Magshop (page 3 of 59)

Listing monitored by Magshop

Dino
DinoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Don't deal with Magshop

I subscribed and paid for a Better Homes and Garden digital subscription and it was hopeless trying to access the digital version of the magazine. I sent emails of complaint to which initially received a response.
After I requested a cancellation of the subscription the customer liaison person advised that a refund would be processed. It is now 9 months since I was promised a refund and now I don't get any responses to my emails. Don't deal with them and certainly don't take out a subscription to the digital version of the magazines. I have reported the matter to the ACCC.

Professional

Very professional . Easy to talk to answered my call promptly and didn’t make me feel stupid because I couldn’t change my address on line

Fixing login details

Louise was very helpful and sorted out my problems and was able to find old disused accounts for our business and consolidate them

wombling_freeSouth Australia

Do not use they take funds from your cards without autorisation then refuse to delete card details from your account.

Fine & helpful

Ire was more than helpful with my requests.
Thankyou. Ire research to find my account queries and to resolve my concerns

BazzaS
BazzaSIllawarra, NSW

Renewal mistake fixed promptly and with no hassle

I made a mistake creating a renewal. My phone call was answered promptly by Rie and she understood my mistake and fixed it in a flash. Did not get the third degree and was very understanding and supportive in transfering my subscription to an existing subscription as a renewal.

Beth G.
Beth G.Hunter Region, NSW

Magshop are convenient easy set-up subscription

Louise was ever so helpful in changing our address for our current subscription and assisting with the set-up of a gift subscription. Helpful, friendly and efficient. Thats all anyone could ask for. Thankyou

Great

Wished to change my old address for delivery of better homes and gardens magazine to my new address fo delivery.

Denise Spriggs
Denise SpriggsFar North Queensland, QLD

Loving my better homes and gardens magazine

Awesome guy very helpful and extremely pleasant easy to deal with Thank you Mike
Love receiving my better homes and gardens magazine each month

Quality Magazine and Service - Please don't change

Always enjoyed Gourmet Traveler - been subscriber since first issue when it was a travel only magazine. Needed to speak to someone to resolve a subscription query and Liza was most helpful in doing that.

Thank you to Liza she was a great help sorting out my problem. I will ring again if I have a problem knowing how helpful your staff is.

Rachel
RachelPerth, WA

Do not order

It’s been over a year and I’m still waiting for my magazines. I have sent several emails and still to this day no reply. Do not buy from this company, unless you want to give away free money

Jessica
Jessica Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

If I could give them a zero I would

Ordered a subscription to national geographic when the first installment came in December we were sent national geographic kids. Contacted mag shop to clarify that they had set up the wrong subscription to why was ordered and 5 months later we have still not received another magazine, no one gets back to us to sort this out we are constantly told someone will get back to you in 48 hours and they don’t. Today when we called once again to organise a refund as we are sick of this terrible service and no product we were told that the supervisor would call in 5 minutes...still waiting.

RahulGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Do not ever use Magshop.

Haven't received my first issues two months after placing the order. Customer Service people do not seem to care. They simple say call the publisher we cant do anything. Do not ever use Magshop.

Rahul

Its now resolved Mark. Thanks.

DJB
DJBPerth, WA

DON'T SUBSCRIBE

This company makes it impossible to cancel subscriptions.
They consistently take money from your account for renewals, even after you advise them to cancel!
If they were concerned about offering any real level of customer service they would allow you to cancel/change subscriptions online...but of course, they don't!

Find out how Magshop compares to other Book Shops

My worst experience ever in subscribing to a regular magazine

Delivery of the magazine (that is readily available from any newsagent on Mondays) never ever arrived till Wednesday at the earliest. There were times I’d receive it on Thursday or Friday and once, 2 magazines arrived together on a Wednesday- one was from the previous week. Numerous calls were made and Australia Post blamed each time even though I’ve not had any problems whatsoever receiving regular mail and parcels! Nobody seem interested in solving the problem as weeks later, the delivery delay continues. I’ve decided to cancel ongoing subscription

narrabeen
narrabeenSydney, NSW

This is a rip off

Ordered a Better homes and garden as a Christmas present. At the May edition and still no deliveries.
The contact number doesn't pick up, the email address doesn't reply. When the phone is answered (first thing in the morning) the computer system is undergoing maintenance.
I recommend not using them. I will go through the credit card and cancel.

d19378
d19378Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Pathetic service with no care for customer

I ordered a NatGeo kids magzine as a gift subscription for a child and even after 8 weeks and multiple reminders no one knows about it... They are always "looking into it". And it's so embarrassing that a little form is checking her mailbox every day to get her gift after 2 months of her birthday !!! Very disappointing and never ever going to use magshop for any subscription !!!

