ALDI Mamia Gold 2

ALDI Mamia Gold 2

• Breastfed Child Yes (1) · No (2)
  • Easy to PrepareYes (2) · No (0)
  • Caused Unease / Sickness Yes (1) · No (2)

Terrible Formula Gave my Son Constipation!!

I was using the stage 1 formula which was great, then put my son on the stage 2 got terrible constipation. I had a look at the ingredients and its contains very high iron which can cause constipation. So i thought i would try a different formula and within a day his constipation has gone now using Karicare has been great and a lot lower in Iron. Hope this can help anyone going through the same thing.

Purchased in February 2020 at ALDI.

Breastfed ChildNo
Easy to PrepareYes
Caused Unease / SicknessYes
Maisha21

Maisha21Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good except...

My baby drinks it no problem, just as much as the step 1 mamia gold. He does not seem to have any side effect from it. The formula is easy to prepare. The only downside is that it has a strong metalic scent/flavour that you can't ignore.

Purchased in January 2020 at ALDI.

Breastfed ChildYes
Easy to PrepareYes
Caused Unease / SicknessNo

ABBASydney, NSW

Seems ok but ...

Seems like good value formula and was fine for baby however, worth noting a few things about the consistency and production. The consistency is a bit thicker than some of the other we tried, it takes a while to dilute even with intense shaking and some powder almost always gets stuck inside the bottle. The label states that it’s ‘packed in Australia from at least 68% Australian ingredients’. I’m not sure about that. Where is the other 32% packed ? I’ve asked ALDI but have not received a response yet.

Purchased in February 2019 at ALDI for A$13.00.

Breastfed ChildNo
Caused Unease / SicknessNo

Becca89

Becca89Victoria, Australia

Very Bad for us

I’m writing this review purely as a warning to other parents.
We decided to do a slow ween from BF prior to returning to work in May so I bought some mamia gold to try. It didn’t occur to me to test some out on my bub before giving a full feed because it’s for babies, so I have my son 240ml and he guzzled it. Around an hour later he had developed a full body red welty itchy rash which hung around for 8 hours before it resolved. I looked on the can and the formula contains milk (no allergic), soy and fish (both not introduced). I should have read the can and the onus of that is on me but I was really surprised that a formula for babies would contain allergens.

Lis

Lis

Great transition from 1

From birth i used Mamia gold 1 and once i started her on solids around 4 months, i switched to this. She made the transition with no issues, maybe a little more constipation but i can't say it is from this. I just make sure she is having water as well. Bub loves it and it is prepared the same as the others. At 5 months we are having 180ml(3 sccops) and the tin lasts about 1.5wks

WynonaW

WynonaWMelbourne

Don't let the price fool you!

Fantastic formula that we moved on to for stage 2 to save some money. It's about half the price of the one we were buying before and it's just as great. It does bubble up quite a lot, fortunately for us gas has never been an issue for our daughter so the bubbles didn't make a difference for us. Sometimes you do need hotter water to have no sediments but if you mix it well enough it should be fine. For the price it is definitely comparable to the best and the rest on the market, especially when you have a look at the ingredients, vitamins and minerals used, you'd be surprised!

Jonny

Jonny

Quality product with good price.

I like this formula as it went with my baby. I tried few other but none is as effective as Mamia gold products. I am glad that i tried this product. It's only available in Aldi which is only the drawback. We have to go to Aldi store to buy this product.

Sharyn35

Sharyn35Brisbane

Gave my Bub Constipation

My Bub loved the Mamia Stage 1 formula, but the switch to Stage 2 gave him constipation. We tried offering extra water between feeds and prunes, pears, paw paw, but constipation only slightly improved whilst on this formula. A little disappointing as we had to research which formulas were best for constipation. We switched to NAN Optipro HA Gold 2 and had no more issues with constipation.

Melissa

MelissaBendigo

Pretty much s 26 gold

Love it at only 13$ it's the best Iv tried my son was on s26 gold but when I compared ingredients and tried him on this he didn't even notice the difference never had any problems and doesn't seem to smell as bad as other brands definitely two big thumbs up

Amanda F

Amanda F

Good price, good product

Mamia Gold 2 is very easy to prepare. The formula can comes with a tight fitting lid and scoop. We have noticed no side effects noticed and my bub is happy to drink it. The price is especially helpful and it's easy to grab on our weekly Aldi shopping trip.

