Listing monitored by Magshop

Lynda H
Lynda HPeel, WA

First delivery of New Idea today, last weeks issue

My neighbour ordered Woman's Day and I ordered New Idea, both receipted for on July 2nd. My neighbour got her "free gift" today, but no first magazine yet. I got my free gift 10 days ago. As stated above, today (Sunday) I received my first magazine, last weeks issue.

KJW
KJWperth

not happy

i just bought a subscription to Gourmet Traveller for my cousin but I couldn't make the system put her name in the shipping address as it insisted on putting my name. there was no information as to when the subscription would start. i think they could do better than this.

Sharyn
SharynPerth, WA

Password annoyance

I wanted to renew for 12 months. Went in to do the deal on-line. I put in my password, which I knew and had record of so it was the right password, nevertheless the password was incorrect. So I went through the arduous task of resetting the password. Put the new one in and it still would not accept it. It said to call customer service - here we go. Annoyed, frustrated and wasting my time. I only get these for my elderly mother in law, I would never use this company let alone read the trash that they sell.

Al B.
Al B.Canberra 2600, ACT

Pretty Hopeless

It's unfortunate that mag shop have the monopoly on the magazine subscription market because they're very hard to deal with. Even the basics like logging in are made difficult - I've had to create multiple accounts just to keep renewing a gift subscription, as the details of previous orders are always missing and my account becomes locked just trying to check out.
Every time I purchase a subscription as a gift I struggle to use their greeting card feature, it just never seems to work.
It's very frustrating dealing with mag shop, if anyone wants to start up a competing business, I'll happily buy off you instead.

Call Centre

Unfortunately I just could not understand the accent when I phoned regarding my auto renewal. I was offered an up sell, but gave up trying to understand what was being offered so just said no.

aggie
aggiecanberra

Subscribe and wait almost three months for magazine to arrive.

I have subscribed to Country Style since the first issue, which is probably for twenty years or more. I let my renewal lapse by a few months and then renewed on mags on line. People need to know it can takes months before you receive the magazine.
I renewed on 20th August and was told today after not receiving my magazine that my next magazine will be in November.
I cancelled my subscription after all these years. Back issues not offered.

Dr PeteSydney

Moved my subscription to another provider and then refused to give me any information

I subscribed to two magazines (TechLife and Playstation) which Magshop then handed over to another company to manage the subscriptions. It seems the info about expiry dates they provided to the other company was incorrect (a couple of months short of the actual expiry - I'm guessing they gave the date I last paid, rather than the date of the magazine expiry). However Magshop refuses to provide any information or support to correct the problem with the new subscription manager.

Disappointing subscription

I subscribed to the Womans Weekly on 10/4/18 as a present for my mother as a gift for her thinking as I ordered it 1 month before I didn’t think there would be a problem but Mother’s day came and went and still no delivery. I emailed them for them to only say your subscription will start in June. They advertise these promotions and still can’t fulfill the order I have 3 subscription with them so will certainly be rethinking when they come up for renewal. Not happy.

Timbob
TimbobGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Another rolling stone subscriber ripped off

Was no informed by magshop that rolling stone mag had ceased, i rang them but was given some company called dvt with only a phone number re a possible refund, was going for five more issues of rolling stone mag wont be getting that now, rang dvt left message and no call back, im expecting nil refund and no more help from magshop to be blunt id say ripped off

Rip off

What a rip off. A subscription means that it can take 7 days after the release before it is delivered to you. Just buy it youself from whatever outlet has it first. Lesson learned.

JBAD
JBADClaremont Meadows

Renewing Subscription

It is more expensive to renew subscription than it is to take out a new one ! Ridiculous. Should be rewarded as a loyal customer.

Lis
Lis

Stay away from them! automatic renewal a joke

I bought a 3month mag subscription for a gift at the start of the year. It was only recently I got a notice saying I had a fee for not enough money in my bank account for direct debit! This is an account I use rarely and just has a little money in it for online buying, so was confused as I hadn't purchased anything. Upon further investigation Magshop had been automatic renewing this subscription every few months or so. As it was a gift I was unaware it was continuing and also because it wasn't a everyday account. Buyer beware, that they automatically click the box for automatic renewal

Subscription

Magshop would not honour my gift voucher which had just expired. After 2 requests for special consideration they still refused any assistance and lost a customer of many years. That's the last money they'll ever get from me.

olivia
oliviaSydney

eVoucher

the fact that you are unable to use a gift voucher on bundle packages is appauling. A gift voucher is a $ value and should be able to be used on any magshop magazine offer. I was very upset to find out that I was not able to make the most out of the voucher, I feel like I have been ripped off, especially since I would have been adding my own money to the voucher to make up the difference. when I called the call centre they stated that there was nothing that could be done and that vouchers can only be used on magazines without bonus offers

theastronaut
theastronautGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not good enough

I ordered a subscription to National Geographic in Early Obctober, the website notifying me that I should allow up to 8 weeks for delivery. Now mid-December, I still have not received an issue. The Magshop replied promptly to my email, asking me to call National Geographic directly. After calling them, they told me that they did not receive my order until the end of October and that now my first issue will arrive by the third week of January. They also told me it typically takes up to a month for them to receive orders from these types of shops. My advice would be where possible, order from the magazine directly or else allow over 3 months for delivery.

Wendy A.
Wendy A.asked

Can I order a Take Five & That’s Life magazine in Australia?

Mary

Hi Wendy A, I believe you can order a Take Five and That's Life magazine in Australia. To be really certain you may want to call Mag shop in Australia 13 61 16

SSson
SSsonasked

I have been a subscriber for years, your current advertising of 15%off is not true.
I have tried to get a loyalty code, yet the website keeps telling me the same subscription price. Why

Alex M.
Alex M.asked

Is anyone else in New Zealand having their weekly magazines not delivered on time or at all - New Idea, Women's Day. I've had a lot not turn up this year and some turn up 2 weeks later. My understanding is that the supermarket/dairy ones come bulk straight away, but individual subscriber editions just come with normal post, so could get held up in Australia. Not sure if true and if so, very unfair, but its kind of looking that way since mine since covid don't always arrive the same time as before covid. So I'm curious if its just me, or other NZ subscribers.

Donna
Donna

Hi Alex. I’m in Perth WA. I have recently submitted my review titled “Terrible”. Have a read of all reviews. Pretty much nothing but negativity, especially with weekly issues. Good luck.

Penny R.
Penny R.

I'm too having the same problem. And unfortunately when asked if they can re-send the missed issues, they say they don't have any or they can't send because its international. So instead they extend the subscription. Not sending one because its "international" is no different to extending the subscription, they are still posting 1 issue, makes no sense. And not having any spares in NZ to send NZ customers is odd too. There must be someone in NZ distributing them to the shops, so why can't they send one to those who haven't received theirs. Its all too time consuming and stressful having to email them all the time for missed issues and chase them up for a reply, so once my 3 have expired, I wont be renewing. I recommend while the NZ/Aussie borders are shut/flights not back to normal schedule, not to get subscriptions and to buy in your local shop, as there is no guarantee you will receive each issue.

Kristy A.
Kristy A.

Yes, I ordered the WHO back in May and have had constant issues with getting them so much so that it has not been worth this trouble and prior to them moving to mag shop they were easy to deal with and extended me out a few times but in no way I would have received 52 issues when my actual subscription runs out so def wont be renewing and will go back to buying in the shop. I believe it has been a total waste of money although at the time it seemed ideal due to breaking my ankle and lockdown> I would prefer to have had the chance to cancel it all together and get some $$$ back.

Get an answer from our members and Magshop representatives

Booktopia