Man With A Van

Man With A Van

Amazing and friendly men!

The men that showed up were very friendly and did everything I requested which made it so easy to deal with. My furniture was locked up in the garage for some time and was very dusty. They had no issues with it at all. It was such an easy move. I highly recommend Man with a Van!
Reliable, easy to deal with, efficient

Cheers Annie! We're not afraid of a little dust! :)

Service was Great!

My in-laws used Man with a Van a couple years ago and found it very quick and easy way to relocate. The service was quick, the staff members who rocked up were on time and did the job in a timely matter. They didn't bludge which is good as I've heard a couple of other companys staff are lazy. Would highly recommend to anyone I know.

Thanks Ross! :)

Best Move Ever Man With A Van Are Fantastic!!!!!

I had a whole house of furniture and clutter to move and the guys from Man With A Van were more than excellent, They were Stupendous.
They called when they were on their way, and arrived with the most positive and professional attitudes. They moved all my furniture so carefully yet quickly, taking care with antiques and stacking boxes in the truck with space saving prowess.
They pushed through the final stages of little bits and pieces all over the place and stacked every single thing I own into the truck. With not enough room for my pot-plants they supplied an extra truck so it would all be done quickly and in one go.
Upon arrival at my new home they unpacked and took all items to their destined rooms, offering to move heavy furniture into it's final position before leaving, and did all this at high speed, saving me money. Not a single thing was damaged in this whole process, unlike the past DIY moves I've done.
I recommend Man With A Van: 100% BRILLIANT!
Also they laughed at all my bad jokes and didn't make me feel embarrassed about yucky things found beneath fridges.
experienced, careful, reassuring, professional, quick, budget-friendly.

Poor after service and standards

You will see from my reviews that I tend to write balanced reviews, based on facts. I leave emotion out of reviews as it often clouds what I am trying to write, or confuses potential customers of the experience. I know that every service provider can vary, along with individual personnel.

1. The people engaged to move my belongings turned up 45 minutes late, without any notification.

2. They damaged two items of furniture that they then denied taking responsibility for.

3. Their subsequent customer service appears to lack the balanced, complaint resolution company that you would expect from a company who advertises a more dynamic approach then their competitors.

Overall, I would urge you to think twice about what you have to move and look more closely at other service providers - particularly at their final costs, and their contractual obligations.

I do not rate this as a value for money service. For the one hour move, it has cost far more in monetary terms in now trying to work out how to repair two brand new pieces of furniture that were moved carelessly.

I would strongly urge caution and particularly, when asked to sign "confirmation of the move", that you actually read in more detail what that means.

I have now commenced litigation against the company and hope their insurers are more engaging that the service standards I have so far encountered.
The actual staff who arrived were pleasant
Inflated hidden charges. Curiously aggressive customer support manager and ambigious contract terms

Thank you for taking the time to review our service, and outlining to our customers what can happen when things don't go quite right during a move. I would like to apologise for the issues that have arisen - we do try as punctual as possible, however in this instance we were outside of our 1/2h arrival time, which I certainly apologise for. We ask that our customers notify us of damage at the completion of the move, and we are happy to take responsibility for damage that we have caused. Unfortunately, when advised nearly a week later, its very tough to take responsibility as there are a range of ways in which damage could have occurred outside of our control. We try very hard to make sure we get it right every time, so its really important our customers talk to us carefully about the details of their move so they understand what we can, and can't, do in these situations. As a gesture of goodwill, if you do need to move in the future, please contact me and I would be more than happy to offer a discount on the move. Once again, my apologies, and I can be contacted on 9417 3443 or via our website to discuss this further. MatthewI have requested your insurance details to pursue a claim, and you have refused that request. I will not be using your organisation again for fear that other items are damaged and you hide behind "damage not being observed" at the time it had occurred. I was helping your staff with the move and it is a tragedy I was not with them, supervising their every move so I could not have picked up on marks on NEW - dark - furniture. By all means hide behind your organisation, but don't for a second assume these marks were pre-existing as you indicated in your emails.

Better than most, but far from the best

I used two men and one of the smaller trucks to move a bedrooms worth of things across the city. Everything ran pretty smoothly on the way to the drop-off. The only critique I had on the way there is that it felt like one of the guys was trying a bit too hard to be personable and friendly. I was just trying to get from A to B but he kept going on and on, talking and asking some fairly personal questions. I'm fine with small talk, and/or more, but it was the first time I'd ever met this guy.
Once we had reached our destination my girlfriend who was waiting for us asked one of the men if he could take his shoes of as he was transporting mud and dirt into the house. He looked a bit put out by her comment and responded with something like, "It will come out if you try to clean it". Not the response we were expecting. Two days prior we had just spent $250 having the carpet professionally cleaned.
The other chap kindly offered to put some old rugs down and they continued.
The job was finished about 5 minutes late and the men didn't charge us for the any over-time. This was also appreciated.
Upon them leaving I realised that I was missing some steel bed braces for an IKEA bed. I called Man with A Van the next day thinking that I had left them in the truck. The customer service rep said he would get in touch with my driver and try to locate them. I waited 2 days with zero response. I called customer service again a few days later, this time the rep told me that there was no history of my enquiry. He informed me that he would contact my driver and someone would contact me. I asked him, just to make sure, "someone from your company will be in touch with me regarding this issue soon, yes?" He replied with a definite "yes".
I'm yet to hear anything from the company, or any of it's employees. So yeah, I real mixed experience. Some nice moments, but generally, very poor service. Wouldn't rush back to these guys.

