Makita BHX2500

Makita BHX2500

BHX2500, BHX2500V

See the Best Petrol Blower Vacuums in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Adrian

AdrianBunbury

Makita has dropped the ball

Purchased this 6 months ago from Bunnings, went to use it yesterday and noticed a fair bit of oil on shelf it sits on, it has also developed a miss and surge on acceleration. The unit itself worked well prior to this My shed is all makita products but I'm somewhat dissapointed in last two purchases from them.

Purchased in April 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $299.00.

CharbelSydney, NSW

Needed fixing 3 times

At first when new it was good but in summer it doesn't perform properly as the heat doesn't want to start the blower after 2 minutes of doing nothing and in the shade the last service cost me 160 dollars as the blower needs a new carburetor which is hard to get have to order from America genuine part which will cost about 75 dollars if I purchased a honda blower from before I would not have any problems as I have the line trimmer in 35cc and lawn mower in honda never had any problems in the heat with them

Purchased in August 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $300.00.

Noise Level
Safety

Nick OTownsville

Good speed and cruise control

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Can not fault

Had my blower for 2 years now , hasn’t missed a beat . Starts first pull every time no problems
I have a large yard and use it 2-3 times a week
I can’t comment on the others reviews but
All my makita equipment have been great .
Wound buy again

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Bob41

Bob41Southern and Hills, SA

So Much for 4 stroke reliability

Bought this From Bunnings after a Bad Echo Experience. The first few months of ownership was a good experience. That However was short Lived as it Became increasingly Hard to Restart after a few minutes run time. The last time I Tried to use it from a Cold Start it Was Locked Solid. Best Part was Buying it from Bunnings, No Problem Getting a Refund

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Won't start when hot

Started well the first time, as I used it more I couldn't get it started. Cleaned the spark plug and away she went. Now it works the first time I start it during the day, after that it's touch and go whether it'll start again that day. If I do nothing, it usually starts the next morning. Seems like I have to clean the spark plug each time I use it unless I give it time to "rest" in the shade.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

BellVueQ1

BellVueQ1Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

4 Stroke is the way to go

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Don't waste your money

Had this blower for a few years and maybe has done about 2 hours work?
1st issue was a leaky fuel pipe (see plastic hose) from fuel tank. This failed about 18 months from purchase
Now the plastic priming bulb seems to pump fuel every where except into the carby.
I thought Makita was Japanese quality? or are they living on their reputation?

Date PurchasedApr 2014
Nick

NickSYDNEY

Great blower

Having researched a few since my old blower gave up the ghost, I came to like this Makita Blower. 4 stroke, easier to start and although quieter to run than the 2 stroke it has good blowing capability. A little bit heavier on the wrist than others but I only have to use it for about 8 - 10 minutes.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Ads

AdsMelbourne

Leaking oil after 3 years

Was a good blower, now not worth repairing cheaper to buy a new one. Waste of $300. Never buying makita power garden range again. Lawn repairer machenice told me makita spear parts are expensive. Very disappointed with this blower. Always hard to start I would use at least once a week

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Fletch

FletchBayswater North

Can't fault blower

Don't have the blower vac model, as I was talked out of it by the guy in the shop who told me the vac is rubbish. After reading other reviews on here, I'd say he obviously just saved me $50. Have used the blower a bit, haven't had it long, but so far it's amazing. Blows around 30mm stones no worries. I can barely see my grass for all the leaves at the moment, and this made short work of my large back yard. The only thing the service guy at the store warned me of is to take good care of your Makita - because while they are good products, the customer service is horrible should you need any help from them.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Gaz

GazMount Cotton

Best in class

I purchaced this machine after extensive research .Also after a friend had purchaced one . I find the vaccume function a little fiddly to set up , but very happy with blower function, Always starts first time , quiet compared to a 4 stroke , very efficient in cleaning up my yard . I have a very large area to clean with a dry river feature full of stones and rocks , this machine has no problem blowing all the leaves and rubbish from this area. Just make sure to change the oil on time and never use E10 fuel , Definatly reccomend this product .

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Reasonably happy

Easy starting and strong air stream. Disappointed with vacuum attachment, cumbersome to attach and weak suction. with hindsight should have purchased blower only.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Great blower, easy to use

I have had my BXH2500 for about 10 years now and have never had to have it serviced. It gets used about 7-8 months of the year and most of the time at full throttle. I always checks the oil level before starting and never leave gas in it during the off season. It usually starts on the first pull even after the off season and idles smoothly plus no need to mix fuel. I do take care to avoid tilting it too much since it is a 4 stroke so I use my electric blowers for odd maneuvers. The priming bulb has started to leak so hopefully I can easily get a replacement soon as we are entering the peak of autumn leaf season.

Date PurchasedApr 2007
davmac

davmacAU

Has not lasted.

Ours has holes in the blade cover housing so leaves and debris shoot out over your fingers and all over your yard. Only a year old. Cost around $180 to fix, not worth it. Vac suction not as good as 2 Stroke models I've used. Changing from Vac to Blower is a nightmare, you need a screwdriver to do properly. Will go back to a quality 2 Stroke now. Was bad to spend so much on something that didn't last.

Date PurchasedAug 2015
IntraVol

IntraVolSpringwood NSW

Never Missed a Beat!

I've had mine for 4 years and it hasn't missed a beat and starts first pull every time. Not interested in vacuuming so went for the standard model as there seems to be no reliable options in the market. I use mine for 30-45 minuets every week and now has over a 100 hours of use. With regular oil changes of which I do every 3 months it won't give you grief. 80ml of oil is a 2 minute oil change! Love it and will buy another one if this one ever dies.

Date PurchasedJan 2012

Bob

Bob

Very Impressed

I Have only Had this for 2 Months & Already Glad to Give it the Thumbs up, Love the 4- Stroke Quietness & Smoothness, No Mixing Fuel, No Smell or Oil Leaks. Starts First Time Every Time . My 2-Stroke Days are Over. Well Done Makita, Easy to Give 5 star Rating

Date PurchasedMay 2016

EmanresuSydney, NSW

New model is underpowered. It simply isn't up to the task

mauricek

mauricekAU

Don't tip it over the wrong way while it is running..

Great just as a vacuum