies this company are crooks and current affairs should look into there company .

greg

looks like you wont put my review up because you use all this stalling tactics like you do with trying to cancel my subscriptions .

Wendy A.
Wendy A.asked

Can I order a Take Five & That’s Life magazine in Australia?

Mary

Hi Wendy A, I believe you can order a Take Five and That's Life magazine in Australia. To be really certain you may want to call Mag shop in Australia 13 61 16

SSson
SSsonasked

I have been a subscriber for years, your current advertising of 15%off is not true.
I have tried to get a loyalty code, yet the website keeps telling me the same subscription price. Why

Alex M.
Alex M.asked

Is anyone else in New Zealand having their weekly magazines not delivered on time or at all - New Idea, Women's Day. I've had a lot not turn up this year and some turn up 2 weeks later. My understanding is that the supermarket/dairy ones come bulk straight away, but individual subscriber editions just come with normal post, so could get held up in Australia. Not sure if true and if so, very unfair, but its kind of looking that way since mine since covid don't always arrive the same time as before covid. So I'm curious if its just me, or other NZ subscribers.

Donna
Donna

Hi Alex. I’m in Perth WA. I have recently submitted my review titled “Terrible”. Have a read of all reviews. Pretty much nothing but negativity, especially with weekly issues. Good luck.

Penny R.
Penny R.

I'm too having the same problem. And unfortunately when asked if they can re-send the missed issues, they say they don't have any or they can't send because its international. So instead they extend the subscription. Not sending one because its "international" is no different to extending the subscription, they are still posting 1 issue, makes no sense. And not having any spares in NZ to send NZ customers is odd too. There must be someone in NZ distributing them to the shops, so why can't they send one to those who haven't received theirs. Its all too time consuming and stressful having to email them all the time for missed issues and chase them up for a reply, so once my 3 have expired, I wont be renewing. I recommend while the NZ/Aussie borders are shut/flights not back to normal schedule, not to get subscriptions and to buy in your local shop, as there is no guarantee you will receive each issue.

Kristy A.
Kristy A.

Yes, I ordered the WHO back in May and have had constant issues with getting them so much so that it has not been worth this trouble and prior to them moving to mag shop they were easy to deal with and extended me out a few times but in no way I would have received 52 issues when my actual subscription runs out so def wont be renewing and will go back to buying in the shop. I believe it has been a total waste of money although at the time it seemed ideal due to breaking my ankle and lockdown> I would prefer to have had the chance to cancel it all together and get some $$$ back.

Get an answer from our members and Magshop representatives

Booktopia