ALDI Mamia Gold

ALDI Mamia Gold

1, 2, 3

Pros

• Great value for money

• Convenient packaging

• Dissolves easily in water

• Gentle on your child's tummy

• Breastfed Child Yes · No (21)
  • Easy to PrepareYes (20) · No (0)
  • Caused Unease / Sickness Yes (6) · No (15)

Pallavi kapoor

Pallavi kapoor

Best formula .. my baby loves it

I started this formula when my baby was 1 week old... she tolerates it so well and loves it... i myself try it in the beginning To find out the taste and it tastes really good. Highly recommended

Purchased in August 2020.

Fabulous standard formula!

Baby had no problems transitioning from breast milk, always available and can't go past the price. Both the 1 and 2 formulas are great for babies with no dietary issues.

Purchased in April 2020 at ALDI for A$12.99.

Maggie S.

Maggie S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Perfect !! Winwin

So i started with belamys when my baby was 3 months but since it was too expensive i thought of switching to a cheaper option so went for mamia. Started by mixing it with balemys. my daughter is 7 months now and she loves mamia.

Purchased in August 2020 at ALDI for A$12.89.

Nickeysixx

NickeysixxCentral, SA

Absolutely heinous

From what I've noticed in discussions in my mum's group this formula is either fantastic or horrible.
Unfortunately for my son it did not agree with him at all and caused him a severe stomach upset with horrid diarrhoea. This and vomiting is not an uncommon reaction from the experiences I've been told.
My son drank it fine and it was easy enough to prepare but his reaction made it undrinkable.

Purchased in February 2020 at ALDI for A$13.00.

Aleisha

AleishaGungahlin 2912, ACT

Thinking about swapping back to s2

My son is now 1 and is not liking cows milk so I thought I’d try S3 is that he is 12m and After comparing ingredients of S3 to s2 I am thinking of changing back to s2 as this has 14g of sugars where as s2 had none. Pictures are of S3 and s2 mamia formula

>Updated< , going back to S2 as this formula does not sit well with my LO, he cries at night in pain from his stomach and wakes up in the morning with poo explosions

Purchased at ALDI for A$11.99.

Aleisha

AleishaGungahlin 2912, ACT

If you want to save money, try this!

* my son tried APTIMAL GOLD and then switched to A2 Platinum, at $38 per tin I couldn’t keep going and the formulas above were making my son vomit more often so I tried mamia brand at 6m and never gone back to other brands as he digested Mamias brand well
* no reactions, he enjoyed it
* easy to prepare and he vomited less often

Purchased in November 2019 at ALDI for A$12.99.

Leah

LeahSydney, NSW

Awesome! Affordable and baby loves it

Switched baby from bf/nan optipro straight to mamia gold 1 at 8months and haven't looked back. She loves it and so does our bank account. Used it ever since and she's nearly 11months.

Purchased in February 2020 at ALDI for A$12.99.

Caused Unease / SicknessNo

Terrible Formula Gave my Son Constipation!!

I was using the stage 1 formula which was great, then put my son on the stage 2 got terrible constipation. I had a look at the ingredients and its contains very high iron which can cause constipation. So i thought i would try a different formula and within a day his constipation has gone now using Karicare has been great and a lot lower in Iron. Hope this can help anyone going through the same thing.

Purchased in February 2020 at ALDI.

Lisa

LisaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not bad

This formula isn’t terrible, especially for the price but my baby was quite windy on this so we have since switched to something else. Would recommend for babies who don’t have any digestion issues as my Bub seemed to enjoy the taste.

Purchased in January 2020 at ALDI for A$14.00.

Breeana

Breeana

Great

Such great formula for such a good price, toddler doesn’t eat a lot off food and prefers his milk so we gave this ago, helped his poo so much and keeps him fuller for longer.

Purchased in January 2020 for A$11.00.

gina1234

gina1234Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Brilliant for baby and my pocket!

Purchased in July 2019 at Tarneit for A$12.00.

Mollyluce

MollyluceGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent formula!!

After two days of the Aldi formula my baby slept for 6 hours straight which was a first. He also went for longer between day feeds, it’s a creamy formula.

Purchased in January 2020 at ALDI for A$12.00.

Suj

Suj

Ok but foamy

Like the formula i have used so many formula but only few worked for my baby this is one them which works well.it is easy to prepare but forms foam after mixing it makes baby uncomfortable and gassy

Purchased in October 2019 at ALDI for A$13.00.

