Mamia (Aldi) Supafit Newborn

Mamia (Aldi) Supafit Newborn

• Comfort
Simon

Simon

Wrong ingredients on this one Aldi

Aldi products are usually great, but their nappies caused a large bottom rash within 1 day. Something in the nappy caued it to stick to her bottom, over the conventional brands such as huggies.

Purchased in September 2020 at ALDI.

Comfort
Daytona

DaytonaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Nappy rash

Have used Aldi nappies for my previous two kids but never the newborn ones. Tried recently for third child after using Huggies for first 5 weeks. Had no nappy rash with Huggies. Within a couple of days of using Aldi ones, my baby had developed bad nappy rash. Despite persistence for a few days with generous and frequent applications of Sudocream, the rash continued and didn't improve. Putting it down to Aldi ones being less absorbent. Will be going back to Huggies newborn.

Purchased in June 2020.

Constantly Leaking

Bought these on recommendation.
They are just plain bad. Wee constantly leaks, poor design allows for poor absorption. Wee moves from front to back and leaks from legs and top.

Purchased in February 2020.

Mike R.

Mike R.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

about right for what you pay

We were told these nappies are better than the top brands but unfortunately that isn't the case at all.
They are thin which can cause leak issues. I've read a bit about Aldi changing the design, maybe thats the ones we have as work collegues used the aldi branded nappies for their kids (now in their teens) who originally recommended them.

i would potentially use them only during the day time as bubs nappy gets changed more frequently so absorpution / leak issues would be minimised otherwise stick brands that specialise within the industry.

Purchased in October 2019 at ALDI for A$12.00.

Comfort
Hil

HilWheatbelt, WA

nappy pattern and colour

These nappies have proven to be reliable and cost better value than most. My only complaint is the colour of the 5-8kg line. It is hideous! The yellow pattern on the nappies is an exact match for baby poo and looks like my baby girl is a mess! I would really like to see some thought go into a colour change by the manufacturer Otherwise I am very satisfied with no leakage and no skin irritation.

Andrea R.

Andrea R.Illawarra, NSW

Cheap but effective! No leaks

We purchased these nappies before my son was born and when he arrived he was 2.67kg and the Aldi nappies looked much bigger than the Huggies ultimate so we used the Huggies first until he got a little bigger. We started trying the Aldi nappies when my son was about 6 weeks old and 3.32kg. We haven’t had any trouble with leakage - they fit him well and they keep even the biggest poo-nami in! Haha I would recommend them to everyone- I’m going to save so much money over time by buying these. The good thing is that I don’t have to wait for them to go on sale and buy in bulk either, just buy 28 at a time.

Purchased in June 2019 at Fairy Meadow for A$3.99.

Sherry

Sherry

Perfect and cheap!!

I've tried huggies and little one as well but aldi new born nappy is the best for my little boy. No rash, no leaking. Cheap but excellent! Just need to make sure the new born size is quite small, if your bub have leaking problem maybe need to go up one size.

Way too thin, non absorbent.

Wee totally leaked out, my baby was wet from belly to toes and it had only been half an hour since last nappy change. They were a good fit and nice and cheap but they're not very absorbent at all. I personally will be sticking to buggies during the night and baby love during the day.

Henry

HenryBrisbane

I don't like them

I really wanted to like these nappies, as I had read and heard good things about them. Being a 1st time Mum I got a packet of Aldi nappies, Baby Love and Huggies to try. The Aldi nappies are massive on a 3.8kg newborn, compared to the other brands. I have also had leaks and find that moisture isn't absorbed into the nappy, so babys skin is wet when you change him. He gets changed regularly, so it's not a matter of poor hygiene, just, in my opinion, not a very absorbent nappy. For me, Huggies were the best, closely followed by Baby Love.

Eloise

EloiseGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good price but Beware reactions

Good price, good fit, Cant comment on leaks because I didn’t get to use hem long enough. tabs are more fiddly to undo than other brands. These caused red irritation in my LO after only a few hours, would have been terrible if I’d used them all night. Googling suggest this is relatively common. Guess it depends on your Bub.

Andrea17

Andrea17SYDNEY

Too big for our 3.4kg newborn

Tried thesefor our newborn after seeing they were recommended by Choice. We found the newborn size was much bigger than comparable brands (Huggies Ultimate, Tooshies, Comfy Bots). Will have to save them for when baby is a bit bigger. Otherwise appear to be a good product, no leaks or nappy rash.

MR8

MR8Brisbane

For the price, you can't do better.

We tried several brands and yes the well-known H one was a very good brand but this was right up there (a very close second place). Factor in the price difference and it's a no-brainer. The big boxes are available from time to time and they are a bonus because they are even more cost-effective.

jain

jainAU

The best and cheapest

Cheaper then other brand but not good as

May be good for others but doesn’t suit my newborn baby. Nappy stick to my baby’s bump which was terrible. Did not happend with other brand. I bought in bulk though will be ok but not good decision. Will suggest you to buy any products in smaller amount then try then buy in bulk.

A.Q

A.QBINNA BURRA

Not the best product

Husband and I not impressed by these nappies, they smell (even when the nappies are changed regularly) they don't contain all of the urine as it should, and they leak , the only positive aspect is the price, unfortunately I had to buy other brand nappies which cost more and are more affective

Find out how Mamia (Aldi) Supafit Newborn compares to other Disposable Nappies

Good for wees, no good for poos.

Good for wees as the materials is absorbent, no good for poos. Poo seems to leak to back as there is no pouch to catch poo from leaking. The huggies design has a pouch at the back to prevent leaks to the back. Hoping this brand with incorporate a pouch at the back of its nappy soon.

Bob

BobBrisbane

<4kg poor fit. >4kg very good fit. YMMV.

Francis

FrancisMelbourne

Value for money but fit can be better

Experienced leaks especially for poo when bub was 1-3 weeks old but fit became better (less blowouts and leaks!) when bub starting filling out the nappy. Bigger than huggies newborn so it's good to use right before the Infant stage. Price can't be beat but I prefer Babylove for the fit.

Gloria Tung

Gloria TungSydney, NSW

Perfect fit and never leaks!

We were using both Mamia newborn and Huggies newborn when our baby girl was born. I love Mamia's design and it fits great on her. The water mark at the front helps identifying if the nappy was wet. It did not leaked once with Mamia comparing to the few accidents we had with Huggins newborn. The only downside was the red mark on baby's thighs when she was getting chubbier.
With very affordable pricing, we recommend Mamia newborn to other new parents.

Ree

ReePerth, WA

Fabulous

I found these newborn nappies to be a fantastic price being so cheap and great quality I like how the yellow line turns blue when wet so you can see straight away if nappy is wet. They are the perfect size for a newborn and lasted from 2.5kgs I just folded the top over till my baby reached 4kgs