Listing monitored by Magshop

Kiwigirl
KiwigirlFar North Queensland, QLD

Appalling customer service

My husband used to get Empire magazine as a gift for Christmas from our daughter. This magazine was taken out of publication. My husband was automatically sent a magazine called 'Wheels' instead, without being asked. We have been trying for 4 months to get it cancelled and receive a refund, to no avail. I am appalled by the lack of customer service. We keep being told the magazine has been cancelled, however every month a new issue turns up, but still no cheque in refund.

AnnaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Charges for mags not provided

this company continues to charge you after you have discontinued the subscription or chosen not to renew your subscription. Then they ignore any any attempted communication. Absolutely no response from customer service. Be very careful when setting up a direct debit for a subscription.

Anna

Client ID provided in an email to magshop and also to escalations.

Terrible Service

I ordered a subscription as a gift last November and here we are in July and still not ONE copy of the magazine has been received. I contacted Magshop and they advised I needed to contact the publisher of the magazine directly even though they processed the order and took payment. I reached out to the publisher numerous times with no luck. I have tried contacting Magshop again and they are of no help. TERRIBLE SERVICE - happy to take your money and no goods received!! Don't use this company

Marz
MarzSouth East Queensland, QLD

Charged for cancelled subscription twice after confirmation

Ordered a gift subscription. Cancelled after recipient passed away. Confirmation of cancellation received from Magshop.
However they continued to charge for the subscription, and ignored my correspondence requests for refunds.

GeorginaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Trying to cancel subscription...terrible service

I emailed them back on 7 March 2021 asking for my subscription to be cancelled. Received an acknowledgement and given options. I explained I wanted to cancel. They are still deducting cost from my credit card in May. No response to my recent emails

Georgina

Hi Mark, this was finally actioned yesterday when I called after no further response to emails. By actioned i mean subscription now cancelled...I didn't even raise the issue of reimbursement considering how hard it was to organise cancelling it.

Daniel
DanielGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible customer service. Get your subscription somewhere else

Kunshu
KunshuGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Slower than a snail.

Since September I've been waiting on MagShop to honour a subscription won through McDonald's monopoly game. On average, it takes them a month to respond. A month. Unacceptable even if it is "free."

Even after all this time I still have not received the subscription. A joke of customer service. Just deal with the magazines directly and save yourself the time and hassle.

Dino
DinoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Don't deal with Magshop

I subscribed and paid for a Better Homes and Garden digital subscription and it was hopeless trying to access the digital version of the magazine. I sent emails of complaint to which initially received a response.
After I requested a cancellation of the subscription the customer liaison person advised that a refund would be processed. It is now 9 months since I was promised a refund and now I don't get any responses to my emails. Don't deal with them and certainly don't take out a subscription to the digital version of the magazines. I have reported the matter to the ACCC.

wombling_freeSouth Australia

Do not use they take funds from your cards without autorisation then refuse to delete card details from your account.

Rachel
RachelPerth, WA

Do not order

It’s been over a year and I’m still waiting for my magazines. I have sent several emails and still to this day no reply. Do not buy from this company, unless you want to give away free money

Jessica
Jessica Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

If I could give them a zero I would

Ordered a subscription to national geographic when the first installment came in December we were sent national geographic kids. Contacted mag shop to clarify that they had set up the wrong subscription to why was ordered and 5 months later we have still not received another magazine, no one gets back to us to sort this out we are constantly told someone will get back to you in 48 hours and they don’t. Today when we called once again to organise a refund as we are sick of this terrible service and no product we were told that the supervisor would call in 5 minutes...still waiting.

RahulGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Do not ever use Magshop.

Haven't received my first issues two months after placing the order. Customer Service people do not seem to care. They simple say call the publisher we cant do anything. Do not ever use Magshop.

Rahul

Its now resolved Mark. Thanks.

DJB
DJBPerth, WA

DON'T SUBSCRIBE

This company makes it impossible to cancel subscriptions.
They consistently take money from your account for renewals, even after you advise them to cancel!
If they were concerned about offering any real level of customer service they would allow you to cancel/change subscriptions online...but of course, they don't!

MagShopMagshop

My worst experience ever in subscribing to a regular magazine

Delivery of the magazine (that is readily available from any newsagent on Mondays) never ever arrived till Wednesday at the earliest. There were times I’d receive it on Thursday or Friday and once, 2 magazines arrived together on a Wednesday- one was from the previous week. Numerous calls were made and Australia Post blamed each time even though I’ve not had any problems whatsoever receiving regular mail and parcels! Nobody seem interested in solving the problem as weeks later, the delivery delay continues. I’ve decided to cancel ongoing subscription

narrabeen
narrabeenSydney, NSW

This is a rip off

Ordered a Better homes and garden as a Christmas present. At the May edition and still no deliveries.
The contact number doesn't pick up, the email address doesn't reply. When the phone is answered (first thing in the morning) the computer system is undergoing maintenance.
I recommend not using them. I will go through the credit card and cancel.

Wendy A.
Wendy A.asked

Can I order a Take Five & That’s Life magazine in Australia?

Mary

Hi Wendy A, I believe you can order a Take Five and That's Life magazine in Australia. To be really certain you may want to call Mag shop in Australia 13 61 16

SSson
SSsonasked

I have been a subscriber for years, your current advertising of 15%off is not true.
I have tried to get a loyalty code, yet the website keeps telling me the same subscription price. Why

Alex M.
Alex M.asked

Is anyone else in New Zealand having their weekly magazines not delivered on time or at all - New Idea, Women's Day. I've had a lot not turn up this year and some turn up 2 weeks later. My understanding is that the supermarket/dairy ones come bulk straight away, but individual subscriber editions just come with normal post, so could get held up in Australia. Not sure if true and if so, very unfair, but its kind of looking that way since mine since covid don't always arrive the same time as before covid. So I'm curious if its just me, or other NZ subscribers.

Donna
Donna

Hi Alex. I’m in Perth WA. I have recently submitted my review titled “Terrible”. Have a read of all reviews. Pretty much nothing but negativity, especially with weekly issues. Good luck.

Penny R.
Penny R.

I'm too having the same problem. And unfortunately when asked if they can re-send the missed issues, they say they don't have any or they can't send because its international. So instead they extend the subscription. Not sending one because its "international" is no different to extending the subscription, they are still posting 1 issue, makes no sense. And not having any spares in NZ to send NZ customers is odd too. There must be someone in NZ distributing them to the shops, so why can't they send one to those who haven't received theirs. Its all too time consuming and stressful having to email them all the time for missed issues and chase them up for a reply, so once my 3 have expired, I wont be renewing. I recommend while the NZ/Aussie borders are shut/flights not back to normal schedule, not to get subscriptions and to buy in your local shop, as there is no guarantee you will receive each issue.

Kristy A.
Kristy A.

Yes, I ordered the WHO back in May and have had constant issues with getting them so much so that it has not been worth this trouble and prior to them moving to mag shop they were easy to deal with and extended me out a few times but in no way I would have received 52 issues when my actual subscription runs out so def wont be renewing and will go back to buying in the shop. I believe it has been a total waste of money although at the time it seemed ideal due to breaking my ankle and lockdown> I would prefer to have had the chance to cancel it all together and get some $$$ back.

Get an answer from our members and Magshop representatives

Booktopia