Malaysia Airlines

Malaysia Airlines Questions & Answers

19 questions from our users

Hansrudi Brawand

Hansrudi Brawandasked

has malaysia airlines premium economy seats on flights from Perth AUS to Zurich?

Robby

Robbyasked

Do you only have to pay for your seats if you select in advance or is it free if you select at online check in, 48 hour before your flights?

Todd
Todd

I selected them for free online at purchase I'm sure you should be able to select be for flying if not give the a call they will do it over the phone. I rang perth airport services and got a contact number off them they answer straight away. Hope that helps

Mee

Meeasked

If I’m flying from Hanoi to Auckland with Malaysia airlines how much spirits am I allowed to take in my checked on luggage before I have to pay duty? Some places say 5 L some places say 1L , Thankyou

Phyo E

Phyo Easked

My boss got e ticket from Malaysia Airline for his flight on 24.August.18 from Yangon to Malaysia.And return on 27 . But he got a notification for the flight time change and he's not ok with that. I tried to call their call center but their phones are busy. Where can I ask if he can change his flight? can someone gave me their email address.

Neetiebones

Neetiebonesasked

Yikes! I have just read reviews after booking a trip on Malaysian airlines, and would like to know about any positive experiences? 2 families are travelling from Adelaide to KL, then KL to Bali, have never flown with them before. Can anyone shed some light on this trip?

410jmp
410jmp

We travelled on 3 and 9 June 2018. Sydney to KL return. Had no problems on flights. Food and crew really nice except one rude male. Plane was clean. Movies okay. Not the latest but close to it. Flight home on 9 June 9.05am cancelled. Put on later flight 11.45pm. Advised of this on 31.5.18 so not a problem. Both flights on A380. I think all depends on the flight crew.

Suzanne

Suzanneasked

MH flight from Aust then MH flight to Langkawi with only 1hr 45 conect do I have to collect my luggage for immigration and re check it in to Langkawi also do I stay in the same airport

Happy

Happyasked

hi..can I add on my luggage after I checked in?

stop33

Why not ask the airline?

Raman Sabharwal

Raman Sabharwalasked

I am traveling on 7oct 2017,how much baggage allow in mh191 to Delhi to Bali (2 person +1infint) 23kg each bag luggage allow 1parson or 12+11kg 2 bag allow +infant how much luggage allow, how much cm bag luggage size allow. My email address is [email removed]

stop33

Why not ask the airline, or look it up on the website?

Kay

Kayasked

Can I take water on flight bought in duty free shop?

Sam
Sam

They may not allow to take water into the flight.But sometimes there may be a chance that you can take in.

Selenaasked

I've booked with Malaysia for return flights Melbourne to Phuket with a stop over of 3 hours in KL. after reading all the reviews I'm scared I've made a terrible mistake. I'm flying economy not business and was basically talked into flying with them by the travel agent. I'm leaving at 11.50pm at night in about 4 weeks.
Should I upgrade to business class and how much is the expected cost?

Dan1968
Dan1968

What are you worried about. They're a good airline nothing to worry about. I've used them.heaps of times. Always good. Just remember people are more likely to write about a bad experience than a good one.

Robert C
Robert C

Their inflight service whether economy or business is good. It is the Enrich membership which is useless. Do not waste time to join. Most of the promotions they cater only for Malaysian or those residing there. So as foreigner we do not get much benefit. Just waste of time

John

Johnasked

I have booked with Malaysia Airline to fly to KL from Perth on the 1st June 2016.
I cannot review my flight details with the 5 digit code given to me by the travel agent as it comes up with an error and gives me a number to ring. I have tried this for two days. I cannot find a "Contact Us" facility anywhere on their web site. Does anyone know how to contact Malaysia Airlines via internet please?

AFK
AFK

Its late in the day but i just thought i would add my comment. We used to have the same problem all the time. Had to ring in the end. Not good.

Zafférano

Zafféranoasked

I'm planning to get a flight for two with MA for my connecting flight in KL , in my trip to HK which gonna be around 4 hours of flight according to the info they got me

I found a very cheap price for their economy flight which I believe are such a bargain, but do any of you think it would be that worth it to get Malaysian Airline's economy other than wasting my money in value airliners with their small leg room? (yes I'm a budget traveller)

Rastus
Rastus

Hi Zafférano, a four hour flight I could put up with. I did find their seats very hard after two hours into the flight, BUT if the price is right, I could survive for four hours.

HarmanJot Chahal

HarmanJot Chahalasked

Hello everyone ☺️
I'm going to fly in Malaysian Airlines on 20th of June from Brisbane,Australia to India. Everyone in my friend circle is saying that this airline is not safe to travel with.
I'm really scared.
What you people say about travelling with this airline?

someone444
someone444

There is nothing wrong with them, flown them before (yes, after the tragedies) and everything was smooth, great food, the selection of films is very good, however, do expect delays of over an hour (you don't really need to prepare anything).

MARY0606

MARY0606asked

How full are the flights sydney to london these days on malaysian economy? flew with them a couple of years ago found them good

Jodie
Jodie

The London to Kuala Lumpur leg (either direction) is reasonably empty so you have room to stretch but once u do the change over in Kuala Lumpur the plane is packed

n/a

n/aasked

Why do you advertise return airfares? You fares should be one-way, people do not return and your airline do seem to care and you government for that matter too, very ignorant of the rest of the worlds concern!!!!!

Elena
Elena

I'm so glad to put my feedback to never fly with MAS two years ago. It was read by a thousand people and may be someone is still alive thanks to my review.
Malaysia Airlines: Never again.

anita.dinde

anita.dindeasked

Is fresh cows milk allowed? Does the cabin crew assist you with warming it?

Deep
Deep

Sorry dear.. I have no idea...

Suven

Suvenasked

What help do we get to wheel chair accessed passengers??

tee
tee

I would never fly on this airline after the recent missing flight.

Helen

Helenasked

I booked MAS ticket for my son to Melbourne, never use this airline before usually SQ. After read all the reviews, I'm terrified about the service, delayed, etc most of them have bad reviews. I should read the reviews before i booked, but it's too late now, I hope my son enjoy his overnight flight. I hope MAS read all this reviews and upgrade the quality of the service.

dean garnett

You won't have a issue . I have travelled many times with Malysia Airlines and have just booked another flight to London . I do fly business class and find the food and cabin staff outstanding and the age of there planes to be new . Maybe some of the people who have had a winge need to have a look at themselves .

Rietz
Rietz

and some others like you perhaps need to get off your high horse.

Edensmumasked

Hello all,
We have just booked MAS and I am an avid reader of airline reviews on many different forums.
I was under the belief that MAS was one of the worlds top class airlines.
I am so dissapointed to read differently. Does anyone have anything good to say about them?
I am so mcuh looking forward to my holiday and I aaways love the experience right from arriving at the airport to boarding the aircraft in the belief it's going to be an unreal experience.
I certainly hope that thing are rectifies before we fly :/

dean garnett

you well be fine .Great airline .

Edensmum

Thanks Dean, not long to go now :)

marcus osborne
marcus osborne

Don't forget to let us know if your expectations were met!