ALDI Mamia Gold 1
Part of ALDI Mamia Gold 4.3

ALDI Mamia Gold 1 Questions & Answers

Cloe G.
Cloe G. · Gold 1

Just bought this mamia brand formula today for my nearly 5 week old bub...just wondering where is the scoop??? It wasnt at the top of the tin ??

Stephen K.
Stephen K.

Buried down the bottom!

Donna C.
Donna C. · Gold 1

Hi guys was wondering, my baby boy is going to be two months soon but have changed over to mamia how offered do they have to poo ! Is it still meant to be soft or little hard , before mamia we were on nans he’s poos were liquid run poos

bea
bea

They should be, for his age,the consistency of a soft serve,is the best way to describe it. If you are noticing his poos to be a bit more solid (kangaroo poo) than you could be using to much formula to water ratio. If it seems more runny than usual,his tummy maybe a bit sensitive to the change but should return to normal in time.

Julie
Julie · Gold 1

What’s the amount for a 2month old each feed of formula

Nikki
Nikki · Gold 1

4mths and has had green poo since using this is that normal

JessMac
JessMac · Gold 1

My 9 week old baby is loving the infant formula but is anyone else’s baby having odd colour poops.. my baby has a light green look to her poop??

Green yeah

shacks
shacks · Gold 1

hi, can my boy use the mamia 2 at 16 weeeks old? Because i bought both mamia 1 and 2, and now the mamia 1 is finished but have few of the mamia 2 in stock.

Ann
Ann

I used 1 till 6 month. I think better to ask from a health practitioner

Rachel T
Rachel T · Gold 1

Does anyone know what mother company makes mamia formula? Ie nestle/Heinz/etc

Emma

Mamia is an Aldi brand so it's not available anywhere else. Australian made which is a bonus. It's a great formula and a lot cheaper then the more popular brands like NAN, Aptamil, S-26 etc available from Coles/Woolies.

Jazzy M
Jazzy M · Gold 1

My 8 week old bub is on s26 original thinking of switching to mamia as he doesn't seem to be full for long enough. His feeding every 2 to 3 hours!!!. Do you think mamia will make him fuller for longer??.

Rhiann W
Rhiann W

Feeding that regularly at that age is completely normal. They tend to eat more when they're going through growth spurts.

Formulas are all mostly the same so it really won't make much difference giving different formulas.

Amanda Farrugia
Amanda Farrugia

it might be worth getting a feed thickener to extend his feeding times, but has Rhiann said, it is normal for them to be feeding that often when growing

CursJ
CursJ · Gold 1

I have my daughter on mamia and she is 1 month old. Since using this formula I have noticed she has been getting pimples on her face. Has anyone elses baby gotten this from mamia ? She was on Nan HA optiopro before but it gave her really bad wind and constipation so I changed to Mamia due to all the giod reviews.

Mel
Mel

Funny u should say that because I noticed the same thing with my bub n the aptimal gold 1

Thought I was seeing things bubs 6 n never seen it b4

Bianca W
Bianca W

It’s common for bubs to get little pimples all over their face early on due to hormones =)

larissarenee21

Milk pimples are standard...

Chooka · Gold 1

Can you give the step 1 formula past 6 months as the step 2 made my baby constipated?

Charish Klein
Charish Klein

It's definitely ok. The thing is, stage 1 formula is easier to digest than stage 2. So your bulbs might feel hungrier if you still give stage 1 for 6months+. In this case you can give your Bub more bottle of milk than when he/she is under 6mos.

Thanks Charish Klein.

Troy C.
Troy C. · Gold 1

The protein content on this product is a bit higher than most other formulas at 1.8g per 100mL of prepared formula (most are around 1.3g per 100mL of prepared formula). Has anybody any knowledge of why, and has it caused any issues with babies? I worry only because human milk is lower in protein and most formula makers are trying to get the cow's milk to have lower protein levels.

I. H
I. H

To my knowledge, the protein in cow's milk is always bigger than human's therefore baby is fuller for longer than breastmilk so won't do any harm. And remember their serve is bigger than other formula too 1 scoops to 60 ml. I do breastmilk then top up with formula. Honestly this is the best formula so far for my Bub. She put on 700g every 2 weeks, sleeps through the night. No constipation just her soiled nappies are greenish yellow which the Dr told us it's perfectly normal. It's irons apparently.

Lia
Lia

Protein is not what causes us to feel full for longer, complex carbohydrates are. The suggestion that formula keeps babies fuller than breastmilk is an 80's urban myth that keeps doing the rounds and really should be debunked. It is terrible advice causing some women to stop breastfeeding thinking they'll get a good night's sleep.

