Ron

RonMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Keep away.

I utilised this service a couple of times over the past few years without any major issues until recently where I found out they have changed my Electrical supplier to another company without any notification or approval. Worst still the new company is nearly 3 times dearer than the previous. I am left to sort out the mess and now change to another company. Be warned IMO keep away.

Hi Ron,
I was sorry to read about your recent experience, I have messaged you privately to follow up. If you could please let me know how you would like to proceed we can take the next steps together.

nokt786Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Illegal transfer of business electricity account

Hi Nokt786

I have sent you a private message as I would like to give you a call to explain and help resolve any issues.

Neil

NeilQueensland

Too Late with a return phone call

Was told a call would be returned within the hour but nothing so went with another provider. When they did eventually call back was told they were closed last week! Why wasn't I told this at my initial enquiry? Operator ended up putting the call down on me when I told him he was too late. Overall experience a bit disappointing.

MIC TeamMake It Cheaper

Hi Neil, I have sent you a private message and I hope you can get back to me soon. On behalf of Make It Cheaper I am sorry you have had a disappointing experience, though I am hoping we can still assist

Mark.S

Mark.SGoldcoast

harassing call centre staff

A staff member from your call centre continued to call my company for 3 days after being politely told we are not interested, she managed to find out a managers name and demanded to speak to the manager every time, she was very politely explained to that we are not interested (we have on going contracts) and we get many marketing calls a day so the receptionist is very used to this however,
she than became very rude and pushy. The receptionist discontinued the call and she straight away calls back another two times.
Although she was very rude I do not blame her as an individual this companies customer service methods are very pushy and must set hard goals on young call centre staff.

Super pushy sales, didn't get a good deal

Bad sales tactics.

The salesman was really really pushy over the phone and called us relentlessly. Pushed us into a deal we didn't really want and when the welcome pack came, the rates were not any better then what we were already paying.

Do not recommend at all!

MIC TeamMake It Cheaper

Hi Sam H, I am sorry to hear that you didn't have a good experience with us. I have sent you a private message as I would like to talk to you some more about your experience

Scott

ScottSouth East Queensland, QLD

Horrible experience with no result

You have to explain everything you need to 1 person. then they transfer you, and you go through it all again. Then its more time on the phone while they go through a maze of voice recordings. Then they spam you with emails you didn't ask for. Then i get the email, "unfortunately your business structure doesn't suit our requirements". I would have thought that if there was a problem it would have been noticed days earlier when the process started.

jon

jonsydney

Useless LiveChat

I called so-called 'Helen' who claimed she was not a robot on LiveChat
She was not able to provide any basic info (like cost per watt)
She refused to give me her name or managers contact details
complete waste of time

SamB

SamBCanberra

No follow up call

I uploaded both my electricity and gas bill online on 11/10/2017 , and received a call from a nice customer service guy later in the day wanting to know if I could discuss options he found. I told him that it wasn't convenient and we organised a suitable to for him to call me back. We agreed on today 12/10 at 9.30am, still waiting for him to call me! IF anyone calls I doubt i'll be answering them, nor want to do business with them. From the reviews, this company isnt getting good reviews, ISelect I go...............

MIC TeamMake It Cheaper

Hi Sam, we're really sorry to hear this feedback. We've tried to call you a few times today and left you a voicemail, so please let us know when you're free as we'd love to help you find a competitive deal on your energy. Many thanks, MIC Team

WilsonJ

WilsonJSydney

Avoid at all costs

HollyBrisbane

Wouldn't recommend, terrible service.

Holly

Thank you for your reply. I'm not sure what inbox you are referring to? Can you send a link/email address and I will happily reply and speak to Fred.

MIC TeamMake It Cheaper

Hi Holly, can you please send an email to consumers@makeitcheaper.com.au with your best contact details and Fred will give you a call at a time that suits? Many thanks, MIC Team

Worst of the worst

At first it was okay, 3-4 phone calls a week pressuring me into a new contract saying mine is going to expire. [name removed] was such a rude, disrespectful and lying misrepresentation of what sales should be. Calling me darl, babe & love. Then proceed to read me my contact to fast. I asked him to slow down and was ignored have called and canceled through my previous retailer. Don't use make it cheaper they don't care about you or your business just the money.

Louise
Louise

Are you kidding? I have been in contact with you about this stuiped company needs to be shut down.

MIC TeamMake It Cheaper

Switching was a big mistake

I was pressured and harassed by their call center workers untill I agreed to swap electricity providers. Only to find I had been sold a plan that was the same price as before for the daily charge and MORE expensive per KW and now I'm locked in. This company are a bunch of crooks!

