Makita LS1018L

Makita LS1018L

See the Best Cut-Off & Mitre Saws in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Cruizer

CruizerSydney, NSW

Gets the work done well after an initial setup procedure

• +1

Purchased in June 2018 at Sydney Tools NSW, Castle Hill for $479.00.

Carl BFar North Queensland, QLD

Does what it should

Purchased in January 2019.

LuckySam

LuckySamBRISBANE

Makita LS1018 Dissapointing

Really disappointed with this tool, I purchased because of the Makita supposed good name, so I did not even check quality before buying.
The rails all rusted up within a couple of months, when it starts up sounds like it will explode, really cheap quality tool.
Old Makita tools were made in Japan according to the label, and they were the best quality bar none .
I wanted to replace a ancient Makita one that I have had for 20 years, it never let me down once, always started took a heap of rough treatment, so I just bought a Makita again, but since buying I have noticed Makita quality has gone downhill, castings rough, slide rails grinding, etc, so I now have a Bosch Slider, could not be happier.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Rusty rails and screws

Date PurchasedJul 2017

John T

John TBRISBANE

Worst Slide Compund Saw

I purchased my LS1018L a few years ago and have nothing but trouble with it. I could not cut a accurate mitre to save it self. I now use my Hitachi saw for everything now and just keep the Makita for cutting fire wood.
This is a real shame how Makita quality has gone from number 1 to last in the pack in only a few years.
I would never buy another Makita product after this piece of rubbish.

Date PurchasedMay 2011

Breamo

BreamoSydney

Good enough

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Faulty as they come

This unit is incredibly flawed. The actual base plate is out as far as I can tell and I have carried it around with me to numerous jobs hoping that I am an idiot and letting another chippee show me my errors - none can and all agree the unit is faulty. It won't even go past 27 degree for angled cuts so 45 mitre is not happening. I will go with Hitachi from now on.

Bushranger

BushrangerCanberra

Carpentry not Cabinetry

Terrible

Straight out of the box-
The orange plastic degree indicator pointers were all loose/wobbily so didn't line up - not accurate poor quality on degree tabs - The sticker indicating degrees of cut is wrong 45 degrees one side is not 45 on the other
One side of blade guard constantly catches and hooks up on timber when cutting - The blue plastic infill strip on deck is below surface - so when cutting small pieces the timber will rock and you get angled cuts of around 87degrees instead of 90 - these last 2 points make the saw almost dangerous
Brought the saw monday will be returning on Wed
Would not recommend this saw to anyone especially beginners unless they don't value their fingers.
Quiet motor
CHEAPO Build - not impressed

scona22
scona22

Agreed! This machine is extremely innacurate.

JOHN

JOHNasked

I have had my LS1018L for 3 days and for some unknown reason the blade is not lining up correctly. It is in the store at the moment to be checked tomorrow. I've had it for 3 days yet still was told there is not much that can be done. Does Makita cover tool faults or am l left with a lemon?

Jadasked

How to adjust the saw head/cutting blade to be in alignment with the slides, currently with the slides running at 90 deg to the guard rail the saw blade is 1mm out of square.

Carl B

At what points did you measure this from? Or was it from the piece you cut?

If I understand you correctly, you measured 91 degrees or 89 degrees from somewhere.

One thing to note is how your piece to be cut is butted up against the guide. The separable section of the guide can jut out at times.

Jad

The problem is that the saw blade is not parallel with the saw slide.

Get an answer from our members and Makita representatives

CategoryCut-Off & Mitre Saws