Makita ER2650LH

Makita ER2650LH

MPN: ER2650LH
See the Best Petrol Whipper Snippers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Makita? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

3.5
  • Product is used
  • Safety
Ray
RayGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

4 years later going strong

I got sick of mixing 2 stroke fuel with different ratios for all the motors i run just simply add fuel prime the carby and pull the cord starts first time every time the bump feed is great just make sure when replacing the cord you don't loose the spring other wise great machine

Purchased in November 2017 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Brent
BrentGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Makita whipper snipper

I purchased a Makita 4 stroke whipper snipper absolutely fabulous I have to deal with Kyku grass and it does it easy. Starts first time the bump feed is so easy and simple to load Brilliant.I am sure people who complain don't read the instructions.
Cheers Brent

Purchased in November 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $399.00.

Anita
AnitaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Extremely disappointed, Line feed bumper

so...a couple of months ago bought this model... he said ...easy to start, easy to use, quicker overall, line feed bumper blah blah blah.
Only just started using it ( 3times) and bump line feeder ceases, line breaks, head won’t spin and seems to cease up, all use is as recommended but it’s very frustrating as I need to use it regularly because of the work I do. Today it did all of the above Again... but this time ...while my client was watching, NOT acceptable at all... I looked like a fool and the fact that it took triple the time to complete the job has me seeing red! I’ll be going back to Bunnings and asking for a refund!

Purchased in April 2019.

Petrol Whipper Snippers

Find out how Makita ER2650LH compares to other Petrol Whipper Snippers

Shadow
ShadowSydney, NSW

Dont waste your time

I bought this new and took it home and i could not get it started its supposed to be easy start i broke my back it started for a minute and stopped i took it back the guy started after 10 pulls but i got a refund. Dont waste your time.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Bob D.Brisbane

4 Stroke Home Line Lawn Edger /Trimmer

Phil
PhilMelbourne

Great Line Trimmer! Starts very easy!

Starts very easily. Its a little bit heavier and a bit slower than other 2 stroke line trimmers I've used although it runs well and is extremely quite. I haven't experienced any bump feed issues as of yet. Would highly recommend as its about half the cost of a Honda.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
KingyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

4 years no problem

Like I said 4 years no problem. Bump feed still operating as it should. Starts easily . Can be used in any position. Four stroke . Quiet , fuel efficient . I use the trimmer for domestic purposes only but in saying that I am a carpenter by trade and I have always used and trusted Makita products . Like most of those in the know I would still prefer 'made in Japan' however I cannot fault this trimmer to date. I would recommend .

Date PurchasedApr 2013
Mick
Mick

Bump head issue

Great piece of equipment but the bump head clip seems to be an overall issue for many customers including myself.

Date PurchasedJune 2016
macSydney Surrounds, NSW

2 years of use and still awesome.

Date PurchasedJuly 2014
Petrol Whipper Snippers

Find out how Makita ER2650LH compares to other Petrol Whipper Snippers

Bump feed issue

After 3 turns trimming grass at the edge of my property the bump head broke. This was under very light use. Disappointing as there were alot of options in this price range. Not covered under warranty according to bunnings. The line trimmer motor starts first time every time, but the bumper? An additional $50 every three options seems very uneconomical

Date PurchasedAug 2016
_rH
_rH

Simply, a good line trimmer

After an ozito battery line trimmer which carked it after about 5sm, the makita ER2650LH was a dream.
The 4 stroke feature is neat, as being able to use unleaded straight up is quite convenient.
This has a lot of power and starts quite consistently.
I dont know if it's excellent, however, I cannot fault it for anything after 1.5 years of use - so, I guess a 5 is fair.
== EDIT 05-Feb-17 ==
After losing the bump head spring, it turns out that you can order small parts from Makita (they'll email you a pdf of the parts list), or you can make a special order from Bunnings and they'll track it down for you. Replacement cost of $9.40. Pretty good value after 2 years use.

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Roy
RoyBrisbane

Failed after only 2 uses

I bought this from Bunnings for $298, used it twice with no problem. When I tried it next, I couldn't pull the starter rope further than 100mm - it couldn't be pulled further, so couldn't start it. It's almost brand new ! No mention of this in the troubleshooting page of the instruction manual.

Hopefully Bunnings will give me my money back, so that I can buy something that works !

StephMc
StephMcNSW, 2263

Bump head FAIL...

Derek R
Derek Rasked

Can you fit alloy head onto makita 2650?

Bob D.

No idea. The original seems to be long lasting if you keep the spinning bottom bit away from concrete which is not difficult at all. Bunnings sell a non Makita head (like original for $50. Have a look, it says it fits makita, and see the connection end so you have a vague idea of what is it.
I seriously doubt I will need a replacement for many many years. The last 2 stroke no name trimmer from 30 years still had it's own head till I scrapped it for this makita 4 stroke.
So don't let that lack of any metal head option be a problem for you, as everything can be modified to fit if you throw money at it making an adapter between the head and the trimmer, by that's not going to happen is it?

Nibs
Nibsasked

How do you replace the cord ?

Kingy

Late , but anyone else , go to your local mower store, they will show you if you get stuck. Maybe as a courtesy buy some trimmer line off them.

john.o.