Part of ALDI Mamia Gold 4.3

3.7

Amber
Amber2 posts
  Fair Incentive 2

Parents with low weight down child

Hi lady's just wondering if there are any mum on here that uses this brand and that has used stage 2 and 3 what one would you say help with weight gain more thinking on going to stage 3 but if stage 2 help more with weight gain don't want to go up to stage 3 Show details
Srt50
Srt50

Terrible Formula Gave my Son Constipation!!

I was using the stage 1 formula which was great, then put my son on the stage 2 got terrible constipation. I had a look at the ingredients and its contains very high iron which can cause constipation. So i thought i would try a different formula and within a day his constipation has gone now using Karicare has been great and a lot lower in Iron. Hope this can help anyone going through the same thing. Show details
Tzenab
TzenabGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC15 posts

Good except

My baby drinks it no problem, just as much as the step 1 mamia gold. He does not seem to have any side effect from it. The formula is easy to prepare. The only downside is that it has a strong metalic scent/flavour that you can't ignore. Show details
ABBA
ABBASydney, NSW

Seems ok but

Seems like good value formula and was fine for baby however, worth noting a few things about the consistency and production. The consistency is a bit thicker than some of the other we tried, it takes a while to dilute even with intense shaking and some powder almost always gets stuck inside the bottle. The label states that it’s ‘packed in Australia from at least 68% Australian ingredients’. I’m not sure about that. Where is the other 32% packed ? I’ve asked ALDI but have not received a response yet. Show details
Becca89
Becca89VictoriaAustralia15 posts

Very Bad for us

I’m writing this review purely as a warning to other parents.

We decided to do a slow ween from BF prior to returning to work in May so I bought some mamia gold to try. It didn’t occur to me to test some out on my bub before giving a full feed because it’s for babies, so I have my son 240ml and he guzzled it. Around an hour later he had developed a full body red welty itchy rash which hung around for 8 hours before it resolved. I looked on the can and the formula contains milk (no allergic), soy and fish (both not introduced). I should have read the can and the onus of that is on me but I was really surprised that a formula for babies would contain allergens.

Lis
Lis58 posts

Great transition from 1

From birth i used Mamia gold 1 and once i started her on solids around 4 months, i switched to this. She made the transition with no issues, maybe a little more constipation but i can't say it is from this. I just make sure she is having water as well. Bub loves it and it is prepared the same as the others. At 5 months we are having 180ml(3 sccops) and the tin lasts about 1.5wks

WynonaW
WynonaWMelbourne5 posts

Don't let the price fool you!

Fantastic formula that we moved on to for stage 2 to save some money. It's about half the price of the one we were buying before and it's just as great. It does bubble up quite a lot, fortunately for us gas has never been an issue for our daughter so the bubbles didn't make a difference for us. Sometimes you do need hotter water to have no sediments but if you mix it well enough it should be fine. For the price it is definitely comparable to the best and the rest on the market, especially when you have a look at the ingredients, vitamins and minerals used, you'd be surprised!

Jonny
Jonny7 posts

Quality product with good price

I like this formula as it went with my baby. I tried few other but none is as effective as Mamia gold products. I am glad that i tried this product. It's only available in Aldi which is only the drawback. We have to go to Aldi store to buy this product.

Sharyn35
Sharyn35Brisbane8 posts

Gave my Bub Constipation

My Bub loved the Mamia Stage 1 formula, but the switch to Stage 2 gave him constipation. We tried offering extra water between feeds and prunes, pears, paw paw, but constipation only slightly improved whilst on this formula. A little disappointing as we had to research which formulas were best for constipation. We switched to NAN Optipro HA Gold 2 and had no more issues with constipation.

Melissa
MelissaBendigo8 posts

Pretty much s 26 gold

Love it at only 13$ it's the best Iv tried my son was on s26 gold but when I compared ingredients and tried him on this he didn't even notice the difference never had any problems and doesn't seem to smell as bad as other brands definitely two big thumbs up

Amanda F
Amanda F4 posts

Good price, good product

Mamia Gold 2 is very easy to prepare. The formula can comes with a tight fitting lid and scoop. We have noticed no side effects noticed and my bub is happy to drink it. The price is especially helpful and it's easy to grab on our weekly Aldi shopping trip.

Katherine
Katherine6 posts

Great formula, zero complaints

We started out using Blackmores formula when my son weaned at six months old, however at over $20 a tin we wanted a more affordable option. After trying a couple of other popular brands, we tried Mamia from Aldi and I was really happy with it.

The consistency is super fine like Blackmores, and doesnt sound like squeaky sand like Karicare does.

Also like Blackmores it doesn't froth.

My son adjusted to it straight away with no issues.

Even better it's about half the price.

Highly recommended.

Tazy
TazyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC22 posts

Great formular and great value!!!

Very happy my son transitioned from mamia gold 1 to mamia gold 2 easily with no problems or upset tummy. The price is great value $13 a tin and same price as number 1 most companies charge more and with the current formular crisis we have i am lucky i have never had an issue with no stock at Aldi!

Lina.L
Lina.LSouth East Queensland, QLD7 posts

Bubba loves it and gentle on the tummy

We were looking to change formulas due to some containing too much iron and was upsetting my daughter's tummy. We were on a more expensive brand but decided to try this Aldi one since we shop there a lot. It's very simple to prepare and my daughter seems to enjoy it with no side effects. Don't let the fact that it comes from Aldi sway you, it's a great product and very affordable at half the price or other brands.

Yvo
YvoWEST WYALONG5 posts

Didn't want to change

We only recently switched our toddler from this formula. He loved the taste and it was so easy to prepare. We love how the instructions are the same across the whole range. We had put our toddler on this as soon as we could transfer him from the lactose free formula he required at first. We had no trouble with him adjusting. He made no complaints about the taste difference at all.