2.4

Ned PowellCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC23 posts

ivan
ivan5 posts

dont buy makita

makita are crap there tools don't last they brake there defective there's no service this drop saw i bought was defective and can't get anyone to look at it have to wait 8 weeks i used to always have makita but now i will never buy it again i'll rather re tool with bosh as they have 6yr warranty and iv heard they have very little complaints. stay away from makita Show details
Tom
Tomperth5 posts

For the money it's mint

Yes, out of the box I had to adjust the 90°, and 45°, just a touch. Very simple to do, not sure why it's a point of problem in other reviews. If your taking any saw out of the box and taking the cut angle as perfect your asking for trouble.

Other than that it's a good saw and for under $500 AUD it's great. The next competitors saw in this size was around $800. So it's a win. Show details

Lucas
LucasSouth East Queensland, QLD5 posts

harmo
harmoACT, 291498 posts
Tom W.
Tom W.

Terrible saw. Made of cheap metals and plastic and unsealed bearings

I’ve had this saw for 2 years and it’s had an easy life.
It doesn’t cut square, bits break and fall off it regularly. I have fixed it a few times. 2 weeks ago I had to buy new bearings on the slide guard be said they exploded, and now 2 weeks later the rest of the guard has broke. The button for slide adjustment is plastic and broke, the bearings are cheap and gritty, doesn’t slide well, despite adjusting and calibrating it I can’t get it to cut square.
This is the last makita tool I will buy and it’s now in the bin! Show details
Dandenong
Dandenong2 posts

Absolutely terrible.... stay away

We had to send this drop saw back before even using it. You could see the something definitely wrong with it the blade didn't spend right the plate was crooked the rails went straight. We waited 2 weeks to receive the item back can proceeded to cut a total of 3 length of Mirboo on the third peace it jumped and blade jammed in the timber blowing out the back fence considering and is made from very cheap material. We even went to the extent of using the clamps that was provided with the drop saw.
FYI I have been a carpenter 20 years this is the worst drop saw I have ever seen Show details
  • +1Thumbnail
Natalie
NatalieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Absolute death trap

The worst mitre saw I have ever used.
On first start up the blade was wobbly and 0 was more like 4mm on the base plate. Sent it in to Makita to get fixed and ended up having to fix 9 issues.
After getting it back, I used it to cut a length of merbau, and the blade jammed and flung the timber at me. I inspected the saw and could see that the metal fence and the actual frame of the saw had snapped. Sent it back to Makita and they tell me the damage is my fault and won’t replace the saw. Show details
Al A
Al ASouth East Queensland, QLD

Rikko
Rikko

This saw should not be allowed to sell

Not a precision saw at all! Click stops all off the marks by up to 1 degree in different directions. Even 0 degree cut was out by 1mm on crosscut Show details
IanHunter Region, NSW12 posts

The worst Makita that I've ever owned after 38 years buying them

On opening the clear plastic blade set broken under the heavy saw, rusting rail after two months & compound adjustment frozen in place. Please consider buying @ this level anything that isn't assembled in china. Show details
CruizerSydney, NSW10 posts
Carl B
Carl BFar North Queensland, QLD9 posts

LuckySam
LuckySamBRISBANE6 posts

Makita LS1018 Dissapointing

Really disappointed with this tool, I purchased because of the Makita supposed good name, so I did not even check quality before buying.

The rails all rusted up within a couple of months, when it starts up sounds like it will explode, really cheap quality tool.

Old Makita tools were made in Japan according to the label, and they were the best quality bar none .

I wanted to replace a ancient Makita one that I have had for 20 years, it never let me down once, always started took a heap of rough treatment, so I just bought a Makita again, but since buying I have noticed Makita quality has gone downhill, castings rough, slide rails grinding, etc, so I now have a Bosch Slider, could not be happier.

Show details

ABC
ABC

Andrew I.
Andrew I.

my makita is not getting any power why is that

Aaron C.
Aaron C.

the saw won't slide how do I fix it

JOHN
JOHN

I have had my LS1018L for 3 days and for some unknown reason the blade is not lining up correctly. It is in the store at the moment to be checked tomorrow. I've had it for 3 days yet still was told there is not much that can be done. Does Makita cover tool faults or am l left with a lemon?

Features

• This slide compound saw has a maximum cut capacity of 91x305mm
  • Ability to make left and right bevel cuts at 45 degrees, as well as mitre cuts at 60 degrees right and 47 degrees left
  • A continuous rating input of 1, 430 watts
  • Two-stage dual linear ball-bearing rails to help you cut smoothly
  • Easily align your cuts with the inclusion of an electric break and laser marker
  • The overall length of this slide compound mitre saw is 536mm, to help determine whether it can comfortably fit in your workspace
  • The power supply cord length is 2 metres, and the weight of this power tool is 19.8 kg
  • Standard accessories include a 255mm Carbide TCT saw blade (with the option to purchase a 260mm blade), a vertical vice, triangular rule, socket wrench, dust bag and holder assembly.