Malindo Air

Malindo Air (page 2 of 5)

• Seat Room
  • Food
  • In-Flight Service
  • In-Flight Entertainment
  • Wi-Fi

Paul

PaulMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

No refunds for cancelled flights

They first told me would get cash refund but then say they are giving in form of travel voucher. Poor service. They only give option of six months from October which is useless.

Anyway if you want cash bank tell bank they refuse to refund they will do a chargeback.

Malindo cancelled the flight and were going to refund in 30 days

As Malindo cancelled the flight from KL to Colombo the customer service wanted me to go on line and put a refund request. They have changed their mind and now have sent a voucher to be redeemed in 6 months. This was not what was said before. I don't think I will fly with them again.

Lucy Haiquel

Lucy Haiquel

Refund

I bought a flight tick on Jetabroad website.
Was a flight with Malindo Air on the 23/04 from Brisbane to Bali and a return ticket on the 04/04. I got a message on the 20/03 saying my flight was cancelled, so I contact Jetaboard and they said the only option I had was a voucher and not a refund, because that was what Malindo airline ofer, if I wanted a refound I had to contact Malindo. I have being trying to contact they for days! And os being impossible! If they canceled my flight is mu right to get a refound!

Worst customer service

It's like talking to a brick wall. Trying to get a refund of cancelled flights booked through an agent. Was just asking them if they've received payments and no one responded to 4 emails I've sent them.

Malindo Air - refund policy

Does anyone on this forum know if we can get a refund from Malindo Air now the government has banned travel or do we wait until the airline cancels. We had booked to go to Bali next month. Thank you

Worst service

I had booked flights for my parents.
After a week they had mailed that the flight is cancelled and the time is changed.
After 1 more week they changed the time and extended the transit time from 2 hrs to 14 hrs in Malaysia.
When I spoke to the call centre I had requested at least to organise a wheelchair for them, they insisted to pay for it. Even after paying for the meals and wheelchair nothing was organised.
They didn’t provide food for both flights and also wheelchair.
This Airline is given worst experience in time of need.
Never recommend this airlines which cannot be trusted. Cannot even imagine these people running Airlines saving money by not providing food for the customers who has already paid.
Shame on you

TraceyNorth Western Region, NSW

Cancelled flight

I was notified today that our flight to Bali in June has been cancelled, I contacted malindo air and they went step by step with me through the refund process and told me I'm entitled to a full refund as they cancelled but I don't understand why this takes 30 days. Will see how long it does take as I wish to book with another carrier.

Flights cancelled and poor customer service

Flights cancelled, phone disconnects after you’re out on hold, no response to emails and no mention of when refund will come through, or if it will. Makes me sober if they are still solvent..

TAX

TAXPerth, WA

REFUND FOR CANCELLED FLIGHT

Malindo cancelled two flights KUL CMB AND CMB KUL in April 2020. They sent two emails to notify and wanted us to go to the website and apply for refund. Refund request was acknowledged and no further communication received. When I call them they said that it take 30 days for a refund to be processed.
They cancelled the flight and they should credit the funds back to the credit card that was used for the transactions. Not only did they cancel the flight for me they are still selling this flight online. I would like to put this review for other travellers to know that they use our funds for over 30 days from the time of booking to cancellation plus another 30 days

Emm

EmmSydney, NSW

Worst Airline Ever!!!

Do not book with Malindo Air!!!Worst customer service ever!!!! They rescheduled our flights twice so now we're not able to go anymore!! When we asked for a refund they said that it would take minimum 30 days to even process the refund request!?!???! Getting the money back (if refund is approved although they messed up) can take up to 3 months!!! Never booking with Malindo Air again!!!!

Ronzinho

RonzinhoCaloundra

Thieves and liars

Malindo seriously SUCKS

Booked a flight to Bali Denpasar. It was changed 12 hours that resulted in an extreme change in plans, they said they offered a refund but it had to be for the return trip also. HOWEVER, i had to collect from a third party website which made it unknown when or if i would get my money back. I asked for compensation for added free baggage and they outright declined and the person laughed. Extremely disappointed in this airline. Also waited on the phone for ages.

Be kind and you will receive kindness

We booked 2 flights recently and for some kind of reason the system changed the dates we selected without us noticing it. After payment we realised it was the wrong month. We had to call several times with Malindo, but in the end they helped us well and changed the date at no extra cost. Thank you Malindo, we are looking forward to fly with you.

olivia

oliviaSydney, NSW

Avoid this airline

We booked a ticket to Bali long before the breakout of coronavirus. Indonesia placed hold on visa free travel on China passport holder. Due to the fact we can't even get into the country, we contacted Malindo airline for refund or credit (so we could travel later). They refused to do so and give me bad attitude over the phone.

