Malindo Air

Malindo Air (page 5 of 5)

• Seat Room
  • Food
  • In-Flight Service
  • In-Flight Entertainment
  • Wi-Fi

I had a comfortable journey with them

Their service was good. Friendly atmosphere. Food was nice as well. Very helpful crews. Entertainment system was good as well.

Sanju

SanjuPerth, WA

I would say insane; Beware of such providers. Poor service

I would say insane; Beware of such providers. Poor service, inadequate facilities, no actions customer service; even refused to give some hot water for a little baby to make feedings. They charging now like other major airlines and no longer economical, lessened luggage, and you can experience the worse service.

Damned

Damned

Only if you have to....

Troy A

Troy AMelbourne

Awful airline

Malindo was extremely disappointing. Unclean cabin, uncomfortable seats, poor service and items stolen from luggage and they lost a bag. Flight from bali to melbourne. Single worst airline we have ever flown with.

Great value for Price

I have flowen atleast 4 times in Malindo Airlines from Mumbai-Perth-Mumbai. The flight is great.Seats are comfortable and service offered is better than the reasonable price. This time I had great experience as I was pregnant and they offered me great service. I was dropped till the gate at Perth airport. Flight was delayed so they offered us stay and food which was not bad and I would say it is kind of them to take care of us. I would recommend Malindo airline for those looking for reasnable price and good service. Well done Malindo Airlines.

Drick

DrickGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

So bad, they weren't even trying.

The flights were booked online and are probably the only positive aspect of our trip with malindo air.
We flew from Melbourne to Bal in August & back in September and both flights were terrible. The customer service was very poor, and the we rarely saw any staff moving around the cabin. The entertainment had an outdated & limited selection which seemed to freeze and glitch quite often, on both flights. The meals were bad even for aircraft fare. On the return flight I was at the front of the plane and the staff refused to let people use the front toilets even though there was nobody in business class.
I've flown a lot over the years and would rate both of these flights as maybe the worst.

Disgusting customer service

After calling and being on hold for 10 minutes three times (it cuts off after a certain time!) I was told that I could not book seats for a party together until I get to the airport. Basically I may have to sit apart from my child. The person I spoke to had poor English and rudely sighed when she couldn't understand the numbers I read out. Unable to cancel flights now, feel like I have been completely misinformed and has added unwelcomed stress to what was supposed to be a pleasant family holiday. Never again.

Remdawg

Remdawg

Terrible

Has got to be the worse airline ever in terms of efficiency and delay. Terrible customer service. Staff does not speak English and will tell you what you want to hear just so you leave them alone.
Missed connecting flights through the same company (Batik air, Malindo, Lion air) and they wouldn’t pay for any hotel to accommodate us for 14 hours. Missed the next day of work which of course is not going to be refunded. Not a single apology or explanation during this very stressful situation. Have been left drained by this experience and will not be flying with them again. Better off spending a little bit more on a different airline and get to your destination on time.

PMK

PMKPerth

Worst airline ever

My mom requested a wheelchair facility and paid for it from Perth to Sri lanka. In Malaysia the flight had been cancelled and delayed for 8 hours.Then they have not given my mom wheel chair and she had to carry all her luggage and walk to next flight.Once she landed to Srilanka she had to admit hospital for knee pains. We spent lot of money due to this negligence of Malindo. Will never travel or let any friends to use Malindo. Worst airline.

RKS

RKSPerth

Few details.

We purchased “premium economy” as the offer was - economy, premium economy and business class all 3 classes were priced accordingly. Please don’t expect any difference in - i.e. flight check in, boarding or other ”premium” expectations, besides a little bit of extra legroom(between normal economy and premium”! Secondly, the entire 5hrs and 45mins (from Kuala Lumpur to Perth)flight has only 2 toilets at the rear of the aircraft for the use of entire “premium economy” and economy.

Poor customer service

After trying to resolve a refund claim and only wish to find out if it is rejected or not, due to lack of confidence for change of date request. It has now been six months with a very generic "We are looking into the claim" every month or so to the over 100 emails I have sent with the simple request of is it fully refundable or not.

Delay with no compensation

Flight delayed, lost one day in Malaysia due flight delay and no proper response from the staff.
No food choices.
No good customer service, emailed Malindo customer service, had only a general reply. No compensation for the airline fault.

Lalaine

LalainePerth

Above & Beyond Service across the skies

Poor communication

stevePerth, WA

The airline from hell,and they LIE through there teeth.

Bud

BudPerth, WA

Didn't get off the ground

Booked a direct flight from Singapore to Penang 6 plus months in advance. Within 3 weeks I was advised of a "rescheduling". Malindo had cancelled all direct flights to and from Singapore/Penang and were now going via KL.
This was going to add approximately 4 hours of wait time both ways at KL airport. A whole day out of my short holiday in an airport terminal.
I understand that this could happen on any airline. But 2 issues arose that were exceptional to Malindo.
First, Malindo would have known when they took my money that they were not going to be flying direct!
Secondly, after me pointing out that the flight had been abolished, not "rescheduled" they reluctantly agreed to refund my fare...in 8 TO 12 WEEKS???

DAMO88

DAMO88BRISBANE

Worth it over all

The booking process is simple and straight forward. Flight was good. Free meal entertainment, free blanket and pillow. Good leg room comfortable seats clean plane and toilet can't complain. Better then any other budget airline

K.V.K

K.V.KFremantle

You get less than what you pay for

Andrew McGinty

Andrew McGintySouth East Queensland, QLD

Get what you pay for

Booking process good.
Customer service at airport good.
Trip from Bali to Brisbane was a hour delayed and they only notified passengers when it was time for us to board, poor communication.
Flight back to Brisbane also arrived 40 minutes late were due to arrive 5.15am got in at 7am.
No inflight entertainment whatsoever (very odd in this day and age).
Aircraft looked old and outdated.
Food and drinks very basic.
Leg room very good, staff Ok but could be friendlier.

Overall it is a budget airline and we get what we paid for, if you have $$ I would look at alternate airlines but if you are on a tight budget this will do the job.

stevewalpole

Malindo

GARRY

GARRYasked

was booked to go to Bali on the 10/10/2020 , cannot find any info re if has been canceled due to covid19..any
info would be appreciated

SallyDasked

Malindo Air is permanently cancelling flight from Sydney to Bali from 31 May 2020 and Adelaide to Bali later in the year. Has anyone been notified or received a refund - not Covid-19 related as this is a permanent change to their flight routes. I booked 6 return flights for Christmas 2020 on 27 Feb 2020 which I think is probably illegal of Malindo Air to sell flights after a date of a permanent cancellation is known. Will be taking this up with ACCC.

Rohan De Fonseka
Rohan De Fonseka

I booked a return flight in April 2020 and Malindo cancelled the flight from KL to Colombo before the travel ban and they are refusing to refund. They are only offering a travel voucher. I will speak to my travei insurance to see if I could get them to pay me out on this.

Monica
Monica

I booked a flight from Sydney to Bali for Sep 2020 and was notified in Mar 2020 that the flights would be cancelled and refund issued within 30 days. Still have yet to see the refund after 49 days. Just been told two more weeks every time I call. Now they just hang up on me.

Hi Monica
Thanks for letting me know. Did they say the route was cancelled Syd to Dps In the email that they sent you?
So far they haven’t admitted it publicly.
I only just booked my 6 return flights on 27 February - can believed they took my booking when they planned to cancel route. I might try calling as well.
Many Thanks Sally

Annette R

Annette Rasked

Why won’t you give our money back

Tracey
Tracey

I want my money refunded malindo air owe me