Amby
Amby · Gold 1

Hi i just bought my first tin for my 9 1/2 month old -has been on s26 gold since i stopped bf at 6months. He didnt drink his first bottle of mamia gold but just drank nearly all just now. My question is : is it a good formula for older bubs?

Nicky
Nicky

My daughter has been on it for about 3 months now and she's 9 months old. She loves it. We were always on S26 Gold, but decided to change as its so much cheaper and we do our normal grocery shop at ALDI. She loves it and is thriving on it.

Mye
Mye · Gold 1

Help please. I just bought mamia gold 1 and there is no scoop inside. Please let me know if its scoop is the same size as that of Nan? I don't have any stock of milk other than this tin. Need reply asap please. Thanks. Bub is soon to be hungry. Need to know if I could use the scoop of my empty tin of Nan. Thanks.

Holly
Holly

Hi there, have you checked the whole tin? Sometimes they're down deep. I wouldn't use the Nan scoop as they might be different. Take the Mamia back is it doesn't have a scoop! Sounds faulty. Good luck!

leonie
leonie

I agree with Holly.i think sometimes the tins get shaken up and the scoop gets buried. Though I'm fairly sure nan's scoop size is 8g, but not sure about Mamia. It normally says it on the tin somewhere. I honestly don't think it would hurt for one bottle to be a little it out of whack though, but I'd get it sorted as quick as possible if I were you. Too much formula, they get constipated, too little formula, and they miss out on important nutrients... And if you do it often enough, it can be very bad for baby.

StaceyDan

Dig down!! It's in there!! If not buy another tin and use that scoop!! No the Nan scoop isn't the same size :)

StaceyDan

Or use two scoops with the Nan scoop to 60ml water!! They're only smal scoops in the nan but two of them is still smaller than one aldi scoop, your always better to have more water ratio then more formula as too much powder to water ratio can cause constipation, if you understand what I mean lol so if you need to get through the night just do that and whe the shops open you can get another tin!

Emma

I have the Mamia Gold 1 and it says one level scoop is 8.8g. Add one scoop to 60mL water.

Grape002 · Gold 1

Where do you buy it from?

Liz_1
Liz_1

It is an Aldi product that is made in Australia. I believe it's repackaged Heinz baby formula. 900g tin for $14.95.

Kim
Kim

From your local Aldi store

Grape002

I live in Adelaide so we don't have an Aldi store but I'll look into the Heinz one :)

Alana
Alana · Gold 1

Our LO has been on AR thickener for 5 weeks due to silent reflux. He is very constipated so thinking of changing. Will this product be ok for acid reflux baby?

StaceyDan

All babies are different so what works for me may not work for you but definitely my boy doesn't spit up as much on this formula, try some mylanta if nothing else works :)

Tan
Tan · Gold 1

Our twins are 3 months old. They used to have Novalac Reflux, but we changed to Mamia Gold 1 about two weeks ago. Babies poop turned very stinky dark green ever since . Does anyone have this similar problem? Will it improve in time? Thanks for answers!

M Madex
M Madex

Hi. Yes my babies poos dark green too. I didn't really notice it being offensive though. Seems to be common with some formula's probably iron. Doesn't really change in color though, probably stay dark green. Other than that i still not have issues with formula. Some babies no matter what have trouble with digestion of milk proteins and may need to see paediatrician to go on prescription formula as proteins pre broken down. Good luck. Don't let the green poo put you off!.

Merilyn Bates
Merilyn Bates · Gold 1

I would like to compare Mamia Infant formula ingredients with S26 for newborns for our baby aged 7 weeks. Can anyone advise if they are comparable products, thank you.

Taylor's Mum
Taylor's Mum

Hi Merilyn, I believe they are comparable products! Having all if not more of the nutrients of s26. My eldest had s26 formula and if I could go back and swap I would :-) great formula, good for bubs tummy, not frothy and doesn't cause excess wind. I also read reviews before trying it, and couldn't be happier. Good luck :-$

StaceyDan

As far as quality of formula they are on par, baby was full, milk wasn't watery and babies poos were normal and regular however the aldi one doesn't small like off cheese like s26 gold!!

mumma2be21
mumma2be21 · Gold 1

If bubs is an avarage weight roughly how many feeds can i expect to be getting from a tin?

Mk2820
Mk2820

It depends on the age of you baby. To give you a rough idea you get 102 scoops per tin.

1 month old baby - 12 scoops per day - 6 feeds

4 month old baby - 15 scoops per day - 5 feeds

6 month old - 15 scoops per day - 5 feeds

So one tin lasts roughly a week-9days. It works out the same amount as the karicare aptimal but around $5 cheaper per tin as its made locally and not imported.

Get an answer from our members and ALDI representatives

Select a listing for your question
ALDI Mamia Gold 1