Magshop

Magshop (page 4 of 69)

Buyer Beware!!!

I bought a mag subscription for a family member 5 months ago and they still haven't received it, I followed it up with Mag Shop and they advised me I had to take it up with the magazine that I had purchased as they couldn't help. I called the magazine and they haven't received payment from Mag Shop. I called Mag Shop back and they advised I would hear from them in 5 days, it's been 6 and still waiting. This has been a HUGE waste of time and money... feeling very frustrated and disappointed.

Refund promised in June but nothing received.

******Do not subscribe*****

Seems I am yet another Magshop customer that has paid a fee for no product and cannot speak to anyone.

I paid for 6 month subscription for Good Health magazine which ceased publication, so I emailed to cancel subscription and requested a refund as I have never received a mag. 1st email stated a cheque would be 3weeks away, that was almost 3 months ago. They keep saying the support team are dealing with this.

Will contact Office of Fair trade today.

Cannot cancel subscription or delete CC details

Ordered a 6 month subscription for a colleagues present. It was auto-renewed with no email notification sent. I've tried to log in and cancel the subscription, cannot find the option. Tried to delete my credit card details, it will not allow me to do so. Cannot get hold of anyone on the phone. STAY AWAY from this company!

Al B.

Al B.Canberra 2600, ACT

Pretty Hopeless

It's unfortunate that mag shop have the monopoly on the magazine subscription market because they're very hard to deal with. Even the basics like logging in are made difficult - I've had to create multiple accounts just to keep renewing a gift subscription, as the details of previous orders are always missing and my account becomes locked just trying to check out.
Every time I purchase a subscription as a gift I struggle to use their greeting card feature, it just never seems to work.
It's very frustrating dealing with mag shop, if anyone wants to start up a competing business, I'll happily buy off you instead.

Breef

BreefSydney, NSW

Worst Company To Deal With

Without any correspondence I found out through other media sources that the magazine I subscribed to had ceased publication. 8 weeks on & countless emails & phone calls to get my refund & still nothing. Now in the hands of Fair Trading.

Poor service

On trying to renew my membership online I was unable to re-register as required as magshop was experiencing difficulties!! So I rang and ended up hanging up as they were experiencing longer than normal delays and advised me to renew online!!!

Nicole

NicolePerth, WA

Avoid at all costs -

Have been promising me a refund since June and I have received nothing. They even had the nerve to tell Consumer Affairs that there was “technical issues” in issuing refund cheque’s.... unbelievable. I purchased a magazine subscription for my mum to Good Health magazine in April. Nothing arrived and after many emails later (they haven’t answered their phone in months) I find the magazine has been cancelled. They never even bothered to tell me. Now they seem to think they can just hold onto your money and hide behind excuses such as “technical reasons” and COVID-19.

Baligirl

BaligirlSouth East Queensland, QLD

Appalling Delivery

I ordered the TV Week to be delivered during lock-down. Ironically the best delivery service that I received was during lock-down. I understand that most magazines can be read a little later than when published but I consistently receive the TV guide with only 2 days left on it. I don't understand how it can be in the shops on a Monday but takes a further 8-9 days to be delivered to me. A 7 day TV guide is useless if I only have 2 days to use the TV guide.

Cathy

CathyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Do not buy a subscription through this company

Ordered a subscription 4 months ago and have still not received. When I contacted Magshop they said I had to call the publisher. They insist they never got the order from Magshop. Then spent ages filling out a form with them to investigate and was told someone would contact me within 2 weeks. Never happened. I can kiss that money goodbye and have to buy my sister another birthday present. Absolutely appalling

Virginia

Virginia

Appalling service

Terrible Service

One of the worst companies to deal with, zero human interface, and cannot reply to any emails correctly. The website is terrible for everything, you cant take money and supply goods.

Terrible Service - can't stop Renewal or delete my Credit Card

Have tried contacting them - very difficult - I don't want to renew my Money mag subscription and want my credit card details removed - can't do either! When they eventually got back to me they said their web site had problems they were trying to fix to allow the user to adjust the auto renewal and delete credit card details. Surely they are breaking Trade Practices laws. It's a shame because Money mag is a good mag. Plan to contact the editors to let them know what's going on.

