Listing monitored by Man With A Van

Angie
Angie Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Disappointing customer service

I was estimated $1300 and 5-6 hours job. It took Removalists 11 hours to remove a small three bedroom house with only one bed. The two Removalists did a good job moving but the time it took was ridiculous.I was charged overtime over $300 per hour and it was due to them forgetting some of my items and going back and getting them which added so much time to the job. I had done 8 car loads of my fragiles and clothes from the wardrobes. I would not use them again and go to a more reputable Removalists in the future. The two young Removalists were great , management very disappointing when it came to discussing the time and the account.

Neil
NeilGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not very helpful

The guys were not very helpful today and did not pack well enough to get all the move on board.
It just seemed that they were only interested to do the minimum and get on their way

Tim B.Man With A Van

Hi Neil, sorry to hear that you didn't think we fit as much on board as possible. Please email us at theman@manwithavan.com.au if you'd like to discuss this further and we can follow up for you.

Alex Castro
Alex CastroGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Zero points should be better.

I booked a man with a van at 9am but the movers came at 12pm. Both boys worked very slowly. Both were very lazy and weak. They were not even allowed to carry a box. I'm telling all the viewers that move your stuff by yourself rather than using MAN WITH A VAN.
Very costly.Will never use again!

JacquelineS
JacquelineSGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

What... travel time!!!

They moved a 2 bedroom apartment and yaaa great price until the final bill!!! No way 2 hour travel fee both ways What joke... bit rubbish was not discussed when they quoted!!!

Julie. P
Julie. PGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Reckless with property

The move was quite small; a bed frame, washing machine, fridge and small mattress from a unit to an apartment about 10 minutes away. At first I though that the boys were being a bit rough with our things but trusted that they knew how to do their job. I was wrong, the fridge had a small scrath that I was willing to look past but the furniture had massive scratches on it. It really showed how they did not care about someone elses property and doing a professional job.

Men on the go

Small move only 5 minutes away. Alex and Alex were in and out in a flash.... smoothly delivered to new place and set up in minutes. Dropped off fridge to another place. Thanks guys.

Thanks Lorraine.

Tia
Tiamelbourne

Very slow and missed the mark

Charge 30 mins for 11mins. Originally quoted 2.5hrs and it took 4.5hrs. Slow and took their time which was the result of an extra 2hrs and missing my allotted building move in time. Found them plugging in appliances which I didn't request (A fridge should be left for an hour at least after movement to let gases settle). Not impressed. Go with a company that will quote accurately and not rip you off.

Lisa
LisaMelbourne

Could probably find cheaper

1 BR apartment
The movers were friendly and on time
Some damage did occur.
I don’t like the fact that I had to pay an hours travel time for them to get to my site and to their next site, I don’t get paid to drive to my job?
Wouldn’t use again, wouldn’t recommend- based on price not labour.

Matt
MattVictoria

Very efficient and careful removalists

2 bedroom apartment on the 2 level with narrow stairs. Moved about 10minutes drive away and they did it all within the 3hrs. Very efficient and careful with our stuff. Never complained even though the couches were massive! Would recommend.

Cheers Matt.

Kp6
Kp6

Fantastic service

They arrived on time to move my furniture from my 2 bedroom apartment. They were quick and professional. I have used this service in the past and i highly recommend them.

Tim B.Man With A Van

Appreciate the kind words, happy we could help out again.

Bernie
BernieST KILDA

The guys kept the hustle from start to finish and delivered a good job

My move was a 2 bedroom apartment in an old flat with narrow stairs and walkways. I had enough stuff to furnish a 3 bedroom house, which is LOTS for a small apartment. The guys worked really hard and did not waste time. All key and critical items arrived in good condition. The key to success was to have everything packed and ready, and that we communicated how we wanted things done. The team was flexible and easy to communicate with. From an admin point of view the travel charges were a bit murky but I found a bit of comfort in that final amount was not too far from the quote I had received (except that I had moved 10sqm of items the day before). Service is great but you need to budget 20% more from what they quote to avoid discomfort.

Tim B.Man With A Van

Thanks for the feedback Bernie - we try to be as accurate as we can with our estimates. Glad it went well overall.

JackB
JackBMelbourne

Very poor - not what we expected.

Unfortunately the removalists they sent were arrogant and full of 'attitude'
Man with a Van under quoted the job - it ended up costing hundreds more (we've been reliably informed since that this is common with them to under quote customers)
And several items were damaged by them.

Terrible Customer Service

What seemed a simple request to pick up brand new boxed items was apparently too hard. A list of items were supplied, but apparently, the list wasn't good enough, photos were needed... 2 days of back and forth, finally photos were supplied the afternoon prior to needing the goods picked up. No response until the following morning to say they had no trucks available, so therefore missed the opportunity to get this done.
Extremely painful to deal with, so I wouldn't be recommending these guys.

Simon
SimonMelbourne

As good as it gets...

I needed a fridge, washer and pot plant moved from my second floor apartment in Fitzroy (via stairs) to Eltham. Apart from a small dent on the fridge door I was really happy until I saw the invoice. Expecting it to be about $200 I was surprised it was over $400... I hadn’t received the email outlining the pricing. I spoke to someone at the office and after he reviewed the booking call he realized there had been an error at their end including the incorrect email address and a failure to divulge all the necessary information. We met half way on the price. The movers were super friendly but, overall my experience is just good.

BKP