Easiest move I've ever had!

My partner and I combined his house and my house into our new house. With Man With A Van's wonderful men we did it all in half a day and much cheaper than any other move I've had. Only move I've done where nothing at all was damaged! Men were so helpful, worked so hard and were so willing. Man With A Van is a lifesaver and I would highly recommend them. Lena & Adrian

Best movers

Moved a 1 bedroom apartment. Very fast and efficient, no belongings even at risk of being damaged. The moving men are incredibly friendly and helpful.

Easy move, great chaps

Rock solid service. I've moved several times with Man With a Van over the years, they really take the stress out of the whole process.

Man With a Van always delivers excellence!

‘Man with A Van’ deliver out sculptures, they are efficient & pleasant which is valuable to us in keeping our clients happy with a delivery that is prompt and efficient. Thanks you never let us down. Surrey Sculpture Studio

Efficient, friendly and pleasant movers

I've used Man with a Van twice now and they are still great. I was especially pleased with how quickly and efficiently they were able to dismantled my bed frame and reassemble it at the new address. Thanks guys!

Helpful and Efficient

We had to move furniture back into and within our apartment after work repairing a parquetry floor had been completed. The 2 men who attended were extremely efficient and very careful to avoid any damage to our home and possessions.
Man With A Van has always given us very good service but Nick and Tom were outstanding.
If you use this firm, from our experience, you can be confident that the service will be satisfactory and that there is a good chance that it will be excellent

Have used Man with a Van for every move in last 10 years - just awesome!

We had a 3 bedroom place with a lot of clutter that we hadn't yet sorted out. Not a grumble from the boys even in 43 degree heat. Courteous, efficient, friendly and even gave my mum bandaids when she hurt herself. Love man with a van!!

Best Move Ever!

I've moved apartments 5 times in the last 7 years. This is the third time I've used "the Man" and it was the best move yet. The men knew what they were doing, were efficient and or course, friendly and engaging. Completed the job early, even though we were held up at our destination. Great job all round.

The last word in hassle free

My move had a couple of large items (ie queen mattress) but also a lot of loose things not easily boxed.

Man With A Van were easy to book over the phone and volunteered helpful advice for the job size I needed, they did not try to up-sell me. On the day they kept me up to date with where they were tracking. The move itself was very efficient; Matt was laid back but organized and made the whole annoyance of moving stress-free.

Would definitely hire again.

Great job all went smoothly

Moved my children from Bundoora to Chadstone. Arrived on time and in and out at both ends quickly and efficiently. Thanks guys a big job made easy. All settled into new place by that night.

Wonderful Service

We used Man with a van to move archive boxes and folders from our storage facility to our office. The guys who came out where wonderful and in two hours everything was safely moved and delivered. We would highly recommend the service and will definitely not hesitate to use the service again!

Tetris

Alistair and Ben were fantastic - efficient, friendly and very capable. They made our stuff fit so well into a truck we thought was not going to be big enough. We were very impressed.
Going to use them again!

Super quick, efficient and friendly! 11 out of 10.

Needed someone to immediately get our v special Tait outdoor table home. Ralph arrived in 5 mins. We loaded up drove to our place. All done! He was v professional, helpful and friendly. Will defo use again.

Efficient, super quick and very friendly

Just amazing. Moved all of our furniture in under 4 hours and we wouldn't be happier. Would recommend Man with a Van to everyone. Thank you Ben and Fred!

Best movers in Melbourne!

5 stars isn't enough. Great guys, super fast and took such care with my things. They were friendly, efficient and organised. Amazing!

I'd love to get a quote as I am looking for a revivalists? I live in Melbourne from a 4 bedroomed house to same suburb Thank you Linda
Hi Linda, thanks for getting in touch. We'd be happy to help out with a price estimate. One option is to put in a booking request on our website, manwithavan.com.au, and we'll give you a call back to confirm the details and provide the prices estimate. Alternatively, you can give us a call on 03 9417 3443 before 6pm, and our phone staff can put together an estimate for you. Thanks, Alex Robb

Hi I'm moving from Parkville to West Brunswick in Oct. It's a double storey 3 bedroom townhouse into a Cal bungalow. Settlement in Oct - what is the ball park cost?
Hi Gen, The best option is to make a quick list of what you need moved, then give our office a call on 94173443. We've found some people in a three-bedroom home have twice as much to move as others, so speaking to you to get a feel for it would be necessary. Our rates are available at https://manwithavan.com.au/how-much and include insurance, fully-trained staff, no surcharges and a carbon-offset truck. Cheers, Alex

Are these reviews for Sydney or just Melbourne?
Hi Arna, We're a Melbourne-based service. Thanks, Alex.

Similar listings