Problematic

Extremely frustrating to deal with. Ordered 5 subscriptions as gifts and only 2 have been correct. 2 others have not shown up at addresses yet the mags are on sale in newsagents and were ordered mid June, now mid August. Trying to get service via repeated email is a waste of time. Still nothing happens. Also my own subscription was discontinued due to covid, no rebate or even a mention of sending a similar mag in it's place. Definitely poor service and do not use. Money taken quickly, service disgusting.

Awful service - automatically renewed and no way to remove your credit card details. Do not buy from them.

I had no way to remove my credit card details from their site, you can’t speak to them and I have been waiting for 3 mths for a refund! They have consistently lied about proceeding a refund. DO NOT BUY from this company.

Unhappy customer 237

Unhappy customer 237AU

Nightmare! Took my money, delivered nothing and wouldn't refund

I paid Magshop for an annual subscription over 3 months ago (a lot of money to lose in a recession). Not a single magazine was delivered (they're weekly) and I've now spent a week trying to get a refund to no avail. Over an hour on the phone Monday, the promise of a callback that has never happened and also hopeless non-responses via email 'support' simply telling me to call the very same support people who wouldn't help or call me back. Magshop contracts with the customer and takes the payment (they're recorded on my credit card statement) but when you contact 'support' they tell you it's 'not their problem' because it's a different publisher who posts it out. Now going to try my luck with the bank's fraud department.

John

John

For your own sake, do not take out a subscription!

I paid for a subscription to Suguru puzzle mag on 2 April and waited...and waited for first issue, but didn't arrive. Had email discussion, received promises, but still didn't come. I cancelled my subscription on 2 June and was told I would receive a cheque in a maximum of 3 weeks. In spite of several requests for the refund, and a couple of emails telling me I would get a response in 3-5 business days, here I am on 27 July (almost 4 months) with no mag and no puzzle books. I'm thinking I probably won't see my mag or refund so please don't put yourself in the same position. I am going to investigate what legal recourse we have available through the ACCC or QCAT.

Peter B

Peter BCanberra 2600, ACT

The worst website (and company) I have ever dealt with!! By far!!!

Without doubt, the worst website, most unuser friendly website, I have ever come across. Impossible to change shipping address without the billing address being affected. It is also super slow!! I have absolutely no faith that my daughter will receive her subscription. Never again!!!!

NO PEOPLE AND WEB SITE USELESS

Tried to renew subscriptions, change address and delete a credit card. Triple fail. The magazine business is in free fall. I will be emailing the editors. I can't believe that there has been no response to an email to Magshop almost a week ago. What have they done with their people?

LJM

LJM

Subscription never received

Purchased Mens Health subscription in January 2020 for my son. Not one issue received! Went to the website which states the magazine has been suspended due to COVID 19 since May. This does not account for the Feb to April issues my son never saw! Cannot contact them by phone and emails go unanswered. Not happy that my money has been taken with nothing in return, no contact and lame excuses on the website.

Incompetent and unaccountable

Ordered and paid for a magazine subscription for my mum For Mother’s Day in April this year. It’s now the end of July and it still hasn’t arrived. When I complained they said it wasn’t their job to sort it out.

Alex M.

Alex M.asked

Magshop is now part of Are Media Group, owned by Mercury Capital (as of last year due to Covid). I too am having my subscription stuffed up and Magshop not responding. I'm suggesting everyone contact either Are Media Group or Mercury Capital. Some action might then be taken.

Tanya
Tanya

Thanks Alex. I have emailed both Are Media Group and also Mercury Capital. Not sure I will get a response but I have cancelled my card and lodged a disputed transaction. Never again will I subscribe to a magazine.

Gaming with L.

Gaming with L.asked

Wen I win a free year of magazines on monopoly at Macaus it only let’s me order 1 mag

mirrabuccaasked

Hi Magshop:
I renewed my wife's subscription to Womens' Weekly in July 2020. The transaction was sucessful, but you have made TWO deductions from my credit card, one on the 15th July 202 and the other on the 16th July 2020. We only receive ONE copy. I have asked for a refund but you do not reply to my emails.
I see many other reviews from people in similar positions to mine (moneys not being refunded).
Please take this seriously! Perhaps a class action will sort it out?

Adam
Adam

Im happy to join ur class action

mirrabucca

No response from Magshop, but I DID hget a refund. No explanation, no appology, just a credit on my credit card statement.

Get an answer from our members and Magshop representatives