Man With A Van

Man With A Van

Reckless with property

The move was quite small; a bed frame, washing machine, fridge and small mattress from a unit to an apartment about 10 minutes away. At first I though that the boys were being a bit rough with our things but trusted that they knew how to do their job. I was wrong, the fridge had a small scrath that I was willing to look past but the furniture had massive scratches on it. It really showed how they did not care about someone elses property and doing a professional job.

Very slow and missed the mark

Charge 30 mins for 11mins. Originally quoted 2.5hrs and it took 4.5hrs. Slow and took their time which was the result of an extra 2hrs and missing my allotted building move in time. Found them plugging in appliances which I didn't request (A fridge should be left for an hour at least after movement to let gases settle). Not impressed. Go with a company that will quote accurately and not rip you off.

Hi Tia, I'm sorry to hear that you weren't happy with the service. Please feel free to give me a call on 94173443 or email to managers @ manwithavan.com.au so that we can discuss your move and see if there's anything we can do to make amends. Alex (manager)

Terrible Customer Service

What seemed a simple request to pick up brand new boxed items was apparently too hard. A list of items were supplied, but apparently, the list wasn't good enough, photos were needed... 2 days of back and forth, finally photos were supplied the afternoon prior to needing the goods picked up. No response until the following morning to say they had no trucks available, so therefore missed the opportunity to get this done.
Extremely painful to deal with, so I wouldn't be recommending these guys.

Hi Andrew, My apologies for our response to your request, which was poor. We certainly never want to leave anyone in the lurch. I've sent you through an email with more details. Please have a look over it if you get the chance, and reply if you'd like. I'm available on 94173443 and at managers@manwithavan.com.au Thanks, Alex (Manager)

Very Disappointing

I had received rave reviews regarding Man with A Van so I contacted them and spoke in length about what is a very difficult move (I am very aware it is not an easy move and have been very upfront with this). The first gentleman was lovely and we spoke for over 30 mins in depth regarding the move and all the requirements and then he sent me the quote with a booking number for me to ring back and book. So after much research I ring back to book the quote and suddenly my move had gone from a very reasonable price to being an extra $300 more minimum (not to mention this is only a quote so who knows if it would have gone up significantly again on the actual day). Apparently the first guy had made a mistake and misquoted me, even though the figures and time are the same on the original quote I was sent. Needless to say I haven't booked with them and have instead gone with another company who are better at training their staff to be consistent in their booking charges. My word of caution - do not book without triple checking the charges as they are likely to add extra charges than originally quoted just because you are speaking to someone different. I wonder if I rang back a third time I would get a different quote again???? I was originally very keen to book with them as I had heard such great things but after this experience I will certainly be offering my experience to anyone I know wanting to move and just advising that they always triple check the cost multiple times with multiple different staff members to ensure it stays the same.

Very inefficient service

The service took too long to collect my good, pack the van and then deliver them. It was simple job that took too long and wasted my money!

Hi Marcus, appreciate the feedback. As you and I have discussed previously, your job took our minimum working time of one hour, resulting in our minimum charge of one hour plus the fixed travel charge. The charges were detailed in the confirmation emails sent to you before the job took place. I'm happy to discuss in detail if you'd like to give me a call on 94173443. Thanks, Alex Robb (Manager)

Guys on the ground; 10/10. Planning and head office 0/10

Planned my move via the web portal, was provided approximate time and cost. On the day not all furniture would fit into the truck, so only one trip made as the truck and removalists were committed elsewhere. the result? I was stranded and had to complete the move that afternoon & evening with multiple trips in my car. The guys with the truck were great and did everything they could, their boss on the phone was a great example of appalling customer service include, yep, blaming the customer. He was too busy stonewalling my questions to hear the feedback that you need to make it clearer that if the estimate is wrong you get left stranded with no recourse.

Poor after service and standards

You will see from my reviews that I tend to write balanced reviews, based on facts. I leave emotion out of reviews as it often clouds what I am trying to write, or confuses potential customers of the experience. I know that every service provider can vary, along with individual personnel.

1. The people engaged to move my belongings turned up 45 minutes late, without any notification.

2. They damaged two items of furniture that they then denied taking responsibility for.

3. Their subsequent customer service appears to lack the balanced, complaint resolution company that you would expect from a company who advertises a more dynamic approach then their competitors.

Overall, I would urge you to think twice about what you have to move and look more closely at other service providers - particularly at their final costs, and their contractual obligations.

I do not rate this as a value for money service. For the one hour move, it has cost far more in monetary terms in now trying to work out how to repair two brand new pieces of furniture that were moved carelessly.

I would strongly urge caution and particularly, when asked to sign "confirmation of the move", that you actually read in more detail what that means.

I have now commenced litigation against the company and hope their insurers are more engaging that the service standards I have so far encountered.
The actual staff who arrived were pleasant
Inflated hidden charges. Curiously aggressive customer support manager and ambigious contract terms

Thank you for taking the time to review our service, and outlining to our customers what can happen when things don't go quite right during a move. I would like to apologise for the issues that have arisen - we do try as punctual as possible, however in this instance we were outside of our 1/2h arrival time, which I certainly apologise for. We ask that our customers notify us of damage at the completion of the move, and we are happy to take responsibility for damage that we have caused. Unfortunately, when advised nearly a week later, its very tough to take responsibility as there are a range of ways in which damage could have occurred outside of our control. We try very hard to make sure we get it right every time, so its really important our customers talk to us carefully about the details of their move so they understand what we can, and can't, do in these situations. As a gesture of goodwill, if you do need to move in the future, please contact me and I would be more than happy to offer a discount on the move. Once again, my apologies, and I can be contacted on 9417 3443 or via our website to discuss this further. MatthewI have requested your insurance details to pursue a claim, and you have refused that request. I will not be using your organisation again for fear that other items are damaged and you hide behind "damage not being observed" at the time it had occurred. I was helping your staff with the move and it is a tragedy I was not with them, supervising their every move so I could not have picked up on marks on NEW - dark - furniture. By all means hide behind your organisation, but don't for a second assume these marks were pre-existing as you indicated in your emails.

I'd love to get a quote as I am looking for a revivalists? I live in Melbourne from a 4 bedroomed house to same suburb Thank you Linda
Hi Linda, thanks for getting in touch. We'd be happy to help out with a price estimate. One option is to put in a booking request on our website, manwithavan.com.au, and we'll give you a call back to confirm the details and provide the prices estimate. Alternatively, you can give us a call on 03 9417 3443 before 6pm, and our phone staff can put together an estimate for you. Thanks, Alex Robb

Hi I'm moving from Parkville to West Brunswick in Oct. It's a double storey 3 bedroom townhouse into a Cal bungalow. Settlement in Oct - what is the ball park cost?
Hi Gen, The best option is to make a quick list of what you need moved, then give our office a call on 94173443. We've found some people in a three-bedroom home have twice as much to move as others, so speaking to you to get a feel for it would be necessary. Our rates are available at https://manwithavan.com.au/how-much and include insurance, fully-trained staff, no surcharges and a carbon-offset truck. Cheers, Alex

Are these reviews for Sydney or just Melbourne?
Hi Arna, We're a Melbourne-based service. Thanks, Alex.

Similar listings