Kim

KimGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Gave my baby terrible gas pains

I have heard that this formula is similar in composition to Nan Comfort, so I thought we would give it a go.
It gave my baby terrible gas pains to the point that no amount of bicycle legs or burping would ease it. Our neighbours could hear his cries.

Purchased in July 2019 at ALDI for A$12.00.

KrystenT91

KrystenT91Perth, WA

Love this formula

I was recommended the mania formula when I was pregnant! Sceptical at first but thought we would try it. Our son is absolutely thriving! Sleeping like a champion and meeting all his milestones. We have had no issues with Mamia at all and recommend it to others!

Purchased in May 2019 for A$12.99.

Bella C.

Bella C.Sydney, NSW

Bad bad bad.

So last week was a rough week and decided to buy mamia formula as it was cheaper and my friends premmy loves it compared to everything else. Well my daughter is never unsettled, doesn’t throw her milk back up until we used mamia. It’s like poison for my baby. Wouldn’t recommend if you’re swapping from Nan. Now I have to wait 2 more days until I can get her off this crap

Purchased in July 2019 for A$12.00.

Charny

CharnyMelbourne

Stomach cramps

Horrible stomach pains. Ended up in the ER. Nurse asked if anything different was eaten and I mentioned the toddler milk. He loved the taste no issues. When he screamed the house down I’d give him more bottles for comfort but I was giving him more pain! The next day I stopped and went back to munchkin and cramps and a week of screaming stopped!

Purchased in March 2019 for A$12.00.

Sam

SamSydney, NSW

Best for my baby

I tried many formulas for my baby but Mamia gold seems to be the best for my baby. My baby easily digest and he didn't have constipation. Easily available and Cheaper as compared to other baby formulas.

Purchased in May 2019 at ALDI.

Melly

Melly

Best decision I made

I was on the Aptimil Profutura 1 which is nearly $30 a tin depending where you go. Talking to the Maternal Health Nurse, I expressed my concern about being unable to get it due to the huge buy up that is being sent to China. I was advised to get the Aldi brand as it had won some awards and was virtually the same formula. I was hesitant but it breaks down easier in the water. I can get 2 tins for the price of 1 and my baby absolutely loves it. She has been gaining weight as she should be and there were no changes in her nappy apart from a little constipation due to changing formula. It all settled down now though.

Purchased in March 2019 at ALDI for A$12.99.

Bianca

BiancaSouthern and Hills, SA

Easy on the tummy

My son has been drinking this since day 2, loves it! for $13 a tin whats the point of paying extra if he likes it and gets all the vitamins and nutrients he needs?

Purchased in February 2019 at ALDI for A$13.00.

Julie

Julieasked

Gold 1

What’s the amount for a 2month old each feed of formula

Jess 1984

Jess 1984asked

Mamia Gold 2

Has any body notice like a nappy rash on there bodies from formula ?

bea
bea

No,I haven't. Both my babies have been on this,my 7month is on number 2 now and he hasn't had any rashes. Be sure to check you haven't changed washing powder,soaps,been in new clothes,changed to different nappies or wipes...etc. It could be contact dermatitis or sweat rash. Just take bubs to doctor to make sure it's nothing serious.

Ben

Benasked

Mamia Gold

Is it possible to get a sample pack to see if my baby will like this formula? She is 16 months old.

Pinkyflop
Pinkyflop

Hi I am not sure about sample pack but it would be a good try to ask their customer service.. they probably will, but their price is pretty good anyway

Get an answer from our members and ALDI representatives

Features:

• For newborns through to toddlers.
  • ALDI Mamia Gold 1 is a whey-dominant formula, making it easy on your baby’s delicate stomach.
  • Mamia Gold 2 and 3 are casein-dominant, aiding your older infant’s transition to whole milk and solid foods.
  • A 900g tin costs only $12.99, making it great for parents on a budget.

Points of praise:

• Many reviewers found that their children digested this formula easily and it didn’t cause wind in their babies.
  • Most reviewers found ALDI Mamia Gold easy to prepare, making it one less stress for parents to deal with.
  • The handy packaging of this formula includes a lip on the inside of the tin to level off scoops, so you can have precise measurements with little effort.
  • Costing around half the price of many other formulas on the market, ALDI Mamia Gold is one of the cheapest formulas available.

Points to consider:

• This formula is exclusively available at ALDI, making it difficult to buy for some parents.
Compare all 3 ALDI Mamia Gold
CategoryBaby FormulasBaby FormulasBaby Formulas
Price (RRP) A$11.99
AgeInfant (0-6 months)Follow-On (6-12 Months)Toddler (1+ year)
Stage123