Malindo Air

Malindo Air (page 3 of 5)

• Seat Room
  • Food
  • In-Flight Service
  • In-Flight Entertainment
  • Wi-Fi

Niharika

NiharikaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst Airline. Never travel with Malindo.

Not Inexpensive just Cheap

They charge $77 just to have a name amended!!! No other changes , Passport number , Flight details all remained same, I spoke with customer service twice and they just declined the requests!!. Will pay more for a better airline always . #neverMalindo

Malinda T.

Malinda T.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

always late

i traveled to CMB to MEL.The booking flight (CMB to KUL)was late 2 hrs and because of that i missed the other (KUL TO MEL)flight.So I additionally paid money to another flight.while i was waiting another flight (12 hours) i heard that a lot of Malindor flights were late. Still they didn't pay my money and i advice this is not a affordable flight to travel .if you want to waste both of your money and time that is the only reason you wanna select this nonresponsible Malindor air.

Find out how Malindo Air compares to other International Airlines

Worst airline! Would not travel again with them!

Nic

NicSydney, NSW

AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

On the way from Sydney to Bali the flight wasn't too bad, you can't honestly expect much when you're paying a "low" price.
But on the way back from Denpasar ( Bali ) to Sydney on an OD171 flight the night started off with a one hour delay simply because there was absolute chaos on the gate just before boarding the plane with people from various destinations left confused as to where they were meant to go due to absolute disorganised staff. After a long flight with poor food and just cups of water, I finally arrived in Sydney only to wait one hour for my baggage and then to find out that the lock had been ripped out of my bag and the zipper had been torn apart, absolutely poor service never ever again flying with this airline again.
AVOID!

Worst experience ever

Helena

HelenaWestern Australia

Broken Seat Recliners

Service on board is good, but when it comes to contacting the customer service online they are slow to reply and havent solve the problem yet already 2 months waiting. I take Malindo regularly as they have good plane service, sitting space is better then AirAsia, but unfortunately i kept finding broken seat recliners. First one was on OD151, second was OD155. And the stewardess helped me find the one that arent broken. I realized they have more broken recliners then i thought, thought i was just unlucky. From Perth to Kuala Lumpur is almost 6hr. For me its very tiring to sit straight for 6hr especially im doing this trip frequently. I have send emails but so far, they have not come back to me. I'm a bit hesitant to go with Malindo now.

Don't hesitate to fly malindo

We just did a return trip from Sydney to Bali and couldn't be happier with our flights. The flight times are convenient ,particularly if you have to travel a few hours to get to the airport. Mid morning flight meant we were by the pool in the late afternoon. A late return flight essentially gave us a full day to play with. The hostesses looked after everyone , we were given hot meals on both flights and as much water as needed. Snacks can be purchased in $aust.

Mike

MikeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Pathetic customer service

Pathetic customer service. Please don’t fly with Malindo air.they have very bad aircraft, food was unhygienic. Toilets were not clean as well . Flight attendant was rude and nasty. ist and last time travelling with them

Service

Very poor service, the airline seem to leave customers so to pay extra. No customer service, totally unprofessional. Won't travel on it again, can't recommend. They should have some serious training.

agv185

agv185Sydney, NSW

Nice Surprise - Comfortable flight, Meal was excellent! Good staff!

A friend and I booked a ticket to Bali on Melindo. Notwistanding my doubts. I was instantly reassured by the appearance of the plane and the staff! So polite and helpful (can I also say attractive?). We weren't sure if we were going to receive a meal and when it arrived we were so plesantly surprised - one of the best airline foods we'd ever had! We both agreed it was a really nice flight and we would fly with them again.

Sanja

SanjaPerth, WA

Better than most full service flights

It is a low cost carrier but the service was brilliant. We flew from Perth to Kulala Lumpur, it is a fully serviced flight with a meal and drinks- alcohol included and the children loved that it had screens and in flight entertainment. I was impressed.

Antonio

Antonio

Couldn’t give less than 1 * unfortunately

Flight OD 171 Bali to Sydney Thursday 22/08 supposed to take off at 10.35pm, but we didn’t move till midnight.
Absolutely a disgrace of an airline, staff are rude and absolutely incompetent! The flight was late 2 hours and nobody ever mentioned or advice about the delays.