BEWARE SCAM

Purchased 2 subscriptions:
1 - Womans Weekly 1yr paid in full and selected auto-renewal order place june 2020
2 - National Geographic 1yr paid in full and selected auto re-newal order placed June 2020
Magshop took my money and have NOT sent any magazines. I called them and they said once they leave the warehouse they don't track the items and they have no explanation as to why the magazines have not been received.
Do not waste your money, these people are useless.

Worst service ever.

Have had constant problems logging in. The password has had to be manually reset by calling. When I log in it boots me out. Can’t download the monthly issue. Waste of money. Don’t purchase through Magshop.

John
JohnGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Don't Bother

I have given a gift subscription to Wheels magazine to my Grandson on his birthday for a number of years. Each year it seems to get harder to negotiate the website. Tried calling customer service, but the operator was almost unintelligible, and wanted to charge me $99 when the website only wanted $89. Obviously I went back to the website. And there used to be a greeting card offered for gift subscriptions, but that is now only for Christmas greetings.

Kel
KelPerth, WA

Rip offs dreadful terrible service

Paid for a subscription yet to receive anything over three months they don’t reply to emails phone calls put on waiting for ages don’t use this service

DonnaPerth, WA

Terrible

New Idea subscription was gifted to me. Bearing in mind, this is a WEEKLY issue. It is available in Supermarkets every Monday, and is actually dated a week in advance. After two phones calls (on hold for 30mins each time) to rectify delivery schedule, still not rectified. Today is 15.3.21 and I have received magazine dated March 8, 2021. Seriously???
In stores today, magazine is dated March 23, 2021. Time to cancel subscription and hopefully my Mum will get a refund.

Bernie D.
Bernie D.South East Queensland, QLD

DREADFUL SERVICE

Sent off documentation to renew subscription with payment details. Received no magazines and received no response. Attempted to communicate via internet and via telephone with equally frustrating outcomes. After a lengthy wait spoke with a female operator who (accidentally?) disconnected the call. Had to repeat the call. A frustrating experience.

Disappointed
DisappointedGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Do not order from this service

They mucked up 2 out of three orders between my sister and I. Different customer service numbers for NZ and Australia. Some orders end up direct with the magazine and you cant get hold of them, ie; NZ National Geographic. If you are making multiple orders, ensure you tick gift otherwise they just make up their own address.

Wendy A.
Wendy A.asked

Can I order a Take Five & That’s Life magazine in Australia?

Mary

Hi Wendy A, I believe you can order a Take Five and That's Life magazine in Australia. To be really certain you may want to call Mag shop in Australia 13 61 16

SSson
SSsonasked

I have been a subscriber for years, your current advertising of 15%off is not true.
I have tried to get a loyalty code, yet the website keeps telling me the same subscription price. Why

Alex M.
Alex M.asked

Is anyone else in New Zealand having their weekly magazines not delivered on time or at all - New Idea, Women's Day. I've had a lot not turn up this year and some turn up 2 weeks later. My understanding is that the supermarket/dairy ones come bulk straight away, but individual subscriber editions just come with normal post, so could get held up in Australia. Not sure if true and if so, very unfair, but its kind of looking that way since mine since covid don't always arrive the same time as before covid. So I'm curious if its just me, or other NZ subscribers.

Donna

Hi Alex. I’m in Perth WA. I have recently submitted my review titled “Terrible”. Have a read of all reviews. Pretty much nothing but negativity, especially with weekly issues. Good luck.

Penny R.
Penny R.

I'm too having the same problem. And unfortunately when asked if they can re-send the missed issues, they say they don't have any or they can't send because its international. So instead they extend the subscription. Not sending one because its "international" is no different to extending the subscription, they are still posting 1 issue, makes no sense. And not having any spares in NZ to send NZ customers is odd too. There must be someone in NZ distributing them to the shops, so why can't they send one to those who haven't received theirs. Its all too time consuming and stressful having to email them all the time for missed issues and chase them up for a reply, so once my 3 have expired, I wont be renewing. I recommend while the NZ/Aussie borders are shut/flights not back to normal schedule, not to get subscriptions and to buy in your local shop, as there is no guarantee you will receive each issue.

Kristy A.
Kristy A.

Yes, I ordered the WHO back in May and have had constant issues with getting them so much so that it has not been worth this trouble and prior to them moving to mag shop they were easy to deal with and extended me out a few times but in no way I would have received 52 issues when my actual subscription runs out so def wont be renewing and will go back to buying in the shop. I believe it has been a total waste of money although at the time it seemed ideal due to breaking my ankle and lockdown> I would prefer to have had the chance to cancel it all together and get some $$$ back.

Get an answer from our members and Magshop representatives

Booktopia