Makita BUR181Z/SF

Makita BUR181Z/SF

BUR181SF and BUR181Z

See the Best Battery Whipper Snippers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

works great, light and easy to use

we have two batteries and use this with a drill as well, a small yard and use it for edging - very light, very easy to use, easy to start, batteries keep charge, very happy and recommend for situations like ours

Light weight package

I purchased this line trimmer to replace a 20+ year old corded line trimmer. I have other Makita cordless tools so have batteries and charger. It comes with all the usual warnings and needs the guard and front handle to be attached prior to use. Also supplied is spare line and a pair of safety glasses.
It is still early days but I picked it up to try it on some of my edges and trim around a tree. It does the job provided it is not pushed too hard.
I am yet to use it enough to see how long the battery lasts.
Spare line and safety glasses supplied. Takes both 1815 & 1830 batteries.

Further comments to my original review. The small 1815 battery gave me a run time of about 15 minutes. While the machine has a warning light to let you know when to change battery (or have a rest) one needs to look for it as you concentrate on the cutting head rather than the control handle. The instructions do not mention what size the cutting cord is, something that will be required when it is time to buy new line - in my case that could be two or three years away. The machine did what I asked of it but keep in mind that it is designed as a light trimmer.

Can line 2mm be used?
To be honest, I am not sure. The instructions do not mention what size line. By my measurement the supplied line is between 1.7 and 1.8 mm.

What type and size is the line?
I could not find the size of line in the instructions, but I have measured it to be between 1.7 - 1.8 mm. The type of line is nylon. The machine came with a loaded spool plus a spare spool.

Makita BUR181ZMakita BUR181SF