Food is pathetic and you cannot see a sign of customer service, staff members need some serious training in everything!

Plain old and dirty, no in-flight entertainment app or screen, a very expensive flight for a cheap and nasty airline.

Horrified traveller

Horrified travellerGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Staff from hell!

Luggage Broken

My luggage was broken. Applause to their staff of doing it. They use sticker to cover to broken part which it cannot be seem until I tear it down after I reach home. Who will notice the broken part when it was seal.

I cannot claim for the compensation.

I wrote email to them and no follow up at all. Until I call them up only tell me cannot claim. If there is a zero review, I would like to do so.

teza

tezaPerth, Western Australia

Garbage do not use this airline!!!

Garbage! Booked a flight after being told we could then pick our seats( family of 4) try to call to change and on hold 50+ minutes then give up! Try to cancel and they want $150pp

Louise

Louise

48 hour delay!

24 hour delay.. emailed 30 mins before check in.. next day.. emailed 30 minutes before check in.. another 24 hour delay. Staff failed to tell customers that the plane was more than likely not going to arrive and we should make other travel arrangements. When we finally were able to check in.. the system was down.. waited 45 minutes.. Missed 2.5 days of my holiday. I understand technical issues can not be avoided, the lack and poor communication is the issue here. We should have been advidsed to make other travel arrangements. Staff were getting abused at check in for the airlines incomptency and it was no their fault!! DO NOT FLY WITH THEM

A good Flight with Malindo from Melbourne to Bali return.

On time. Bali Flight. I flew from Melbourne to Bali return. No mishaps on time and budget airline so don't expect tea or coffee. Offered water in a cup only. Otherwise you could buy water and soft drinks. Comfortable seats and more leg room. Pillow supplied but need to supply own head phones. Had a safe and pleasant journey. Will travel with them again. A budget airline so don't expect too much. The meal was adequate and basic.

Remo

RemoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Does Malindo meet the international mark? Forget it!

The flight from Adelaide to Bali on 2/7/19 had its toilet leaking. No entertainment, rough and bumpy. Return flight had the entertainment screens but most of them were not working

Donna

DonnaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Horrible flight.

Horrible experience. Flight from Bali to Melbourne. 6hr trip with no entertainment options, none of the tv were working. No tea or coffee was offered but they announced over the pa that business class was offered hot beverages. I got a 1/4 of a plastic cup of water given. The hostesses looked like they did not want to be there. I was very uncomfortable and seating seemed to close for people to move slightly. Will never fly with Melindo Air again.

GARRY

GARRYasked

was booked to go to Bali on the 10/10/2020 , cannot find any info re if has been canceled due to covid19..any
info would be appreciated

SallyDasked

Malindo Air is permanently cancelling flight from Sydney to Bali from 31 May 2020 and Adelaide to Bali later in the year. Has anyone been notified or received a refund - not Covid-19 related as this is a permanent change to their flight routes. I booked 6 return flights for Christmas 2020 on 27 Feb 2020 which I think is probably illegal of Malindo Air to sell flights after a date of a permanent cancellation is known. Will be taking this up with ACCC.

Rohan De Fonseka
Rohan De Fonseka

I booked a return flight in April 2020 and Malindo cancelled the flight from KL to Colombo before the travel ban and they are refusing to refund. They are only offering a travel voucher. I will speak to my travei insurance to see if I could get them to pay me out on this.

Monica
Monica

I booked a flight from Sydney to Bali for Sep 2020 and was notified in Mar 2020 that the flights would be cancelled and refund issued within 30 days. Still have yet to see the refund after 49 days. Just been told two more weeks every time I call. Now they just hang up on me.

Hi Monica
Thanks for letting me know. Did they say the route was cancelled Syd to Dps In the email that they sent you?
So far they haven’t admitted it publicly.
I only just booked my 6 return flights on 27 February - can believed they took my booking when they planned to cancel route. I might try calling as well.
Many Thanks Sally

Annette R

Annette Rasked

Why won’t you give our money back

Tracey
Tracey

I want my money refunded malindo air owe me