Katherine

Katherine

Great formula, zero complaints

We started out using Blackmores formula when my son weaned at six months old, however at over $20 a tin we wanted a more affordable option. After trying a couple of other popular brands, we tried Mamia from Aldi and I was really happy with it.
The consistency is super fine like Blackmores, and doesnt sound like squeaky sand like Karicare does.
Also like Blackmores it doesn't froth.
My son adjusted to it straight away with no issues.
Even better it's about half the price.
Highly recommended.

Tazy

TazyMelbourne

Great formular and great value!!!

Very happy my son transitioned from mamia gold 1 to mamia gold 2 easily with no problems or upset tummy. The price is great value $13 a tin and same price as number 1 most companies charge more and with the current formular crisis we have i am lucky i have never had an issue with no stock at Aldi!

Lina.L

Lina.LQueensland

Bubba loves it and gentle on the tummy

We were looking to change formulas due to some containing too much iron and was upsetting my daughter's tummy. We were on a more expensive brand but decided to try this Aldi one since we shop there a lot. It's very simple to prepare and my daughter seems to enjoy it with no side effects. Don't let the fact that it comes from Aldi sway you, it's a great product and very affordable at half the price or other brands.

Yvo

YvoWEST WYALONG

Didn't want to change

We only recently switched our toddler from this formula. He loved the taste and it was so easy to prepare. We love how the instructions are the same across the whole range. We had put our toddler on this as soon as we could transfer him from the lactose free formula he required at first. We had no trouble with him adjusting. He made no complaints about the taste difference at all.

Archie

ArchieBrisbane

Nice taste

We bought this one was just for a substitute when our usual baby formula was not available, and surprisingly that our baby does not mind this baby formula, it is easy to mix in the warm water and smells good too, decent price for a test to see how baby accept it.

Rachel

RachelPakenham, Victoria

After many different formulas, this was the best one!

After trying numerous formulas to find the right one for my son, I Came across an Aldi Formula. I was a bit hesitant at first as it was an Aldi brand but gave it a go. This formula was the best! My son absolutely loved it. Never got a sore tummy or wind from it. Highly recommend!

Ahuf

AhufCanberra

Quality formula from Aldi

When we had to supplement our babies feed with formula we were extremely frustrated by the formula shortage at the time.
Then we found Mamia that ticked all the boxes -
Australian made,
Always in stock at Aldi,
Good nutritional additions such as Omega 3,
Affordable,
Didn't upset our little ones tummy.

Its been great for our little one and I would recommend it to any mum.
Only con I can think of is the smell - but I am guessing that is just a trait of all baby formula.

MATK

MATKBrisbane

Cheap and fantastic

Have been using Mamia brand since my baby was born. Best formula and it's so cheap compared to other brands. Only $12.99 a tin (others are uo to $26 a tin). No constipation or anything. Would definitely recommend anyone to try it. But make sure you stock up because sometimes they can run out because it's so popular.

mrs_tee

mrs_teeCaboolture

My baby loves it

After trying many different brands I'm so glad that my baby liked this formula. It's half the price of most other brands and he is thriving on it. It's easy to prepare and doesn't get lumpy or have the strong oily smell that some others do. This is a great formula

Sharol

SharolClaremont Meadows

Milk my baby loves

The instructions are very clear so it's easy to prepare and my little one likes drinking it. I find that it helps her get the complete nutrients that she needs for the day. It has become part of her morning and breakfast routine and she really likes it a lot.

Rosy P.

Rosy P.asked

Mamia Gold 2

Can anyone tell me the percentage of whey?

Rbr

Rbrasked

Mamia Gold 2

My son is currently on aptmil stage 2 was wondering is aldi stage 2 is a similar formula and the ingredients?? Is it worth trying him on this formula as I do my aldi and jave to travel to get his formula and nappies

ABBA

Hi, I’m not qualified to recommend :) but I just researched the different brands, reviews and compared ingredients by looking at the back and made a call on which one felt right. We also tried one, than changed and really happy with alternative. I think all of them are very similar ingredients wise but differ in where they are produced, using organic ingredients, consistency etc

BH35

BH35asked

Mamia Gold 2

Apparent there is bad chemicals in this formula, one in particular stops the intake of calcium, anyone know more about this?

Im sure they would not be able to sell this product if there were any bad chemicals added, the Australian and New Zealand standards for baby products are very high and i doubt they would pass if this is true.
If you are really concerned i suggest emailing the company directly as they will be able to answer all your questions directly.
I had both my girls in this formula both as follow on from breast feeding and i have had no issues with it what so ever, but in saying that the safety of our babies is always going to be number 1 priority so i would email the company directly

Get an answer from our members and ALDI representatives

Compare all 3 ALDI Mamia Gold