Hugo

HugoWhyalla

Bogus! No prices/plans given in the website "comparison" ... all they want is your phone number so t

I'm too busy to wait for you to call me to get an idea of the prices. I have allocated my weekend to getting an understanding of the best deals available (best of a woeful bunch given the fact that all electricity retailers are sharks skimming their profits out of the consumers purse). Your site didn't bother to ask me about my current usage or plan, so how the heck does it know how much I will "save"? what a waste of time.

MIC TeamMake It Cheaper

Pushy and won't take no for an answer

The customer service officer [name removed] was quite pushy trying to convince me that we had to go ahead with a quote and frequently said "at the end of the day it is your decision" but wouldn't take no for an answer. After saying no three times she said called me crazy and hung up. Terrible customer service.

MIC TeamMake It Cheaper

This is an extremely bad company

Whatever you do, do not part money with them, they are not cheaper in any sense even if you can prove this. Their customer support is awful, their sales are misleading. What ever you do, do not go ahead with this company as they will not agree with any legal laws.

Thomas
Thomas

I've spent countless hours on the phone, countless hours emailing trying to resolve and you are not willing to sort the issue.

MIC TeamMake It Cheaper

Hi Thomas, can you please send us your best contact number as we would really like to help sort the issue out. Thanks, MIC Team

NatMelbourne

More expensive

The salesperson gave me the wrong figures and information over the phone so our new provider has ended up being more expensive. When I confronted them they admitted they were at fault but did not offer a suitable consolation and I'm currently stuck with the energy provider.

MIC TeamMake It Cheaper

Hi Nat, we're very sorry to hear this feedback. Could you please inbox us your contact number? We would really like to give you a call to discuss what has happened and ensure you're on a plan you're satisfied with. Many thanks, MIC Team

Hi,
Unless you can deliver what you promised when you initially made contact last year there's no point wasting anymore of my time.

MIC TeamMake It Cheaper

Hi Nat, would you mind inboxing us your contact number and email address? We'd love the opportunity to look into your file and investigate this further and be in touch with next steps. Thanks, MIC team

Brian G

Brian GSoutheast, SA

price on electricity

Useless site said it will compare doesn't deliver endless you leave a phone number only want to compare don't want idiots ringing me up

Sounds Great, then they keep calling

I was all for looking to save money, who isn't, but when there wasn't a saving they asked to do my home, to which i said no don't bother but they kept probing for answers, is you home also with X retailer? is their gas. Why do you tell them to continue to probe for answers when a customer has said no thanks, then a few weeks later i received a call, stating that they had spoke to me before, which is true but had found savings and wanted me to go through it again, yet how can there be savings already after only being a few weeks? to which there wasn't savings, Don't bother calling again unless there really is savings. Huge savings as stated on your website.

Benny boy

Benny boysydney

Put Me On The DNC List!!!

I have asked 3 different people to put me on the DO NOT CALL list and no surprise surprise no one has listened to me! If it isn't done soon i will be going to the ombudsman.

Made it more expensive!!

I had a call of [name removed] and he said my contract was up for renewal and put me on a new deal, i assumed he knew what he was talking about but clearly he did not as the deal is more expensive. Also my plan was not even up for renewal so where you got that information from i will never know. What a waste of 30 minutes for me! Thanks [name removed]

GKaur

GKaurasked

Is Create Australia scam? They run refund consultation program for unclaimed money.
Can we really make money with this program?
Charges is up to $6999/-

MIC TeamMake It Cheaper

Hi GKaur, thank you for your inquiry. Make It Cheaper is in no way affiliated with Create Australia as such we can not comment on their legitimacy. It may be beneficial to read online reviews and testimonials to see how others have fared when they have engaged their services. I can see that they have a contact number online, perhaps that would be an alternate avenue to check?

Kind regards

MIC Team

Tibor
Tibor

Same for me - Who is Create Australia? Sounds fishy to me!

Astrid

Astridasked

Hi I am about to move into my new home in Wagga Wagga NSW after moving from Townsville. Who can you recommend to give me the best deal?

Robyn
Robyn

I recently used Make It Cheaper. Customer service was great and got us a great deal. Would totally recommend calling them.

Hi Astrid,
We would be delighted to help you set up a new energy plan for your new home in Wagga Wagga, I will send you a private message in the next few minutes, please reply when you get the chance and I will have one of our energy experts give you a call and discuss the best options for you. Alternatively if you want to give me a call directly on 1300957721 we can start the search together

Buntee

Bunteeasked

I am looking for solar power system can you recommend a company that is fair and not overcharge?

Hi Buntee,

Unfortunately, we can only find cheaper plans not actual solar power systems. Sorry we were unable to help at this stage.

Get an answer from our members and Make It Cheaper representatives