Makita EA3201S

Makita EA3201S

See the Best Petrol Chainsaws in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Makita? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

3.6
  • Safety
Ash
AshNew South Wales

great small saw even after much abuse

Almost my first purchase after the Dec 2019 fires wrecked my place. This Makita was put through 6 months of pretty ugly (sooty, dirty) cleanup work, including dead, fallen and hanging trees were realistically bigger than the spec and remaining structural timber etc. Still working fine!

With the usual maintenance (air filter, de-gunking, sharpening, etc), it keeps on starting fine and working well - we were gifted a slightly bigger H*** saw that has needed a service already (it's pining for the Fjords maybe), while the Makita just keeps on going like Honeybadger

Purchased in January 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $299.00.

bigbrad
bigbrad

I reviewed this saw approx 3 yrs ago . Good news still going strong.

I reviewed this saw approx 3yrs ago and it was about 5yrs old then, apart from 1 small repair 3 yrs ago it’s still going strong and never been serviced. Still on first spark plug .

Purchased in April 2012 at Bunnings Warehouse for $299.00.

Alan
AlanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic saw

This saw is very easy to start. It is very well made (as you would expect from a Makita. It cuts through trunks of a size it has no business cutting through. Maintenance and cleaning is very easy. Top product.

Purchased in December 2017 at Bunnings Warehouse for $299.00.

Rotten_Johhny
Rotten_Johhny

The best small saw I have ever owned

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Petrol Chainsaws

Find out how Makita EA3201S compares to other Petrol Chainsaws

Great saw

Bought this saw cause my other got stolen and Bunnings only shop open on a Sunday. It's been sitting in my ute tool box for approx 5yrs and always starts, I use on average once a week. In 5 yrs never had a service and just last week the pull starter started to slip. $15 later I replaced cam plate and it's been good again.

Date PurchasedMar 2013
Flynn
FlynnMelbourne

Very happy that it starts every time.

After 3 years of faultless use, I thought I'd leave a positive review of a product. My little Makita chainsaw has started first time (after choke pulls) every time. (Touch wood - don't want to jinx it). It is used for garden pruning and occasional firewood for camping, not forestry work, but it cuts through logs of 300mm quite well.
I make sure I use fuel preserving additive so that the fuel doesn't go off between uses, and have also been using canola oil for bar lube to be environmentally friendly, and that works quite well too.

Date PurchasedJan 2015