V12RR

V12RRGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Corona Virus is preventing me from travelling yet Malindo refuses to refund my ticket

I had trade shows to attend in India which have all been suspended due to Corona Virus. At the time of booking the Corona Virus was not an issue for these events.

I have contacted Malindo and asked for a refund given:

1. There is no point going because everything has been postponed and
2. The Australian government cannot guarantee I will be allowed back into Australia without first going into quarantine for 14 days.

Other airlines I was booked to travel with gave me a full refund without hesitation.

Malindo Air is a disgrace because they wish to profit from the situation created by the Corona Virus.

Abby

Abby

horrible airline

Very irresponsible airline, they Delayed my bags for more than 48 hours and didn’t respond to emails till date. I didn’t have a clue where my bags were or what was being done. No apologies from them. No courtesy of explaining nor did they compensate for the expenses. Will never travel with them again. Flight wasn’t great either on one way didn’t have entertainment where as they said they would have! The food was terrible on flight! I wish they do something about it.

Jack A.

Jack A.Sydney, NSW

Worst airline ever

Worst airline ever. Please anyone thinking of booking malindo airline, don't buy the tickets. Poor service, they don't even care about you. The food is disgusting, I got food posion. It's not like other airlines, most of the food and drinks you have to purchase them. They will only give you a small container food and water. Also no blanket or pillow and headphone. The plane is very small for a long journey. Overall this airline shouldn't be there, so I am telling everyone avoid this airline. I wish knew this airline was bad before purchasing the ticket.

Food

I hope I can give 0 star.

My flight from SYD to DPS, I didn't realized return flight is included checked baggage and other way ticket doesn't. Fair enough, it's affordable airline and they always try to make extra. So, I was willing to pay pre-booked baggage which is $95 aud for 20kg. But, they don't actually allow me to purchase it due to I've been checked in online. So, I contact to customer service to fix this but, they denied.
Total amount which I gotta pay for 20kg checked baggage based on extra weight rate is $400 aud. I gotta pay $700 round ticked + $400 for baggage.
I've been traveled with major airlines such as Qantas, Qatar, Korean Air etc. and never had problem before. Cheap flight won't betray you. They are f..in ripper !!! Stay away Aussies

Chali

ChaliSydney, NSW

Cheap only to Bali not to other cities

My flight was from Sydney to Surabaya, Indonesia. When I made the booking, it didn’t explained on website that my add on luggage only to Denpasar Bali and I have to pay at the airport from Denpasar to Surabaya...how ridiculous was that? I was in anger of topping it up with the price of more expensive than Garuda..except you will not getting gourmet food and drink with Malindo! Grrr...never again! I should get compensation from this!!! Grrrrr

Rude Staff, Could not understand safety briefing

GARRY

GARRYasked

was booked to go to Bali on the 10/10/2020 , cannot find any info re if has been canceled due to covid19..any
info would be appreciated

SallyDasked

Malindo Air is permanently cancelling flight from Sydney to Bali from 31 May 2020 and Adelaide to Bali later in the year. Has anyone been notified or received a refund - not Covid-19 related as this is a permanent change to their flight routes. I booked 6 return flights for Christmas 2020 on 27 Feb 2020 which I think is probably illegal of Malindo Air to sell flights after a date of a permanent cancellation is known. Will be taking this up with ACCC.

Rohan De Fonseka

I booked a return flight in April 2020 and Malindo cancelled the flight from KL to Colombo before the travel ban and they are refusing to refund. They are only offering a travel voucher. I will speak to my travei insurance to see if I could get them to pay me out on this.

Monica
Monica

I booked a flight from Sydney to Bali for Sep 2020 and was notified in Mar 2020 that the flights would be cancelled and refund issued within 30 days. Still have yet to see the refund after 49 days. Just been told two more weeks every time I call. Now they just hang up on me.

Hi Monica
Thanks for letting me know. Did they say the route was cancelled Syd to Dps In the email that they sent you?
So far they haven’t admitted it publicly.
I only just booked my 6 return flights on 27 February - can believed they took my booking when they planned to cancel route. I might try calling as well.
Many Thanks Sally

Annette R

Annette Rasked

Why won’t you give our money back

Tracey

I want my money refunded malindo air owe me