Makita RST210

Makita RST210

See the Best Petrol Whipper Snippers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Bert

Bert

Really poor quality

Worked for the first four times soon after the warranty period it started playing up starts up without any problems and as soon as I try to rev it up it dies
I took it to the local repair guy and he wanted $120 to service it
I will never but another Makita product again

Purchased in September 2015 at Bunnings Warehouse for $239.00.

Noise Level
Safety
Product is used: Occasionally
Grass Type Short grass

LuckySamBRISBANE

MAKITA RST210 BEST 2 STROKE BRUSH CUTTER EVER

I have had my RST 210 for about 3 years, it has never let me down. Great Jap quality in a superb brush cutter. I told a mate to grab one from Bunning's but they don't sell them anymore, he got a China Makita EM2600L disaster, first time he used it the fuel lines leaked petrol all over him, it was also difficult to start and idled on the ground like a goat. He ended up trowing it away and purchased a Ryobi which seams ok .
Ah well I suppose Makita quality is no more just the same as all the China junk.

Date PurchasedAug 2014
martian_rob

martian_robHarbour City

Japanese built quality and reliability

Very happy after two years use, starts first time and dead reliable. With one tank I can continuously cut for about an hour, fill tank again and it just keeps going - the Makita never complains. No oil leaks or overheating and zero maintenance required so far. I have previously owned two Ryobi units built in PRC and poor cutting ability unless revving the hell out of them. Both failed prematurely, last one after a couple of hours - drive shaft detached from motor. Would definitely recommend a Makita.

Date PurchasedApr 2015

JimSydney Surrounds, NSW

Light and reliable

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Worst whipper snipper I have encountered

First one bought I had to take back because it was leaking petrol. Dripping onto my legs not from the cap but from the fuel line.
Second one I had so much trouble starting it...once started it kept conking out...after three times of use I am now on my way back to Bunnings to get my money back. Also bump feed did not work in either one.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

erraticfocus

erraticfocusAU

Makita cuts all the edge grass in my yard, damn right, it's better than yours!

easy to start.
easy on fuel.
feels right, solid, like a proper tool, not a plastic toy.
a bit heavy on big jobs, just make sure you have a shoulder strap setup.
This is a line trimmer / whipper snipper, not a brush cutter, not suitable for heavy duty jobs. big jobs yes, taming the wilderness, no!

Date PurchasedAug 2016

John

JohnHunter Region, NSW

Great light weight reliable whipper snipper.

Bigdog51

Bigdog51SYDNEY

Great Product But Flawed For Semi-Heavy (Marginally) Rural Work

This is a brilliant product for city/suburban environments in Australia but suffers 'clogging' of the head area whenever you confront long grass/spinifex which is abundant in the Hunter Valley and most semi-rural environments.
You cannot dismantle the metallic head (which you attach the spinning plastic cutter reel to) so you wind up with a machine that the whole cutting head fails to spin on, even when flattening the engine. You can remove the problem material but it is a slow painstaking process to get your machine running again but it does run again and well, so long as you steer clear of the danger spinifex stuff.
Good Japanese engine & quality machine for the price (<$200 at Bunnings) but flawed.

Tony

TonyBrisbane, Queensland

Quality at reasonable cost. Customer feedback ignored by Makita Australia

Phillip00

Phillip00Hunter Region, NSW

End of choke button broke off, lost spring

One problem I found was the choke button, called Starter Leaver end broke off and I lost the spring, called starter spring. A bit expensive to replace, starter leaver $21.00 and starter spring $8.00. So far managed starting without using the choke. A bit reluctant to pay that price to fix it.

tom kinkel

tom kinkelMelbourne

Great value

Great value domestic line trimmer overall great value but do yourself a favour and change the bump feed mechanism . Starts easily everytime and is light enough for most women to use but the line feeder spool is impossible to load and I changed it for a fixed mechanism that doesn't bump feed .It is easily a machine that I would recommend to the average person for non commercial work .
Light and easy to start
Bump feed spool not easy to load

El Kentosa

Can you let me know what "fixed mechanism" you put on. I too am having trouble withe the feed

El Kentosa

What fixed mechanism did you put on? having trouble as well

Barbara A.

Barbara A.asked

Only 18 months old. Got a puff of smoke and it stopped working? What could be the problem?

Jonathan A.asked

Where can do get new cylinder head piston and rings for a rebuild as motor has froze as mate didn’t use 2 stroke from new

It’s a rst210

Jim

Sorry Jonathan I don’t know. Its a discontinued model so it’s probably gonna be hard to find parts for it.

Nitesh

Niteshasked

How to remove the whole head of MAKITA ER2650LH ???

Jim

Hi Nitesh, I took my one to a shop where they changed it, so I can’t answer your question, sorry about.

LuckySam

Above the guard you will see a small hole of the round silver alloy tube, put a very small screw driver in the hole while turning the head slowly. The screw driver will suddenly go further into the hole. The shaft will now be locked, simply turn the plastic head anti clockwise to remove the head.

Get an answer from our members and Makita representatives