ALDI Mamia Gold

ALDI Mamia Gold

1, 2, 3

Pros

• Great value for money

• Convenient packaging

• Dissolves easily in water

• Gentle on your child's tummy

3.3

• Breastfed Child Yes (15) · No
  • Easy to PrepareYes (15) · No (0)
  • Caused Unease / Sickness Yes (5) · No (9)

beaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great product.

Purchased in September 2020 for A$12.99.

PinkyflopDarling Downs, QLD

Worst

I have always liked aldi’s item but this milk formula that i have tried ended up my daughter into the emergency twice due to allergic reaction i have only given her about 50-60mls and ended up in the hospital.

Purchased in June 2020 at ALDI for A$12.99.

Bella

BellaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

excellent formula so far switching from more expensive was easy without fuss or issues.

Our baby likes the formula easy to digest and is not constipated. We switched from more expensive to find Aldi better overall plus the price is very low so far. 5 stars.

Purchased in January 2020 at ALDI for A$12.99.

Find out how ALDI Mamia Gold compares to other Baby Formulas

Green poo, not easily digestive, vomit couple of times as well

Switch from Nan, terrible experience baby was uncomfortable all night and green poo, hard to digest as baby vomits even after burp. Baby loose some weight as well.
No No to this product.

Purchased in February 2020 at ALDI for A$12.99.

Chai

ChaiSouth East Queensland, QLD

My baby was not with this

My baby was not happy with this mamia , immediately gave our child very bad constipation. Couldnt sleep & pass poo.Moreover my son suddenly start screaming & it’s continued 2 hrs , so we need to admitted him to the hospital .Switched back again to Aptimal.

Purchased in January 2020 for A$12.00.

A spoon full of sugar

A spoon full of sugarMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Perfect formula with a good price tag

We started our baby off on NAN - baby didnt seem too fussed but at $30 and the varied availability we changed to Mamia. Baby likes it and has had no side effects, it's only $13 and it's always in stock. Every baby is different but this product really works well for us

Purchased in January 2020 at ALDI for A$13.00.

Maisha21

Maisha21Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good except...

My baby drinks it no problem, just as much as the step 1 mamia gold. He does not seem to have any side effect from it. The formula is easy to prepare. The only downside is that it has a strong metalic scent/flavour that you can't ignore.

Purchased in January 2020 at ALDI.

Sunny88

Sunny88Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

One of Our Favorites

My toddler does not like cows milk, so I tried to give Mamia Gold 3. It has been good so far. We have been using it for almost 3 months now. No constipation. My toddler drank about 3-4 bottles a day on top of normal solids diet and water. The only thing is the scoop is bigger than our previous formula. Try to use a bigger bottle when preparing 4 scoops. I had 230 mls wide neck bottle and it just wont fit 200 mls of water plus 4 scoops of formula nicely. Overall, good product & very affordable price.

Purchased in November 2019 at ALDI for A$13.00.

Srah

Srah

Perfect

Baby just seems to enjoy drinking this formula and diapers are good not constipated no side effects easy to prepare.tried different types of formula but this is just perfect thanks

Purchased in September 2019 at ALDI for A$13.00.

sahil a.

sahil a.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Only bubbles and gas when made

Very hard on my baby tummy. When mixed with water, create so much bubbles which indeed goes in baby tummy and he was unsettled unhappy crying for 3-4nights, then i finally switched to Nan and now he is so settled with it. Al gas issues gone. No leg doing upwards, no farts, not many berps and no bubbles with Nan. Hate mamia

Purchased in September 2019 at ALDI for A$12.99.

Buyer beware!

Switched to this formula from another and immediately gave our child very bad constipation. Couldnt sleep, couldnt pass poo and threw his entire schedule out the window. Switched back to our original formula after 5-6 days and symptoms immediately disappered. Constipation was so bad our baby was passing bloody mucus causing everyone stress and doctor visits. AVOID.

Purchased in September 2019 at ALDI for A$20.00.

Sarah M.

Sarah M.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Baby took to it perfectly

I mix feed due to dropping of supply. So she has her last feed on formula. I have found this to be the best on her stomach, even as we progress into solids

Purchased in May 2019 at ALDI.

Andrea R.

Andrea R.Illawarra, NSW

My baby loves this formula and it’s half the price!

We were originally using Aptamil anti reflux for formula tops ups, and after a session with the lactation consultant she suggested we switch formulas to avoid constipation (the anti reflux formula is super thick). She said Mamia is a good option and also cheap so we have it a go and we’ve never looked back. No more constipation, it’s easy to prepare, my baby loves to drink it - and it’s half the price of Aptamil! I don’t even have to wait for it to go on sale or struggle with stock levels in store. I will be sticking with this for the little mans formula top ups. We haven’t had any reflux problems with it either it would appear, so go figure!!

Purchased in August 2019 for A$12.99.

Corine

CorineHunter Region, NSW

Perfect !

When my baby was refusing to feed from me I tried giving him this formula and he loved it from day one! Still using this formula and have had no bad reactions!

Purchased in March 2019 at ALDI for A$13.00.

Maddy

MaddyAdelaide

Never Again!

I wish I was one of the hundreds of mum's giving this product a 5 star review - alas, I am not.
Pros - easy to prepare, larger scoop meaning less scoops, cheap and affordable, ingredients are in comparison or better than some of the other reputable brands.
Cons - PROJECTILE VOMITING, baby doesn't like the taste, unsettled, crying.
I gave my him two feeds and that's enough for us. He only drank half the bottles (never happens) and within half an hour was vomiting everything back up.
Just doesn't sit right with him unfortunately. Back to NAN Comfort for us.

Purchased in March 2019 for A$12.99.

Julie

Julieasked

Gold 1

What’s the amount for a 2month old each feed of formula

Jess 1984

Jess 1984asked

Mamia Gold 2

Has any body notice like a nappy rash on there bodies from formula ?

bea

No,I haven't. Both my babies have been on this,my 7month is on number 2 now and he hasn't had any rashes. Be sure to check you haven't changed washing powder,soaps,been in new clothes,changed to different nappies or wipes...etc. It could be contact dermatitis or sweat rash. Just take bubs to doctor to make sure it's nothing serious.

Ben

Benasked

Mamia Gold

Is it possible to get a sample pack to see if my baby will like this formula? She is 16 months old.

Pinkyflop

Hi I am not sure about sample pack but it would be a good try to ask their customer service.. they probably will, but their price is pretty good anyway

Get an answer from our members and ALDI representatives

Features:

• For newborns through to toddlers.
  • ALDI Mamia Gold 1 is a whey-dominant formula, making it easy on your baby’s delicate stomach.
  • Mamia Gold 2 and 3 are casein-dominant, aiding your older infant’s transition to whole milk and solid foods.
  • A 900g tin costs only $12.99, making it great for parents on a budget.

Points of praise:

• Many reviewers found that their children digested this formula easily and it didn’t cause wind in their babies.
  • Most reviewers found ALDI Mamia Gold easy to prepare, making it one less stress for parents to deal with.
  • The handy packaging of this formula includes a lip on the inside of the tin to level off scoops, so you can have precise measurements with little effort.
  • Costing around half the price of many other formulas on the market, ALDI Mamia Gold is one of the cheapest formulas available.

Points to consider:

• This formula is exclusively available at ALDI, making it difficult to buy for some parents.
Compare all 3 ALDI Mamia Gold
CategoryBaby FormulasBaby FormulasBaby Formulas
Price (RRP) A$11.99
AgeInfant (0-6 months)Follow-On (6-12 Months)Toddler (1+ year)
Stage123