KJW

KJWperth

not happy

i just bought a subscription to Gourmet Traveller for my cousin but I couldn't make the system put her name in the shipping address as it insisted on putting my name. there was no information as to when the subscription would start. i think they could do better than this.

Sharyn

SharynPerth, WA

Password annoyance

I wanted to renew for 12 months. Went in to do the deal on-line. I put in my password, which I knew and had record of so it was the right password, nevertheless the password was incorrect. So I went through the arduous task of resetting the password. Put the new one in and it still would not accept it. It said to call customer service - here we go. Annoyed, frustrated and wasting my time. I only get these for my elderly mother in law, I would never use this company let alone read the trash that they sell.

Al B.

Al B.Canberra 2600, ACT

Pretty Hopeless

It's unfortunate that mag shop have the monopoly on the magazine subscription market because they're very hard to deal with. Even the basics like logging in are made difficult - I've had to create multiple accounts just to keep renewing a gift subscription, as the details of previous orders are always missing and my account becomes locked just trying to check out.
Every time I purchase a subscription as a gift I struggle to use their greeting card feature, it just never seems to work.
It's very frustrating dealing with mag shop, if anyone wants to start up a competing business, I'll happily buy off you instead.

Call Centre

Unfortunately I just could not understand the accent when I phoned regarding my auto renewal. I was offered an up sell, but gave up trying to understand what was being offered so just said no.

aggie

aggiecanberra

Subscribe and wait almost three months for magazine to arrive.

I have subscribed to Country Style since the first issue, which is probably for twenty years or more. I let my renewal lapse by a few months and then renewed on mags on line. People need to know it can takes months before you receive the magazine.
I renewed on 20th August and was told today after not receiving my magazine that my next magazine will be in November.
I cancelled my subscription after all these years. Back issues not offered.

Dr PeteSydney

Moved my subscription to another provider and then refused to give me any information

I subscribed to two magazines (TechLife and Playstation) which Magshop then handed over to another company to manage the subscriptions. It seems the info about expiry dates they provided to the other company was incorrect (a couple of months short of the actual expiry - I'm guessing they gave the date I last paid, rather than the date of the magazine expiry). However Magshop refuses to provide any information or support to correct the problem with the new subscription manager.

Disappointing subscription

I subscribed to the Womans Weekly on 10/4/18 as a present for my mother as a gift for her thinking as I ordered it 1 month before I didn’t think there would be a problem but Mother’s day came and went and still no delivery. I emailed them for them to only say your subscription will start in June. They advertise these promotions and still can’t fulfill the order I have 3 subscription with them so will certainly be rethinking when they come up for renewal. Not happy.

Timbob

TimbobGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Another rolling stone subscriber ripped off

Was no informed by magshop that rolling stone mag had ceased, i rang them but was given some company called dvt with only a phone number re a possible refund, was going for five more issues of rolling stone mag wont be getting that now, rang dvt left message and no call back, im expecting nil refund and no more help from magshop to be blunt id say ripped off

Rip off

What a rip off. A subscription means that it can take 7 days after the release before it is delivered to you. Just buy it youself from whatever outlet has it first. Lesson learned.

JBAD

JBADClaremont Meadows

Renewing Subscription

It is more expensive to renew subscription than it is to take out a new one ! Ridiculous. Should be rewarded as a loyal customer.

Lis

Lis

Stay away from them! automatic renewal a joke

I bought a 3month mag subscription for a gift at the start of the year. It was only recently I got a notice saying I had a fee for not enough money in my bank account for direct debit! This is an account I use rarely and just has a little money in it for online buying, so was confused as I hadn't purchased anything. Upon further investigation Magshop had been automatic renewing this subscription every few months or so. As it was a gift I was unaware it was continuing and also because it wasn't a everyday account. Buyer beware, that they automatically click the box for automatic renewal

Subscription

Magshop would not honour my gift voucher which had just expired. After 2 requests for special consideration they still refused any assistance and lost a customer of many years. That's the last money they'll ever get from me.

olivia

oliviaSydney

eVoucher

the fact that you are unable to use a gift voucher on bundle packages is appauling. A gift voucher is a $ value and should be able to be used on any magshop magazine offer. I was very upset to find out that I was not able to make the most out of the voucher, I feel like I have been ripped off, especially since I would have been adding my own money to the voucher to make up the difference. when I called the call centre they stated that there was nothing that could be done and that vouchers can only be used on magazines without bonus offers

theastronaut

theastronautGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not good enough

I ordered a subscription to National Geographic in Early Obctober, the website notifying me that I should allow up to 8 weeks for delivery. Now mid-December, I still have not received an issue. The Magshop replied promptly to my email, asking me to call National Geographic directly. After calling them, they told me that they did not receive my order until the end of October and that now my first issue will arrive by the third week of January. They also told me it typically takes up to a month for them to receive orders from these types of shops. My advice would be where possible, order from the magazine directly or else allow over 3 months for delivery.

No response to email

Emailed magshop in regards to a magazine that arrived water damaged (no it hadnt been raining and the magazine was in its plastic). I got the automatic reply stating that someone would contact me within 3-4 business days (really - thats terrible for this day and age!). It has been 10 days and no contact. Being a childs magazine subscription I went and bought another copy from the store as I felt sorry for him because he looks forward to his magazine once a month. Wont be getting subscriptions again, might as well just buy them from the shop and I wont be renewing our business subscriptions to other magazines either.

lack of customer service. not reliable

Gaming with L.

Gaming with L.asked

Wen I win a free year of magazines on monopoly at Macaus it only let’s me order 1 mag

mirrabuccaasked

Hi Magshop:
I renewed my wife's subscription to Womens' Weekly in July 2020. The transaction was sucessful, but you have made TWO deductions from my credit card, one on the 15th July 202 and the other on the 16th July 2020. We only receive ONE copy. I have asked for a refund but you do not reply to my emails.
I see many other reviews from people in similar positions to mine (moneys not being refunded).
Please take this seriously! Perhaps a class action will sort it out?

Adam
Adam

Im happy to join ur class action

mirrabucca

No response from Magshop, but I DID hget a refund. No explanation, no appology, just a credit on my credit card statement.

Nancyasked

I paid $73 on 31/07/2020 for the Australian Women's Weekly receipt number 1892068 end date is 31/7/2021
so far I have nothing. This is a poor arrangement as you have my money so where is my Magazine?
Nancy Boundy. 208 B Beach Road, Kaikoura. NZ

Nancy

I am entitled to an answer!

Sheryl Rattigan
Sheryl Rattigan

Good luck Nancy. I have been trying since May to get a refund for a subscription to a magazine they cancelled a month after taking my money! They are a company of thieves and I think all the people who have done reviews this year should join together to make a claim against them to the Small Claims Tribunal.

Nancy

I have had no answer to their theft of my $73. Being a pensioner that money meant a lot to me.

Get an answer from our members and Magshop representatives