Malaysia Airlines

Malaysia Airlines (page 2 of 2)

• Seat Room
  • Food
  • In-Flight Service
  • In-Flight Entertainment
nataliepr

natalieprNSW, 2111

Good

I have found Malaysia to be slightly better than Qantas in service and have now used them a few times to Asia and the UK - in deciding between them I would go on price. The food is a bit of an issue on longer flights as I get very bad jetlag which is made worse if I am starving.
Friendly staff; Hot towels on departure; Newer entertainment systems on the bigger planes allow you to select what you want to watch when you want to watch them
I haven't been a big fan of the food; On my first trip to the UK in 2004 (4 legs) my entertatinment system didn't work properly on 3 of the 4 - very annoying when you aren't good at sleeping on a plane! Since then I've had no problems.

LittleBirdy

LittleBirdyVictoria, 3204

Good

I've flown with Malaysia Airlines a few times, mainly to Malaysia. Everything's perfect, except for some delays! It's very comfortable and there are a lot of movies and TV shows to watch in flight. The staff make it such a pleasant experience, they're the best staff out of all the plane companies I've flown on (not many) !
The service is fantastic, there are friendly people that help you throughout the flight. A very reliable airline that provides in flight entertainment, and it's comfortable.
The occasional delays - they're so frustrating! It's just a waste of time and makes you cranky, especially when you're tired and have been waiting for hours.

sabrahams

sabrahamsWA, 6069

Good

Overall I enjoyed flying Malaysian Airlines. I have only used them on one return trip from Perth to Penang and found them to be on time and have friendly staff. The food was okay and the inflight service was also okay. Nothing spectacular but certainly the standard that I would expect in economy class. The plane was clean and toilets were kept clean throughout the journey. On the flight from Perth to KL the inflight entertainment system wasn't working which was inconvenient as I was travelling with a child.
Friendly staff and competitive ticket prices
Inflight entertainment didn't work on one sector

International Airlines

Find out how Malaysia Airlines compares to other International Airlines

tzelyn

tzelyn

BFC_Psym

BFC_Psym

Good

Highly recommended for long haul, but do not use the domestic service - Malaysia Airlines has a very bad name locally for good reason.
Excellent long haul service, one of the best in the world. Very good for tall people as they are one of just a few airlines which give 34" of leg room to all economy (most offer 32" or even 31"). Good entertainment unit on the newly fitted 747s. Food is above average. Friendly and helpful staff throughout the whole process.
Domestic service is a world apart from the international one, so avoid short haul flights. Some of the craft in the fleet are getting on a bit.

gwater

gwater

Good

Good company to fly with, very nice to children, good service and good food . There is not a lot of choice in of the cities you can fly to in Europe . THe price is reasonable and affordable.
Good company to fly with , good service
Stopped flying to some European destinations

DeLee

DeLeeSydney, NSW

Good

I thought that Malaysian Airlines is an excellent airline with fantastic service and in seat movie screens but I did have a client (I am a travel agent) who was travelling home from Sabah (Borneo) in their family of 5 and inspite of being booked all together the airline seperated the family, including the youngest child aged about 10 years.
1 Stop airline to Europe. Excellent asian service

Debstar

Debstar

Good

I would recommend Malaysia Airlines to anyone. I was able to pre book my seats for each and every direction. All of the staff, from phone to airline were fantastic. Some of the smaller planes are a bit cramped but you can walk around now and again.
My family flew to KL/Phuket in April 06 from Perth. Great service. Each and every steward/ess were lovely. The food wasn't too bad for airline food. Arrived and departed on time.
The entertainment system on the back of each seat (economy) wasn't working at first. It took at least 1 hour to get it right. Kids were looking forward to this bit for the whole time. We only had a plane with this entertainment system on the way back from Phuket on a 777.

sales-pr13399

sales-pr13399

Good

I love to fly with Malaysia airlines they are always my pick, have a great reward programe too which helps us travel more often
the food (YES i like some plane food) Movies, service
Not a thing

International Airlines

Find out how Malaysia Airlines compares to other International Airlines

Hansrudi Brawand

Hansrudi Brawandasked

has malaysia airlines premium economy seats on flights from Perth AUS to Zurich?

Robby

Robbyasked

Do you only have to pay for your seats if you select in advance or is it free if you select at online check in, 48 hour before your flights?

Todd
Todd

I selected them for free online at purchase I'm sure you should be able to select be for flying if not give the a call they will do it over the phone. I rang perth airport services and got a contact number off them they answer straight away. Hope that helps

Mee

Meeasked

If I’m flying from Hanoi to Auckland with Malaysia airlines how much spirits am I allowed to take in my checked on luggage before I have to pay duty? Some places say 5 L some places say 1L , Thankyou