Malvern Star XCS 1.0

Malvern Star XCS 1.0

Awesome ride

Resently purchased the xcs 5.0 mountain bike by malvern star and all I can say is AWSOME I just can't stop riding this bike. I have 7 other bikes and aside from my jamis the xcs is my ride of choice.
Well done malvern star 10 out of 10 from me so far.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Very happy

Looks great feels great rides great. Great value for money very happy. Light durable and very well built. Comfortable to ride

Best bike for under $500. Malvern Star, a quality item.

Great bike served me well over the years still have it over 4 years and have put it through the works no complaints at all. By far the best kit for under $500 thanks malvern star. Best bike brand.

For just under $500 this was the most optioned bike in its range. It rides well and has a strong feel about it (I'm over 100kgs and it doesn't feel like breaking). The lock-out shocks are a huge advantage for both road and track riding. Malvern Star remains a quality bike after all these years.
Only bike in its price range that has all the 'options' (quick-release front and rear wheels & seat, mechanical disc brakes, lock-out shocks). All alloy, smooth ride with quality gears. Great colors too!
Stock pedals are a little small (too close to the cranks for size 10 feet!)

I also have this bike and while i have only done aprox a 100 km on it, i agree with the reviewer above. this mountain bike from the malvern star range is well made and good value for moneyIm light (70 kg) and do alot of hard riding (down hill sort of style) and the only problem i had was overheating breaks and also i broke the stock shockers fast (wore them out)

Hi guys, Just chasing the type of steerer on this bike. Is it 1-1/8" or tapered? Kind regards, Mark

Just had my Malvern Star XCS 1.0 stolen just wondering how much they are worth?
Sorry to hear that about your bike. I bought mine new for $350 about 8 years ago. Not sure of its replacement value today. It'd be worth asking a bike shop who sells Malvern Star. Good luck, Cheers.Hi there...I know this may be a long shot (I've only just seen this post and new to the page) but have you replaced your bike? The reason I ask is that I have one that has been gathering dust for a couple of years that I was just about to advertise to sell...I am the second owner and I knew the previous one. It has a few upgrades from the standard and has barely seen any road time. Let me know

XCS 1.0