Magshop

Listing monitored by Magshop

Shelagh B
Shelagh BWestern Australia

A very bad experience.

I subscribe to BH&G and took a short subscription offer to another magazine. I had a very bad experience with the inefficiency of the office when I tried to cancel. I had first tried to cancel in December, when I had just received the first issue, and it has taken many emails to finally get it done, after a further subscription at the full price was charged to my credit card. It appears now that I will get very little of my money back. It has been a very frustrating experience.

Essential reading for fine food lovers.

Sublime food photography and finely crafted articles from a wide range of excellent chefs. We are longtime subscribers to this amazing publication and will continue to subscribe.

Unable to cancel subscription

Unfortunately we were unable to contact them via email or phone. Would recommend calling ARE Media who are a parent company, who have contacted on my behalf.

Ross Lapham
Ross LaphamSydney, NSW

Terrible service

They take your money but there is no service

Tried cancelling my auto renewal but you can’t cancel your credit card number online whilst the subscription is active (even though the subscription is paid for in advance) Emails never get answered and when phoning in, you are on hold for ever. Finally after holding on for 59 minutes this morning the call got disconnected. So I rang back and pressed “1” for purchase new subscription and they answer immediately! No loyalty for existing customers. If you wish to get in touch with them just pretend you are a new customer and they will provide instant service!

No response to emails

I have sent several emails over the last 2 months to try to cancel the auto-renewal but have yet to receive a reply. Seems like they are ignoring the email so they can continue to renew my subscription without my authorisation

JTOSTO/LISA BATES
JTOSTO/LISA BATESGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Disgusting

totally fed up with trying to ring. Have requested call back but at 9.45 in the night!!! Come on magshop something wrong not 9.45 at night ll one want to know is where to access their subscription on line and not wait hours to talk to someone. Totally disgusted and will definitely advise all about your LACK of help

JanelleB
JanelleBSouth East Queensland, QLD

Ripped off

Signed up to BHG and cannot access. I’ve reset the password and still no luck. Never again... the ATO is easy to deal with compared to this lot.

not happy kambrook
not happy kambrookMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Disappointing

Ordered a 12 issue subscription 21st November its now the 8th feb and have only received 1 issue. Have attempted to phone for 3 days effectively waiting over 6 hrs on hold never to be able to speak to a single person. Have just emailed, hoping that will get a quicker response. Never again.

Emma W
Emma WHunter Region, NSW

Worst Customer Service Ever

Tried calling several times, ridiculous wait time for this day and age. No one ever calls back. Keep getting automatically charged for a magazine I no longer want, and one was a gift subscriptions (lucky friend). I have no other choice to wait for my keycard to expire in May so they can no longer charge me. This will be quicker than the customer service. Will not renew any more magazines. Please do not subscribe through MAGSHOP!!

Judy
JudySouth East Queensland, QLD

Horrible Service

Magshop is a joke. I subscribed one year's Family Circle. I only received two magazines so far. Every time when I email them, they only send me automatic reply that there is a delay with Australia Post. I don't care which courier service they use or whatever excuses they have. I only want to receive my magazines. When I call them, I am put on hold for more than 30 mins. I feel this company is a scam!

AmyS
AmyS

Very poor customer service

Hopeless customer service

Email said I would be contacted with in 5 days . Not good enough. Phone was 20 mins minimum wait . When purchasing I’m told every time my password is incorrect. I reset only to be told that is incorrect not happy

Lucinda T.
Lucinda T.

Don’t bother pathetic service

No customer service what so ever ,no response to my emails and wait time on a call is up to an hour, pathetic!

Disgraceful

Dreadful customer service - no acknowledgement, no return contact. They have suspended my 12 month subscription, that I have paid for upfront, in error and I can't even get someone to call me or email back. I have three magazine subscriptions through this lot. When they all finish I'd rather buy them at the supermarket. Warning: don't subscribe through Magshop.

Ali
Ali

Don't Bother

I won a 12 month online subscription for Magshop and I'm still waiting for their app to work and for their customer service to respond to my emails with an actual solution. They're such a scam.

Bad Customer Service

I have sent many emails over the last month asking for a refund as i have not received my magazine. Finally had one email reply saying i should receive my magazine by 25th Dec. Still no magazine. Several more emails sent asking again to refund immediatley only to get the automated response saying some will be in contact within 48 hours. Every 2 days i am receiving this automated email, even though i havent sent anymore emails. Finally got hold of someone on the phone 1 week ago who promised they would refund, and yet i am still waiting. No refund has been given. This is really poor customer service. I will definitely not be using this company again.

