Malindo Air

Malindo Air (page 4 of 5)

• Seat Room
  • Food
  • In-Flight Service
  • In-Flight Entertainment
  • Wi-Fi

Mattyc

MattycMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

$1800 out of pocket and on our way thank you scam air

Flight cancelled two hours before checkin and they gave us an alternative for another day, no compensation, impossible to speak to an competent call centre operator. We had to rebook for same day qantas which cost 900 to Bali one way, never again stay clear.. not enough bookings don’t expect to fly!!!

Kawaljit

KawaljitGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bad and horriable experience.

We fly in june from amritsar to melbourne.I am very much excited about my lives first air journey but malindo spoiled it .Two unexpected long delays are there.At denpasar me and my mom suffered a lot.I can't explain that experience in few words.from Bali , flight haven't provide us vegi meal bocz of 16 hrs delay we haven't any food at balli.Handle of one of the briefcase was found broken.I have complaint it on two or three sites but couldn't find any reply.Now i want to change my ticket date and again no one is taking it seriously and taking responsibility .I am very much irritated from the services.

Lisa

LisaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Do not use this airline

My flight was delayed by 14.5 hours and Malindo chose not to inform it's customers until they arrived at the airport even though Malindo knew about the delay the night before. I had to cancel and rebook with a different airline which was expensive and stressful. I will never use Malindo again.

Kaye B

Kaye BPerth

Baggage Damage Warning - Beware!

Pooya Zare

Pooya ZarePerth, WA

The worst airline ever

They canceled my ticket and feed me lies. It cost me double price of the ticket I bought with milando air and since then they don’t even take any responsibility

Surprisingly good experience !!!!!!

Flew from Adelaide to Bali with a family of 9 so cheaper option tickets were purchased so wasnt expecting any special treatment.
To our surprise there was more leg room than other airline, also entertainment which kept kids happy and then a meal option offered. Friendly ground staff and air hostesses , Wouldnt hesitate to fly with them again

Chris

ChrisPerth, WA

Like travelling in an inner city train in Bombay - Kuala Lumpur

Where do I start, In flight entertainment was not functional, there was only 2 meal options; spicy and spicer, the cabin was dirty with a foul odour throughout, although this could have been coming from the other passengers (refer to the title of my review). We were promised a baby bassinet several times prior to the flight including at check-in however were blind sighted at the Gate to allow for a row of 6 men to set together.
I've been flying through my entire life for work and pleasure and this has to be the worst airline I've come across, I'd save your money and fly budget or spend a few bucks more and fly a full fare airline, which Malindo masquerades around as.

jOLLYGOODTIME

jOLLYGOODTIMEPerth, WA

Pleasantly surprised

We flew with Malindo from Perth (1.20am) to Kuala Lumpa and then onto Phuket. Both our flights were on time, Check in was nice & easy, all staff nice & friendly and the food was not too bad. The free entertainment was also good. Seats were comfy and had a little bit of extra leg room. All in all we enjoyed our flights with Malindo & have booked with then again for August.

Andy

Andy

Worst airline keep away

We booked with an online travel agent who made a mistake and didn’t book our return flight. Therefore our holiday was cancel our flight. We organize baggage with malino for the flight over the phone. We contacted Malindo and they said terms and conditions state they won’t refund. We were never told about terms and conditions when we booked.
We will never fly malindo

Find out how Malindo Air compares to other International Airlines

Booked to fly from Brisbane to Bali return with my partner in March 2019..

I have flown with Malindo Air previously and it was OK...So recently I booked two tickets from Brisbane to Bali return for March 2019 which I paid for with my Visa card...About two weeks prior to the trip my partner had a family emergency and had to cancel..I was unable to cancel her ticket so my daughter decided to come to Bali with me, rather than waste a ticket..Contacted Malindo Air customer service 10 day prior to the depature date and was advised that they do not transfer tickers from one person to another regardless of the reason...I am disappointed because this policy seems very unfair...My booking reference XLPRKG..I cant upload my ticket details as this program doesnt allow me to access my screenshots or emails..

Amit

AmitPerth, WA

Sudden flight cancellation and no arrangement provided at airport and later on- no compensation provided

Sean

SeanPerth

Appalling value for money

Value for money

Have flown from Brisbane to Bali four times and have never had a problem. Food is typical airline food, staff friendly and very helpful. Only once did we have no flight entertainment but it didn't worry us as it was a return night flight so we just slept. Will be using them again in July.

Flight from hell

Bali to Brisbane. Food was unappetising. Staff were not helpful 1x water offered on a 7hr flight.
Not friendly. No TV no wifi but yet wanted top $ for their flights. Would NEVER flight with them again.

David Smith

David SmithCranbourne

Please don’t travel this Airline

We have booked through Travel Agent which was very comfortable and easy less priced as well, we booked the travel from Melbourne to KUL then KUL to Trichirapalli (Trichy ).
But starting from checkin went towards down hill

At last minute changed the gate number without information so we have to rebook the ticket

Kathy

Kathymelbourne

Not great at all

brizbnkr

brizbnkrBrisbane, Queensland

Multiple fails, proper budget airline

AWG

AWG

Stealing your luggage— horrible airways ever

Never trust them your luggage. Very unprofessional ground staff. Apparently they employe any idiot to work for them.

Horrible crews and all together ridiculous service.

Never never recommend it

My impression is that a bunch of idiots got together and hired a couple airplanes to run an airways. That is it

Shame on you Malindo

Michou

MichouNOUMEA

don't let you luggage cause you will never see it again

Luke Gallagher

Luke GallagherCraigieburn

Worst Airline Ever!! Avoid at all costs!!!!

Review collected in partnership with Malindo Air

GARRY

GARRYasked

was booked to go to Bali on the 10/10/2020 , cannot find any info re if has been canceled due to covid19..any
info would be appreciated

SallyDasked

Malindo Air is permanently cancelling flight from Sydney to Bali from 31 May 2020 and Adelaide to Bali later in the year. Has anyone been notified or received a refund - not Covid-19 related as this is a permanent change to their flight routes. I booked 6 return flights for Christmas 2020 on 27 Feb 2020 which I think is probably illegal of Malindo Air to sell flights after a date of a permanent cancellation is known. Will be taking this up with ACCC.

Rohan De Fonseka
Rohan De Fonseka

I booked a return flight in April 2020 and Malindo cancelled the flight from KL to Colombo before the travel ban and they are refusing to refund. They are only offering a travel voucher. I will speak to my travei insurance to see if I could get them to pay me out on this.

Monica
Monica

I booked a flight from Sydney to Bali for Sep 2020 and was notified in Mar 2020 that the flights would be cancelled and refund issued within 30 days. Still have yet to see the refund after 49 days. Just been told two more weeks every time I call. Now they just hang up on me.

Hi Monica
Thanks for letting me know. Did they say the route was cancelled Syd to Dps In the email that they sent you?
So far they haven’t admitted it publicly.
I only just booked my 6 return flights on 27 February - can believed they took my booking when they planned to cancel route. I might try calling as well.
Many Thanks Sally

Annette R

Annette Rasked

Why won’t you give our money back

Tracey
Tracey

I want my money refunded malindo air owe me