Malaban Wash Concentrate

Malaban Wash Concentrate Questions & Answers

35 questions from our users

Anna S.

Anna S.asked

Hi there, I have two questions. I have just dunked my chickens in a dilute of malaban 10ml to 1ltr of water, according to an expert at my local chicken shop (which is now closed for the weekend). Thereafter, I saw that the solution expired 6 months ago. Does anyone have a sense of whether it still might've been effective? I have small concerns (small as it seems unlikely) that the chemicals might become more potent or change with time to become more harmful somehow... Secondly, the water I dunked them in and the others bucket of water that started fresh and then became slightly contaminated throughout, what is the best way to dispose of this?

Thanks in advance.

Yvonne

Yvonneasked

Spraying fowls

Jillian M.

Jillian M.asked

How long should the horse be kept off the grass where the dogs and kennels were washed?

Leesa Martyn

Leesa Martynasked

Hi Is Malaban the same as Gamma wash?? Can it be used on horses? thanx

Paul B.

Paul B.asked

Can i use malaban wash for yeast infection in dogs paws

darren b.

darren b.asked

How long will it last in a bottle pre mixed

Sarah

Ive never purchased a pre mix maliban wash. It's just as easy to dilute the original with water.

victor

victorasked

can i use malaban wash on humans for nits

Judy M.

Judy M.asked

After spraying the ground how long before the dogs can be on it

Tarnie

Tarnieasked

How many ml per litre do I use for back yard use to rid of fleas

Sarah

I use about half a cap full with about 2 cups of water per dog. Then I just swab them with a household sponge and pour the rest over but I try not to get it in their eyes as it stings them. I have put some in a spray bottle but I find drenching them the best.

Shel
Shel

Do you then rinse it off Sarah??

Coralie W.
Coralie W.

sprau your yard with it ,I did

bianca l.

bianca l.asked

I've sprayed my carpets and house with dililuted malawash how long should I wait before I let 5 week old pup back in please?

Kjr

Kjrasked

Can malaban be used on rabbits

Aydin S

Aydin Sasked

Hey I brought malaban for sarcoptic mange and it doesn't say to was it off or not just wondering if it would my my dogs skin at all?

Julie Maher
Julie Maher

I pretty sure you wash it off.
It would eventually burn.

Alby Dee
Alby Dee

The above reviewer believes it gave her dog cancer. I suppose desperate times call for desperate measures. I used to use this a while back but it's like pouring turps on the dog. It's going to work but may have a high health cost. Directions probably state to pour it over and leave it but remember that you are dealing with a poisonous chemical

Benny

Bennyasked

Can I use it on my small dog for mange treatment?

Jaymee F

Jaymee Fasked

I have a large avarice with a lot of birds but there is a lice/mite problem can I spray entire cage with birds inside also have free range cooks is it safe to spray the yard when they are out?

Margaret G

Margaret Gasked

Can i wash my dog with this product> She is nursing puppies at the moment? Fleas dont seem to be the problem but her fur is thinning in some areas. Will this product hurt her puppies?

Paulene

Pauleneasked

Hi is Malayan the same as Gamma Wash?

Bronwyn Beazley

Bronwyn Beazleyasked

Hi there. I just purchased some Malaban wash to treat for fleas in my yard and garage. I have placed garden lime all around the yard and garage floor as well. My question is will these 2 products react with each other and cause dramas ?? I tried calling the poison info line but they had not heard of line being used as a flea treatment. An old farmer told me years ago it would work. It has to a certain extent. But not on the concrete. Any info would be appreciated. I don’t want to inhale anything or cause harm to my dogs or my rental house. Thanks for your time

Garry g

hi Bronwyn flees are a natural part of the outside environment. we try to control our inside environment. so I would use malaban for the dogs and flee bombs for your house and garage.
garry.

Shona Lea

Shona Leaasked

My chooks and ducks are covered in fleas. Am i able to spray them with diluted malawash, being careful not to get in their eyes of course?

Garry g

hi shona This product controls 'red mites&lice in aviaries&lofts. do not use on your birds.you will have to treat them with a suitable insecticide. garry.

shez
shez

my 22 chooks have stick tight fleas, a stock feed store in Northam WA recommended Malaban Wash to treat the problem...what a joke and complete waste of time. YES garry you are very correct in your reply to shona ' this product controls red mites and lice' NO STICK TIGHT FLEES! Hours of wasted time catching 22 chooks swabbing their eye lids, cones and wattles 3 times in 3 weeks.

Helen

Helenasked

Is this product safe?

Countrylife71
Countrylife71

Here are the safety directions on the bottle. It's made me reluctant to use this product.

Malaban Wash: SAFETY DIRECTIONS: This product is poisonous if absorbed by skin contact or inhaled or swallowed. Avoid
contact with eyes and skin. Avoid breathing vapour or spray mist. When preparing and using the product wear
elbow length PVC gloves. When using in enclosed areas wear a face shield. If product on skin, immediately wash
area with soap and water. If product in eyes, wash it out immediately with water. After use and before eating,
drinking or smoking, wash hands, arms and face thoroughly with soap and water.
Do not use under puppies or kittens under 3 months of age.

I've tried the natural mix of water, borax and hydrogen peroxide and also apple cider vinegar. Both of these concoctions have helped my dogs, their skin has cleared up but it's taking a while. You'll have to weigh up the pros and cons, as it does seem to be a successful immediate treatment.
Not sure about long term poisoning effects...if it's poisonous by absorption through the skin of humans, wouldn't that apply to dogs? Just a thought.

S.Casked

A friend just used this to treat her kids head lice was it safe to use? I thought it was only for animals

hi s'c

first time I have heard of this.not some thing I would do. let me know her results.
garry g

S.C

She said it worked a treat .......she used a very small amount ..