Makita DCS7301 / DCS7901

Makita DCS7301 / DCS7901

DCS7301, DCS7901

Max

Max

true beauty: plenty of power, good balance , not heavy.
i' ve had it fora couple of years. cuts trough large boughs like a knife trough butter.
weight is not a problem ( i thought it could be ) as it only takes less than a minute to slice
trough 80cm a bough.
7901 has an easy start button ( decompression valve ) =starts is easy
bought from Sydney Tolls.
This is my first chain saw. Safety and Care is a must with this baby.
Yes: I would buy it again

Purchased in May 2016 at Sydney Tools NSW.

Graham

GrahamPerth, WA

Makita DCS7301

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Geoffro45

Geoffro45AU

Superb power and build quality

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Petrol Chainsaws

Find out how Makita DCS7301 / DCS7901 compares to other Petrol Chainsaws

Dugald MacTavish

Dugald MacTavishSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Great machine

I purchased my 7901 Makita chainsaw in 2012 for about $1,200 it is now 2017 and has not missed a beat. It is a little heavy but very powerful. I cut a lot of dirty firewood, probably about 160 tanks of fuel so far. When I first got it I had trouble starting it, so I rang Makita office, very helpful. Just pull when on choke 3 or 4 times till the first kick then turn choke off. This worked like a dream. The only negative thing is Makita spare parts can be a rip off, for example they charge about $50 for a 3/8 sprocket when you can buy a husky no name brand on Ebay for $10

Date PurchasedFeb 2012

BILLYMSHEPPARTON

Great saw starts easy, well balanced and has heaps of grunt

Better than stihl and husky. Dolmar Makita make great saws. Great balance , chews through wood like it is hungry . Had my saw for two years and love it even mates have gone out and got one now we go out and cut a load of wood in about an hour.
best saw i have used.
nothing

KevinE

KevinEAU

I own the 7901 & it's an absolutely awsome saw!

I've had my 7901 since August 2010 & use it to professionally remove trees. I cannot say enough good things about this saw! It was only 60% the price of my next choice of a Stihl MS460 or MS660 & fits in between the 2 of those saws performance wise.
Easy to start, reliable, amazing power to weight ratio, durable, very economical to purchase, easy to use.
It leaks lots of bar oil when not in use.

deanasked

DCS7901

How long would the 7901 saw last in a firewood sense? I cut in excess of 50 cube a year for my own use. I am tossing between a 576 husqvarna and a makita 7901 and possibly a solo.

BILLYM

I believe the Makita is a better saw. It goes harder than a stihl saw and is actually made by dollar great saw . I cut approx 10-12 cube a year no probs. I have 5 chains 2 bars and just go go go. Cutting 700mm round logs mainly I would recommend this saw or its big brother

dean

I am yet to use a 576 husqvarna but I had a few cuts with a 7901 makita and cant see any reason not to buy one other than price. I own two huskys a 235 and a 395 and I love both. So I'd really like to go husky again but I'm driven by price. Has anyone had any experience with the solo saws? As these I am told are German engineering not far behind or some tell me better than the stihl
I really want a mid ranger of about 4 /4.4kw to back up my 395 husky. It is a bit much for the little jobs and the 236 is a bit small for the big jobs so am looking around.