3ALDI Mamia Gold

79% · 21637 · 14%

Maddy
MaddyAdelaide10 posts

Never Again!

I wish I was one of the hundreds of mum's giving this product a 5 star review - alas, I am not.
Pros - easy to prepare, larger scoop meaning less scoops, cheap and affordable, ingredients are in comparison or better than some of the other reputable brands.
Cons - PROJECTILE VOMITING, baby doesn't like the taste, unsettled, crying.
I gave my him two feeds and that's enough for us. He only drank half the bottles (never happens) and within half an hour was vomiting everything back up.
Just doesn't sit right with him unfortunately. Back to NAN Comfort for us. Show details
Bianca
BiancaSouthern and Hills, SA22 posts

Easy on the tummy

My son has been drinking this since day 2, loves it! for $13 a tin whats the point of paying extra if he likes it and gets all the vitamins and nutrients he needs? Show details
ABBA
ABBASydney, NSW

Seems ok but

Seems like good value formula and was fine for baby however, worth noting a few things about the consistency and production. The consistency is a bit thicker than some of the other we tried, it takes a while to dilute even with intense shaking and some powder almost always gets stuck inside the bottle. The label states that it’s ‘packed in Australia from at least 68% Australian ingredients’. I’m not sure about that. Where is the other 32% packed ? I’ve asked ALDI but have not received a response yet. Show details
anndee
anndeeCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC11 posts

great product at an amazing price!

I used Nan when baby came home from the hospital as thats what they were using but it ran out of stock at three of my closest supermarkets and so I decided to try the Mamia. I was paying $29.95 for the Nan and the Mamia costs $12.99. My baby was super constipated on the Nan but was having normal BM's within three days on the Mamia. I am really really happy with the formula and wow, at $13 a can, you simply cant go wrong.

Malexandra
Malexandra

Affordable, baby takes it well and cause no constipation

My baby goes really well with this formula. He likes the taste, cause no constipation, easy to make and very affordable! What i like from this it contains more whey comparing to the casein. What parents might also need to know is that this formula doesn’t contain probiotics in the ingredients

Becca89
Becca89VictoriaAustralia15 posts

Very Bad for us

I’m writing this review purely as a warning to other parents.

We decided to do a slow ween from BF prior to returning to work in May so I bought some mamia gold to try. It didn’t occur to me to test some out on my bub before giving a full feed because it’s for babies, so I have my son 240ml and he guzzled it. Around an hour later he had developed a full body red welty itchy rash which hung around for 8 hours before it resolved. I looked on the can and the formula contains milk (no allergic), soy and fish (both not introduced). I should have read the can and the onus of that is on me but I was really surprised that a formula for babies would contain allergens.

Danny V
Danny VSydney

We've got twins and both babies love it

We tried quite a few baby formulas before settling on Aldi. The main reason that we changed was because our babies were getting stomach cramps at times when using the other formulas. We were amazed when we tried the Aldi formula because it just worked and also stopped the need for any burping too. We've used stage 1, 2 and just about to start now on stage 3. We also buy nappies and other baby stuff there as well.

Imy
Imy

Never look back

My bub has been on this formula for a couple of months now, previously we were on karicare and since changing her to Mamia Gold she is now not gassy at all, has regular poos and loves the taste. We can’t be happier. We went from goats milk formula that was $36 to Karicare which was around $20 to now $12 for Mamia gold and it’s the best formula she has been on!

Meg
MegPenrith8 posts
  Verified 1

Not for my baby but good

Many of my friends were using this formula and thought it was wonderful so I thought I'd give it a go. As I was transitioning from my old formula to this one it seemed to go OK but when I was using just Aldi on its own it cause a lot of reflux with my baby and it upset tummy which he never had before. Disappointed because I know a lot of people love it and it's half the price of the one that I've had to be buying. I'll give it a go with my next child

shoppahholick26
shoppahholick26Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC11 posts

Used since the start, highly recommend

I have been mixed feeding and this has been my formula from the start. Easy to prepare, easy to purchase or always available, great value for money at $12.99 which is helpful to our single income, and no complaints from lil bubba. At this price, I have no issue purchasing a full back up tin for storage so I am not worried if we "suddenly" run out.

Jessica.L
Jessica.LSydney6 posts

God sent

After trying 4 different formulas from $17-$30 this was the only one that didn’t constipate my son, or left him unsatisfied.

We now finally have regular bowl movements and a good sleep from 4-5hr between feeds which is now increasing as he’s intake has increased aswell!

Plus $12 saving so much $$$$ this has been a god sent!

