Malindo Air

• In-Flight Service
  • In-Flight Entertainment

TraceyNorth Western Region, NSW

Cancelled flight

I was notified today that our flight to Bali in June has been cancelled, I contacted malindo air and they went step by step with me through the refund process and told me I'm entitled to a full refund as they cancelled but I don't understand why this takes 30 days. Will see how long it does take as I wish to book with another carrier.

Helena

HelenaWestern Australia

Broken Seat Recliners

Service on board is good, but when it comes to contacting the customer service online they are slow to reply and havent solve the problem yet already 2 months waiting. I take Malindo regularly as they have good plane service, sitting space is better then AirAsia, but unfortunately i kept finding broken seat recliners. First one was on OD151, second was OD155. And the stewardess helped me find the one that arent broken. I realized they have more broken recliners then i thought, thought i was just unlucky. From Perth to Kuala Lumpur is almost 6hr. For me its very tiring to sit straight for 6hr especially im doing this trip frequently. I have send emails but so far, they have not come back to me. I'm a bit hesitant to go with Malindo now.

Kawaljit

KawaljitGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bad and horriable experience.

We fly in june from amritsar to melbourne.I am very much excited about my lives first air journey but malindo spoiled it .Two unexpected long delays are there.At denpasar me and my mom suffered a lot.I can't explain that experience in few words.from Bali , flight haven't provide us vegi meal bocz of 16 hrs delay we haven't any food at balli.Handle of one of the briefcase was found broken.I have complaint it on two or three sites but couldn't find any reply.Now i want to change my ticket date and again no one is taking it seriously and taking responsibility .I am very much irritated from the services.

Food
International Airlines

Find out how Malindo Air compares to other International Airlines

Booked to fly from Brisbane to Bali return with my partner in March 2019..

I have flown with Malindo Air previously and it was OK...So recently I booked two tickets from Brisbane to Bali return for March 2019 which I paid for with my Visa card...About two weeks prior to the trip my partner had a family emergency and had to cancel..I was unable to cancel her ticket so my daughter decided to come to Bali with me, rather than waste a ticket..Contacted Malindo Air customer service 10 day prior to the depature date and was advised that they do not transfer tickers from one person to another regardless of the reason...I am disappointed because this policy seems very unfair...My booking reference XLPRKG..I cant upload my ticket details as this program doesnt allow me to access my screenshots or emails..

DestinationDenpasar, Denpasar City, Bali, Indonesia

Kathymelbourne

Not great at all

brizbnkr

brizbnkrBrisbane, Queensland

Multiple fails, proper budget airline

Remdawg

Remdawg

Terrible

Has got to be the worse airline ever in terms of efficiency and delay. Terrible customer service. Staff does not speak English and will tell you what you want to hear just so you leave them alone.
Missed connecting flights through the same company (Batik air, Malindo, Lion air) and they wouldn’t pay for any hotel to accommodate us for 14 hours. Missed the next day of work which of course is not going to be refunded. Not a single apology or explanation during this very stressful situation. Have been left drained by this experience and will not be flying with them again. Better off spending a little bit more on a different airline and get to your destination on time.

RKS

RKSPerth

Few details.

We purchased “premium economy” as the offer was - economy, premium economy and business class all 3 classes were priced accordingly. Please don’t expect any difference in - i.e. flight check in, boarding or other ”premium” expectations, besides a little bit of extra legroom(between normal economy and premium”! Secondly, the entire 5hrs and 45mins (from Kuala Lumpur to Perth)flight has only 2 toilets at the rear of the aircraft for the use of entire “premium economy” and economy.

International Airlines

Find out how Malindo Air compares to other International Airlines

Delay with no compensation

Flight delayed, lost one day in Malaysia due flight delay and no proper response from the staff.
No food choices.
No good customer service, emailed Malindo customer service, had only a general reply. No compensation for the airline fault.

GARRY

GARRYasked

was booked to go to Bali on the 10/10/2020 , cannot find any info re if has been canceled due to covid19..any
info would be appreciated

SallyDasked

Malindo Air is permanently cancelling flight from Sydney to Bali from 31 May 2020 and Adelaide to Bali later in the year. Has anyone been notified or received a refund - not Covid-19 related as this is a permanent change to their flight routes. I booked 6 return flights for Christmas 2020 on 27 Feb 2020 which I think is probably illegal of Malindo Air to sell flights after a date of a permanent cancellation is known. Will be taking this up with ACCC.

Rohan De Fonseka
Rohan De Fonseka

I booked a return flight in April 2020 and Malindo cancelled the flight from KL to Colombo before the travel ban and they are refusing to refund. They are only offering a travel voucher. I will speak to my travei insurance to see if I could get them to pay me out on this.

Monica
Monica

I booked a flight from Sydney to Bali for Sep 2020 and was notified in Mar 2020 that the flights would be cancelled and refund issued within 30 days. Still have yet to see the refund after 49 days. Just been told two more weeks every time I call. Now they just hang up on me.

Hi Monica
Thanks for letting me know. Did they say the route was cancelled Syd to Dps In the email that they sent you?
So far they haven’t admitted it publicly.
I only just booked my 6 return flights on 27 February - can believed they took my booking when they planned to cancel route. I might try calling as well.
Many Thanks Sally

Annette R

Annette Rasked

Why won’t you give our money back

Tracey

I want my money refunded malindo air owe me