Malindo Air

Malindo Air Questions & Answers

18 questions from our users

GARRY

GARRYasked

was booked to go to Bali on the 10/10/2020 , cannot find any info re if has been canceled due to covid19..any
info would be appreciated

SallyDasked

Malindo Air is permanently cancelling flight from Sydney to Bali from 31 May 2020 and Adelaide to Bali later in the year. Has anyone been notified or received a refund - not Covid-19 related as this is a permanent change to their flight routes. I booked 6 return flights for Christmas 2020 on 27 Feb 2020 which I think is probably illegal of Malindo Air to sell flights after a date of a permanent cancellation is known. Will be taking this up with ACCC.

Rohan De Fonseka
Rohan De Fonseka

I booked a return flight in April 2020 and Malindo cancelled the flight from KL to Colombo before the travel ban and they are refusing to refund. They are only offering a travel voucher. I will speak to my travei insurance to see if I could get them to pay me out on this.

Monica
Monica

I booked a flight from Sydney to Bali for Sep 2020 and was notified in Mar 2020 that the flights would be cancelled and refund issued within 30 days. Still have yet to see the refund after 49 days. Just been told two more weeks every time I call. Now they just hang up on me.

Hi Monica
Thanks for letting me know. Did they say the route was cancelled Syd to Dps In the email that they sent you?
So far they haven’t admitted it publicly.
I only just booked my 6 return flights on 27 February - can believed they took my booking when they planned to cancel route. I might try calling as well.
Many Thanks Sally

Annette Rasked

Why won’t you give our money back

Tracey

I want my money refunded malindo air owe me

Annette Rasked

Our flight Brisbane to Bali has been cancelled 30March -10 April why can’t we get our money refunded. told we will get a credit to fly within next twelve months,with the current world crisis who knows if we can travel within next 12 months. Money back now rebook when crisis is over.

Tracey

Annette I'm fighting with them to get a cash refund I don't want a travel voucher, they cancelled on us we never cancelled so I feel full refund is the only option.

Annette R

Totally agree have sent several emails received no response. We paid cash want it back.Travel voucher not acceptable who knows when people can travel again. Refund cash now people need money now as many have lost jobs

Nik
Nik

Yupp... im in the same boat.. we do not need the credit to fly again in 12months.
Plus to pay a cancellation fee. Through a third party in my case i booked through travel2be
And they charging 30euros to cancel n forget bout everything..or. keep the ticket for 12months..
Malindo did agree to refund but its the third party
That dont wanna co operate....
Selfish. Very selfish

Margaret S.

Margaret S.asked

Does Perth to Bali and return have inflight movies and do you get any snacks thanks

Steve G.

Steve G.asked

They have started flying out from Sydney. Are the reviews any better?

Charlie

Charlieasked

Does Sydney-Bali flight have inflight entertainment?

Antonio
Antonio

Summer
Summer

Yes but take your own earphones.

Kev

Kevasked

Anyone flown the new Sydney to Bali route on Malindo Air.
Feedback?

TCs

TCsasked

I can see that luggage of 20kg is included in the outbound flight but not on the return flight but I dont see anywhere to add the luggage for return and how much this would cost?

Jade B.

Jade B.asked

When flying with a baby do you need to ask for specific seating?

Patrick K.
Patrick K.

i can't answer for this cause I didnt fly with this. when you purchase a seat, there shall be infant for child something.

nil71

nil71asked

how is MELBOURNE TO BALI FLIGHT

Brian John W.

Brian John W.asked

What carrier on baggage on way home from Bali

Brian John W.

Brian John W.asked

When returning from Bali do you get 7 or 10 kl cary on

Donna
Donna

I’m pretty sure it was 7kg carry on. Why is that Brian?

Julie M.
Julie M.

Hi it's 7kgs carry in. 30kgs in baggage.

Kawaljit

Kawaljitasked

Kawaljit kaur
4 days ago i have added a review but no one have any explanation regarding my review.

Kaye B

I agree wholeheartedly with your review after my bad experience with Malindo!

Big bill

Big billasked

Leg room for six foot six male

Kaye B

Big Bill - I am 5’ 6” and was fine but I think you would have problems unless they have seats with more legroom.

Aldo

Aldoasked

Do all flights from Melbourne to Denpasar have onboard entertainment & which aircraft model flys this route.

sharen

sharenasked

Can I buy malindo air duty free products somewhere else as not flying again and want something for my daughter?

Hoang H

Hoang Hasked

Can someone have experience travel with an infant with Malindo Air! Please share with me!!! Thank you

steve
steve

My wife went via Perth to KL then to Vietnam (HCMC) and she had a good flight with our 4 month old son ( October 2017). As most flights from Perth to KL/Vietnam are not completely full she was given 2 seats all the way. The air fight crew were very helpful in this regard.
We are going to fly again in September 2018 and will fly Malindo again as the transit times are also perfect, and we never had an issue on the past flights.

We how ever used Singapore air on return fights due to better transit times back to Perth. Booking and paying fights were very easy for our E Tickets.