Nothappyjan
Nothappyjan8 posts

Perfect

Great formula! We compared ingredients on the back with leading brands and its the same stuff but better. It kept my baby full throughout the night and he enjoyed drinking it more comoared to others. We experienced no side effects or reaction from changing to this formula. Its easy to prepare and so much cheaper! Love love love and highly recommend people give this a try

Sarah B
Sarah BCanberra 2600, ACT3 posts

Flared up reflux and caused constipation

We put our baby onto this formula at around 2 weeks old. He was often straining hard to poo but one particular day he was screaming for two hours and was so constipated so we had to move him off this formula.

Our baby also has reflux and since moving off this formula it has dramatically improved.

He did manage to have long stretches of sleep on this formula at night however, that was the one plus side.

Lis
Lis58 posts

Great transition from 1

From birth i used Mamia gold 1 and once i started her on solids around 4 months, i switched to this. She made the transition with no issues, maybe a little more constipation but i can't say it is from this. I just make sure she is having water as well. Bub loves it and it is prepared the same as the others. At 5 months we are having 180ml(3 sccops) and the tin lasts about 1.5wks

Tanvir
TanvirSydney, NSW20 posts

Too much protein in the milk

Recently, I have bought Mamia New born formula for my daughter. The formula is Ok until we have consulted with the community nurse where she told us that the formula has got more protein contain in it, compare to the other reputed brand. When I compare the ingredients I have seen that difference. She told us that is a major cause of obesity in children and is not suitable for children. Due to high protein contain the price is cheaper than other brand. Think twice when you buy the formula for kids. consult the right person re the rand of the formula.

Juliamc
JuliamcEDGEWORTh7 posts

made bubs very restless at sleep time

Bubs really didn't like this one. The 6 or 7 feeds of this I gave her all resulted in a lot of gas, wind and sleeplessness nights. Wont risk again.

It was easy enough to prepair and really cost effective but it's not worth being exhausted over. Sorry Aldi, its a no from me

Natasha R
Natasha RAU5 posts

It's cheap and okay

Yes but I didn't like the way the powder felt and it spilt easy which I wasn't fun

Yes, he loved it

No sides effects what so ever.

It's a great brand if you want something cheap and I used to use karicare brands before it so must taste the same

Bel
BelSydney, NSW2 posts

love love love

Hospital and midwives told me nan formula ha is the best but after baby had foul farts, constipation and dark green to black poo’s we switched to aldi mamia and it has fixed babies foul smelling farts they have no odour.. no more consitpation and regular daily poo’s and saves you money!!! 10/10 no complaints

emmady
emmadyrobina7 posts

Love this product

I have tried this for my last baby (4).. the price is great,my bubba loves it and no constipation!!!which the other brands did. I definately recommmed this brand over all the others! i was sceptical at first but I’m so glad I gave it a go. hands down my choice.

Dbuz
DbuzWestern District, VIC8 posts

Cheaper than the others and just as good

My toddler loves her daily bottle of formula. Baby formula is so well regulated that you know it is going to be of good quality. Perhaps if my bub was reliant on formula I wouldn’t risk buying a cheaper brand, but it has every vitamin and mineral she needs (the reason why I give her a bottle of formula each day).

Bryony
BryonyPerth2 posts

Loved it!

Loved Mamia stage 1 & 2 so much cheaper than other brands by almost 50%! Not a big fan of stage 3 tastes like there is a lot of sugar in it and my boy got spots on his face but not sure if that was linked. He’s on whole cows milk now anyway

Alie
AlieAustralia6 posts

This is the only formula my bub will drink

I went through so many but all the other brands either caused constipation or diarrhoea.

Pros

Easy to make

Cheap

Easy to find!!! Does not sell out like other brands

Cons

Aldi is the only retailer for this so uf you don't have aldi near then it would be hard to get.

Kate
KateIpswich8 posts

Great and affordable

We used nan from 10 weeks old then switched to mammia around 14 weeks due to cost of formula and noticed no changed in her at all. She gulps it done and has had no troubles drinking it. She’s had two days of not pooping but she also had a cold but went back to normal after that. Has also had some dark green poos but I have read that’s also normal (?). Can’t fault this product, happy healthy baby.

WynonaW
WynonaWMelbourne5 posts

Don't let the price fool you!

Fantastic formula that we moved on to for stage 2 to save some money. It's about half the price of the one we were buying before and it's just as great. It does bubble up quite a lot, fortunately for us gas has never been an issue for our daughter so the bubbles didn't make a difference for us. Sometimes you do need hotter water to have no sediments but if you mix it well enough it should be fine. For the price it is definitely comparable to the best and the rest on the market, especially when you have a look at the ingredients, vitamins and minerals used, you'd be surprised!

Tyler
TylerNewcastle2 posts

Do yourself a favour and try it!!