No customer service available

Magshop are ripping people off

I cancelled my subscription and direct debit in May but Magshop kept sending magazines then debited my account. Magazines finally stopped but they haven’t refunded charges and don’t respond with anything other than apologies saying someone will get back to me and then doesn’t. DO NOT set up direct debits with this company as they cannot be trusted.

Claudia
ClaudiaSydney, NSW

No incentive to renew for longer period

weird pricing! $59.99 if you do 12 months and auto renewal but if you commit upfront to 2 years it's more expensive! $129.99 = $65 x2 which is the same price as if you do 1 year at a time. what's the incentive?!

Tanya
TanyaMid West, WA

Nil Communication, want your money only

signed up for 3 month trial. Failed to receive magazines in a timely fashion. Then they debited my credit card 2 months before trial was up and now will not return emails or phone calls. Worst ever.

Kat
KatGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Poor customer service!

In May last year I requested my subscription be suspended. Since then Magshop has continued to charge my credit card every month and send me a magazine I no longer wish to receive. I have emailed them twice since May and no one has returned the email or contacted me and I have tried calling only to be kept in a long waiting queue. After 13 mins I was given the option of a callback which failed to accept my number and then disconnected me. Very frustrating and quite frankly unacceptable customer service.

Frustrated
FrustratedGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

POOR SERVICE

Terrible customer service - item sent to wrong address no attempt to correct error they do not answer phones and there is no response to emails - will not use again

Awful service on many levels

So many magazines not received at all and bad customer service, I cant even cancel my subscription due to this as I am paying for issues not received since 18th May and before they changed to the magshop they extended my subs but since then it seems to have gone awol. Pretty much over this

Rita WEI
Rita WEIGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible experience on Magshop

I looked at the subscription of Money Magazine via Magshop, the amount was 74.99$, I'd like to have it as X-mas's gift, so then my brother offered me a gift voucher at 75$.
I tried to use it when I subscribed, but I couldn't use the voucher, the price of subscription has been changed. The customer service is impossible to get contact, no respond to emails.
I won't recommend you this company, avoid magshop.

Wendy A.
Wendy A.asked

Can I order a Take Five & That’s Life magazine in Australia?

Mary

Hi Wendy A, I believe you can order a Take Five and That's Life magazine in Australia. To be really certain you may want to call Mag shop in Australia 13 61 16

SSson
SSsonasked

I have been a subscriber for years, your current advertising of 15%off is not true.
I have tried to get a loyalty code, yet the website keeps telling me the same subscription price. Why

Alex M.
Alex M.asked

Is anyone else in New Zealand having their weekly magazines not delivered on time or at all - New Idea, Women's Day. I've had a lot not turn up this year and some turn up 2 weeks later. My understanding is that the supermarket/dairy ones come bulk straight away, but individual subscriber editions just come with normal post, so could get held up in Australia. Not sure if true and if so, very unfair, but its kind of looking that way since mine since covid don't always arrive the same time as before covid. So I'm curious if its just me, or other NZ subscribers.

Donna
Donna

Hi Alex. I’m in Perth WA. I have recently submitted my review titled “Terrible”. Have a read of all reviews. Pretty much nothing but negativity, especially with weekly issues. Good luck.

Penny R.
Penny R.

I'm too having the same problem. And unfortunately when asked if they can re-send the missed issues, they say they don't have any or they can't send because its international. So instead they extend the subscription. Not sending one because its "international" is no different to extending the subscription, they are still posting 1 issue, makes no sense. And not having any spares in NZ to send NZ customers is odd too. There must be someone in NZ distributing them to the shops, so why can't they send one to those who haven't received theirs. Its all too time consuming and stressful having to email them all the time for missed issues and chase them up for a reply, so once my 3 have expired, I wont be renewing. I recommend while the NZ/Aussie borders are shut/flights not back to normal schedule, not to get subscriptions and to buy in your local shop, as there is no guarantee you will receive each issue.

Kristy A.
Kristy A.

Yes, I ordered the WHO back in May and have had constant issues with getting them so much so that it has not been worth this trouble and prior to them moving to mag shop they were easy to deal with and extended me out a few times but in no way I would have received 52 issues when my actual subscription runs out so def wont be renewing and will go back to buying in the shop. I believe it has been a total waste of money although at the time it seemed ideal due to breaking my ankle and lockdown> I would prefer to have had the chance to cancel it all together and get some $$$ back.

Get an answer from our members and Magshop representatives

Booktopia