wombling_free

wombling_freeSouth Australia

Needs to improve

Have used for a long time for my puzzle magazine subscriptions, had some minor problems with missing issues. They charged my credit card today for a renewal that had been cancelled.
Currently there is no way to cancel an auto renewal online, also cannot remove my saved card details from my account because there has been an error with their system for months.

Website clunky

I was buying a subscription gift to be sent to the address of the recipient, I found the website difficult to use and suspect the gift will go the correct address, but with my name.

Problems with website

Website needs improvement - - gave all details etc then it just hung up on me. Resulted in my phoning Samantha, who was very helpful - friendly and polite. I'll just phone in future. Samantha 10, Website 0
PS I'm an older person - - Samantha's accent was lovely!!!

Find out how Magshop compares to other Online Shops

On line order and delivery

Easy to order online for a Christmas gift - only problem was delivery and billing address were completed separately but product was delivered to billing address. Contacted Magshop and was helped by Samantha.

Rosie

RosieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Review of experience

It is unfortunate that this was my second magazine renewal for the day and the first was an exceptionally good experience (with another company.) I found Samantha to be efficient but unfriendly. In fact I felt compelled to add a please in for her when asking to confirm my details. I felt she was disinterested to the point of rudeness until she remembered there would be a review and then became merely efficient. It is true, however, that this year's experience was far superior to last year's and so congratulations for improving your standards.

Pleased with service

Have enjoyed the magazine, Country Style, now need a change. Thank you Have subscribed for many years/ Was a gift for my sister and now she would like something different,

wanting my order

wanting my order

Mental challenge of Killer Suduku puzzles are simply not worthy of being in that category

for most of the last subscription, they have been too easy. So easy I am debating if I even want to renew. I find the suguru even worse and would like to see the puzzles upgraded to be of some mental challenge. Otherwise it is all hype - Killers are supposed to be challenging.

Megan F.

Megan F.Hunter Region, NSW

Good service

The person I contacted turned out to be very helpful. Unfortunately I had difficulty understanding her due to her accent. The issue was resolved, but during the course of our conversation, I was never sure where the information I was providing was leading.

Kevin1616

Kevin1616ADELAIDE

Phone problems

The person I spoke to on the subscription line had such a strong accent I had extreme difficulty hearing what she was saying. I suggest Magshop listens to their phone lines to see if their staff are suitable for phone duties.

Find out how Magshop compares to other Online Shops

Website frustation- telephone customer service excellent

Frustration with website- tired to subscribe online several times during the day- when clicking proceed to payment- website would freeze and be stuck on processing not allowing completion of order.

Telephone call to customer service at end of day. Karen arranged and completed subscription via telephone. Happy with Karens service and problem solution.

Allan Maker

Allan MakerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Lack of options on Web Site for Women's Day Subscription

The Subscription renewal for Women's Day only had 13 and 26 week options on the Web Site. We have always used the 52 week option. the only way I could do this was by phone. As a long time member this does not seem customer focused.

Resolved in the end

I had trouble with your office recognising my request which required several phone calls.
Eventually this was corrected. The lady who helped me was verry good and stayed with me until the item was resolved

A.BarnesPERTH

Loved dealing with such a nice person

The staff member on the phone (Amy) was superb and extremely helpful and sorted everything very quickly, after my frustrations with the online interface. Great to deal with a real person who was so efficient. The online renewal process needs some work.

HJB

HJBLyndoch

Enjoy the magazine, but not the processing errors

Love magazine...mix up processing at times (letter to renew when it is auto???). Girl very helpful but hard to understand. Spoke fast like a recording! But got done what’s needed!...thanks!

MagShopMagshop

Receiving invoice for auto renewal taken from master card

Magshop has quite a negative reputation from a few of our staff members from past unhelpful experiences but today Jessa was quite helpful. Much appreciated. Thanks so much. Also I wasn't on hold very long at all which was another nice surprise.
Kind regards
Sue Brown

Find out how Magshop compares to other Online Shops

Very good magazine ..enjoy the puzzles

Love this Mag ...stories crossword and code cracker are my fabourites !
Will continue to buy it ...dont believe all the stories you print though !

Howard date

Howard dateMelbourne

Ok but could do better

Have been buying for several years thought auto renewal was set up had to call to get renewal processed
Words to make up to 20 blah blah blah

Buyer beware!

Discounts in the magazine are superior to what is offered by snail mail. Claimed to be representing Australian Geographic, not Magshop. Suspect this may be bordering on definitions of a scam.

There were problems

The call was made difficult because it was hard to understand the English spoken by the lady dealing with my request.

3 out of 5

Although efficient I found the operator spoke very quickly and I found her accent a trifle difficult to understand requiring her to repeat a few statements.... the speed of operators in so many aspects of today's life gives the impression they are almost robotic, or is it in fear of the pressure they are put under to keep up their KPI's ??

Gaming with L.

Gaming with L.asked

Wen I win a free year of magazines on monopoly at Macaus it only let’s me order 1 mag

mirrabuccaasked

Hi Magshop:
I renewed my wife's subscription to Womens' Weekly in July 2020. The transaction was sucessful, but you have made TWO deductions from my credit card, one on the 15th July 202 and the other on the 16th July 2020. We only receive ONE copy. I have asked for a refund but you do not reply to my emails.
I see many other reviews from people in similar positions to mine (moneys not being refunded).
Please take this seriously! Perhaps a class action will sort it out?

Adam
Adam

Im happy to join ur class action

mirrabucca

No response from Magshop, but I DID hget a refund. No explanation, no appology, just a credit on my credit card statement.

Nancyasked

I paid $73 on 31/07/2020 for the Australian Women's Weekly receipt number 1892068 end date is 31/7/2021
so far I have nothing. This is a poor arrangement as you have my money so where is my Magazine?
Nancy Boundy. 208 B Beach Road, Kaikoura. NZ

Nancy

I am entitled to an answer!

Sheryl Rattigan
Sheryl Rattigan

Good luck Nancy. I have been trying since May to get a refund for a subscription to a magazine they cancelled a month after taking my money! They are a company of thieves and I think all the people who have done reviews this year should join together to make a claim against them to the Small Claims Tribunal.

Nancy

I have had no answer to their theft of my $73. Being a pensioner that money meant a lot to me.

Get an answer from our members and Magshop representatives