When my baby was first born I was buying the most expensive tins of formula because I thought best for my bun but the price doesn't make it better!! He was constipated and gassy so I tried everything. It wasn't until I brought ALDI formula which I never imagined me doing but i seen major improvements and now he has been on it for a year! Give it ago and save some money while your at it

Kristin J
Kristin JAU2 posts

Happy baby

Mamia was great when I had to slowly change from breast feeding to bottle feeding. My LO loved it and has had no troubles with his tummy or poo when using this formula.

I find it very easy to follow the instructions and I also love the price compared to other products on the market

Vivaliciouschic
VivaliciouschicGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC6 posts
Jonny
Jonny7 posts

Quality product with good price

I like this formula as it went with my baby. I tried few other but none is as effective as Mamia gold products. I am glad that i tried this product. It's only available in Aldi which is only the drawback. We have to go to Aldi store to buy this product.

Sharyn35
Sharyn35Brisbane8 posts

Gave my Bub Constipation

My Bub loved the Mamia Stage 1 formula, but the switch to Stage 2 gave him constipation. We tried offering extra water between feeds and prunes, pears, paw paw, but constipation only slightly improved whilst on this formula. A little disappointing as we had to research which formulas were best for constipation. We switched to NAN Optipro HA Gold 2 and had no more issues with constipation.

Jacro
Jacro2 posts

Not for us

Made our baby very spewy unfortunately as the product is a great price and was great for keeping him regular. Disappointed this didn’t work for our little baby. Also found he was quite rashy around the mouth which could of been a bit of a reaction from him as well

Kate
Kate3 posts

Happy with Mamia

We have been using Mamia Gold 1 on our 8 week old since he was born. We haven’t had any issues with wind or reflux and it doesn’t seem to upset his stomach (he has regular, normal bowel movements). We will happily keep using this formula, with the rate we go through it the price is also a bonus for us!

Miz
Miz

So far the best formula as compare to other expensive a brands

This is the best formula milk as compare to other so called expensive brands which causes constipation to my baby whether it's s26 Nan or Blackmore's tried all of them...but this mamia gold is best..keep up the good work Aldi stores

Highly recommended cheap and best..if ever I HV another baby I'll go for this only

Melissa
MelissaBendigo8 posts

Pretty much s 26 gold

Love it at only 13$ it's the best Iv tried my son was on s26 gold but when I compared ingredients and tried him on this he didn't even notice the difference never had any problems and doesn't seem to smell as bad as other brands definitely two big thumbs up

MadSaiga
MadSaigaSydney2 posts

Affordable formula for babies

I've used Nan Pro Gold previously for my 2 older kids which was over $20 & my babies got constipated. Ever since we've tried Mamia Gold for our 3rd baby, it's cheaper and been the best that she has been to open bowels easy and bring her wind up easily. I'd highly recommend this as we've had no issues ever since. Love how cheap it is too.

Aleksandra K
Aleksandra KGold Coast13 posts

Affordable yet great ingredients

Tried this on my bub who is mixed feeding, she absolutely loves it. Some of the vitamins in it are even higher than in a more expensive formula like the $30 aptimal, honestly recommend it to anyone looking for either a full time formula or just to top up bubs who is breastfeeding.

Lis
Lisnewcastle8 posts

Great!

I have a newborn and been topping up breastmilk with this formula. Bub loves it and has had no problems such as reflux, so far (4 weeks). Great affordable price and comparable to the bigger priced formula.

Bub is gaining weight and very healthy! even though the midwives frown upon formula feeding, i can't recommend this enough.

Emma A
Emma A6 posts

Good formula so far

I have just started using this formula with my newborn as a supplement to breast milk. She seems to be having no issues with it so far and enjoys the taste. I have not noticed any differences between this formula and more expensive brands of formula that I was previously using.

Loretta
LorettaSydney, NSW4 posts

Fantastic so far! The price and product is top notch!

I have been using this product for a month on my newborn as I was unable to breastfeed. I'm really happy with this product so far! The price is great and it's gentle on my little boys stomach. He's thriving on it! Highly recommend it! I don't see how the expensive brands can be any better!

sumteng
sumtengBrisbane7 posts

My little one loved it

Mr happy loves the formula and had no reactions or constipation. Had plenty of dirty nappies and a great increase in weight proportionate to his age. We saved a ton of money for the same results. Was a great relief when my milk dried up and I could no longer breastfeed, this answered all our requirements.

Lynn m
Lynn m11 posts

Great formula. Baby enjoyed it better than the $28 formula

Great value. My son prefers it better than the $28 formula he had been on for 6 months, he was starting to refuse the bottle more and more so I decided to change as it was becoming a waste of money with him not drinking it. He was gaining little weight from drinking less and now he's drinking more. Not sure if he was sick of it or not but he took well to Aldi's formula. Same nappies too. No problems. I save more, he drinks more. We are both happy. Also means I can get him his formula on my weekly shop without going to Coles :-) Thanks Aldi.