ALDI Mamia Baby Wipes

ALDI Mamia Baby Wipes

See the Best Baby Wipes in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by ALDI

Connie P.
Connie P.Sydney, NSW

Mamia (Aldi) Baby Wipes

The wipes come out in bunches rather than one at a time.

Every time I take a wipe out of the packet it also breaks.

That was never the case.

What has changed?

Purchased in March 2021 at ALDI for $1.99.

plastic lid unglued in a few days

I don't mind the fact that several wipes come out at the same time - annoying for sure and very wasteful - but when the actual plastic 'lid' came unstuck within 7 days of using, I definitely will not be buying this product again

Purchased in November 2020 at ALDI.

Mel
MelSydney, NSW

Were the best, now disappointing

We have used Aldi wipes from birth and loved them. I have just noticed an odd smell with the new package and have realised they are now made in USA rather than Australia.
Very poor quality and I am disappointed to say the latest batch will be returned and I won't purchase any more Mamia wipes unless the Australian ones are returned.
I am happy to pay the normal $2-$2.50 for the Australian made ones.

Shelly T.
Shelly T.Sydney, NSW

Used to be very good, now very bad

Find out how ALDI Mamia Baby Wipes compares to other Baby Wipes

They were great, but changed recently.

Have used these for ages and they were great! They have recently changed the wipes but kept them in the same packaging - very sneaky! Bought a whole bunch as per usual and they are dry, scratchy, and you have to use to many more wipes to get the job done. Will need to buy my wipes elsewhere from now on!

Used to be awesome, now have changed for the worst.

I loved the Aldi baby wipes and recommended them to every parent I met. Now, as of August 2017 they have changed them and they are TERRIBLE. They used to be an exact replica of Huggies (but way cheaper), now they are more like the Pampers wipes which I hate. They tear easily, are scratchy, and require many more wipes to get the job done. Very shady of Aldi also because the packaging does not state a change (except the opening clasp changed and they did mark that on the outside of the package, which whatever-I'm fine with either opening clasp) AND it still has the "Parent tested parent approved WINNER" mark on the outside. NO, the OLD wipes were the parent's choice winner, not this new crap. False advertising!

Inga
IngaSydney

Quality and size has change for the WORST

Blue package wet baby wipes used to be good when the size was 19cm x 18cm and the texture was good. Now your new version is DISGRACE: 20cm x 15cm size is too small so I had to use 2 instead of one and the texture has become like a sandpaper and too dry. Are you expecting this to be used on a gentle baby bottom? You just lost a customer with your greed and savings on size and quality, customers are not stupid which I cannot say about you or any business who wants to be continually successful.

The baby product awards for 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-baby-product-awards-for-2020
Upcoming Special Buys from the ALDI Catalogue

Reviews for what's in the ALDI catalogue this week.

Nathan S.2 July 2020
upcoming-special-buys-from-the-aldi-catalogue
TASO
TASO

WIpes have changed - now thin and stretchy

I used to like the mamia wipes but they've recently changed and are no longer the same embossed ones but thin and stretchy. I have checked the package and there is nothing to indiacate a change, but they're rubbish now. Going back to huggies and I'm not buying aldi again.

Other Baby Wipes

This product has changed recently.

We've been buying the Mamia wipes for years and they have been great. However, our last purchases have been terrible and left my son with extremely bad rash. They also don't clean as well.
Poor form Aldi. Do not buy these as they are nowhere near the quality they once were.

Anna T
Anna TIndooroopilly

Baby Rash!

I want to love the Aldi baby wipes because they are so much cheaper. Unfortunately, when I tried them my baby broke out in rash after only a few changes. She was so out of sorts and I think it was because her bottom was hurting her. Not a risk I'm willing to run again to save some extra dollars.

Chris.W
Chris.WGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible rash from added ingredients

My daughter used mamamia wipes for my granddaughter and it caused a terrible rash.
We worked out that the 2 suspect ingredients were Sodium Benzoate preservatives & Potassium Sorbate. These ingredients were not in the another brand of wipes we bought and the rash has gone!
Make sure you check all ingredients that are used on your child's delicate skin. This stuff is being absorbed into there skin too.
Even better, go old school and use a face washer & warm water instead.

Other Baby Wipes

Terrible stay away from these wipes

These wipes gave my son severe nappy rash. They are also terrible to use hardly any moisture. Cheap and nasty! Will never use these again and they should be banned by the other reviews people are giving with similar experiences. My baby was so sore and red very disappointing aldi.

Very sad red baby :(

Used these wipes for the first time and they caused by babies skin to go bright red within seconds which remained red and sore all day. Baby was distraught. Anywhere I had used the wipe was bright red including hands and face.
Had to bath baby to soothe him as he was desperately uncomfortable. What on earth is in this product??

Terrible nappy rash

This product has caused terrible nappy rash on my child. It contains methylisothiazolinone. Our GP suggested I look at the ingredients after months unable to work out why bub had constant rash. This chemical has been banned in the UK due to the increase in allergies in both babies and mums.

Watch out for other Aldi products that contain this chemical such as the hand wash.

methylisothiazolinone

anonymous

Formula has been changed May 2015. Glad this ingredient has been removed methylisothiazolinone

linda
lindabrisbane

Used to be good, will have to use another brand!

I used to love these wipes, have used them since my son was born. Now that they are made in Israel and use different ingredients they smell terrible and give my son nappy rash. I will have to change brands, really hope they change back to the old ones so I can buy them again!