Listing monitored by Magshop

Robyn
Robyn Hunter Region, NSW

Disappointing

I spoke with one of your telephone contacts today and I’m sorry I did not catch her name. She tried to be very helpful but her accent was difficult and I didn’t think she really understood by problem. She did however renew one of my gift subscriptions to Better Homes and Gardens and hopefully put the other two onto automatic renewal. She also told me Australian Geographic (to which I have two subscriptions) was no longer available from Magshop. It is still on your website. And she couldn’t tell me why, when I log in, I cannot find any of my subscriptions. They used to all be listed.

Claudia
ClaudiaSydney, NSW

No incentive to renew for longer period

weird pricing! $59.99 if you do 12 months and auto renewal but if you commit upfront to 2 years it's more expensive! $129.99 = $65 x2 which is the same price as if you do 1 year at a time. what's the incentive?!

Website clunky

I was buying a subscription gift to be sent to the address of the recipient, I found the website difficult to use and suspect the gift will go the correct address, but with my name.

chris
chrisSouth East Queensland, QLD

Problems with website

Website needs improvement - - gave all details etc then it just hung up on me. Resulted in my phoning Samantha, who was very helpful - friendly and polite. I'll just phone in future. Samantha 10, Website 0
PS I'm an older person - - Samantha's accent was lovely!!!

MagShopMagshop

On line order and delivery

Easy to order online for a Christmas gift - only problem was delivery and billing address were completed separately but product was delivered to billing address. Contacted Magshop and was helped by Samantha.

Rosie
RosieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Review of experience

It is unfortunate that this was my second magazine renewal for the day and the first was an exceptionally good experience (with another company.) I found Samantha to be efficient but unfriendly. In fact I felt compelled to add a please in for her when asking to confirm my details. I felt she was disinterested to the point of rudeness until she remembered there would be a review and then became merely efficient. It is true, however, that this year's experience was far superior to last year's and so congratulations for improving your standards.

Pleased with service

Have enjoyed the magazine, Country Style, now need a change. Thank you Have subscribed for many years/ Was a gift for my sister and now she would like something different,

wanting my order
wanting my order

Mental challenge of Killer Suduku puzzles are simply not worthy of being in that category

for most of the last subscription, they have been too easy. So easy I am debating if I even want to renew. I find the suguru even worse and would like to see the puzzles upgraded to be of some mental challenge. Otherwise it is all hype - Killers are supposed to be challenging.

Megan F.
Megan F.Hunter Region, NSW

Good service

The person I contacted turned out to be very helpful. Unfortunately I had difficulty understanding her due to her accent. The issue was resolved, but during the course of our conversation, I was never sure where the information I was providing was leading.

Kevin1616
Kevin1616ADELAIDE

Phone problems

The person I spoke to on the subscription line had such a strong accent I had extreme difficulty hearing what she was saying. I suggest Magshop listens to their phone lines to see if their staff are suitable for phone duties.

MagShopMagshop

Website frustation- telephone customer service excellent

Frustration with website- tired to subscribe online several times during the day- when clicking proceed to payment- website would freeze and be stuck on processing not allowing completion of order.

Telephone call to customer service at end of day. Karen arranged and completed subscription via telephone. Happy with Karens service and problem solution.

Allan Maker
Allan MakerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Lack of options on Web Site for Women's Day Subscription

The Subscription renewal for Women's Day only had 13 and 26 week options on the Web Site. We have always used the 52 week option. the only way I could do this was by phone. As a long time member this does not seem customer focused.

Resolved in the end

I had trouble with your office recognising my request which required several phone calls.
Eventually this was corrected. The lady who helped me was verry good and stayed with me until the item was resolved

A.BarnesPERTH

Loved dealing with such a nice person

The staff member on the phone (Amy) was superb and extremely helpful and sorted everything very quickly, after my frustrations with the online interface. Great to deal with a real person who was so efficient. The online renewal process needs some work.

HJB
HJBLyndoch

Enjoy the magazine, but not the processing errors

Love magazine...mix up processing at times (letter to renew when it is auto???). Girl very helpful but hard to understand. Spoke fast like a recording! But got done what’s needed!...thanks!

Wendy A.
Wendy A.asked

Can I order a Take Five & That’s Life magazine in Australia?

Mary

Hi Wendy A, I believe you can order a Take Five and That's Life magazine in Australia. To be really certain you may want to call Mag shop in Australia 13 61 16

SSson
SSsonasked

I have been a subscriber for years, your current advertising of 15%off is not true.
I have tried to get a loyalty code, yet the website keeps telling me the same subscription price. Why

Alex M.
Alex M.asked

Is anyone else in New Zealand having their weekly magazines not delivered on time or at all - New Idea, Women's Day. I've had a lot not turn up this year and some turn up 2 weeks later. My understanding is that the supermarket/dairy ones come bulk straight away, but individual subscriber editions just come with normal post, so could get held up in Australia. Not sure if true and if so, very unfair, but its kind of looking that way since mine since covid don't always arrive the same time as before covid. So I'm curious if its just me, or other NZ subscribers.

Donna
Donna

Hi Alex. I’m in Perth WA. I have recently submitted my review titled “Terrible”. Have a read of all reviews. Pretty much nothing but negativity, especially with weekly issues. Good luck.

Penny R.
Penny R.

I'm too having the same problem. And unfortunately when asked if they can re-send the missed issues, they say they don't have any or they can't send because its international. So instead they extend the subscription. Not sending one because its "international" is no different to extending the subscription, they are still posting 1 issue, makes no sense. And not having any spares in NZ to send NZ customers is odd too. There must be someone in NZ distributing them to the shops, so why can't they send one to those who haven't received theirs. Its all too time consuming and stressful having to email them all the time for missed issues and chase them up for a reply, so once my 3 have expired, I wont be renewing. I recommend while the NZ/Aussie borders are shut/flights not back to normal schedule, not to get subscriptions and to buy in your local shop, as there is no guarantee you will receive each issue.

Kristy A.
Kristy A.

Yes, I ordered the WHO back in May and have had constant issues with getting them so much so that it has not been worth this trouble and prior to them moving to mag shop they were easy to deal with and extended me out a few times but in no way I would have received 52 issues when my actual subscription runs out so def wont be renewing and will go back to buying in the shop. I believe it has been a total waste of money although at the time it seemed ideal due to breaking my ankle and lockdown> I would prefer to have had the chance to cancel it all together and get some $$$ back.

Get an answer from our members and Magshop representatives

Booktopia