Man With A Van

Man With A Van

Reckless with property

The move was quite small; a bed frame, washing machine, fridge and small mattress from a unit to an apartment about 10 minutes away. At first I though that the boys were being a bit rough with our things but trusted that they knew how to do their job. I was wrong, the fridge had a small scrath that I was willing to look past but the furniture had massive scratches on it. It really showed how they did not care about someone elses property and doing a professional job.

Hi Julie, this is concerning - if you can get in touch with us and provide your job number, we can follow up with you to find a solution to this. We're available on 94173443 or managers@manwithavan.com.au I look forward to hearing from you so we can resolve this issue for you.

Very slow and missed the mark

Charge 30 mins for 11mins. Originally quoted 2.5hrs and it took 4.5hrs. Slow and took their time which was the result of an extra 2hrs and missing my allotted building move in time. Found them plugging in appliances which I didn't request (A fridge should be left for an hour at least after movement to let gases settle). Not impressed. Go with a company that will quote accurately and not rip you off.

Hi Tia, I'm sorry to hear that you weren't happy with the service. Please feel free to give me a call on 94173443 or email to managers @ manwithavan.com.au so that we can discuss your move and see if there's anything we can do to make amends. Alex (manager)

Terrible Customer Service

What seemed a simple request to pick up brand new boxed items was apparently too hard. A list of items were supplied, but apparently, the list wasn't good enough, photos were needed... 2 days of back and forth, finally photos were supplied the afternoon prior to needing the goods picked up. No response until the following morning to say they had no trucks available, so therefore missed the opportunity to get this done.
Extremely painful to deal with, so I wouldn't be recommending these guys.

Hi Andrew, My apologies for our response to your request, which was poor. We certainly never want to leave anyone in the lurch. I've sent you through an email with more details. Please have a look over it if you get the chance, and reply if you'd like. I'm available on 94173443 and at managers@manwithavan.com.au Thanks, Alex (Manager)

Very Disappointing

I had received rave reviews regarding Man with A Van so I contacted them and spoke in length about what is a very difficult move (I am very aware it is not an easy move and have been very upfront with this). The first gentleman was lovely and we spoke for over 30 mins in depth regarding the move and all the requirements and then he sent me the quote with a booking number for me to ring back and book. So after much research I ring back to book the quote and suddenly my move had gone from a very reasonable price to being an extra $300 more minimum (not to mention this is only a quote so who knows if it would have gone up significantly again on the actual day). Apparently the first guy had made a mistake and misquoted me, even though the figures and time are the same on the original quote I was sent. Needless to say I haven't booked with them and have instead gone with another company who are better at training their staff to be consistent in their booking charges. My word of caution - do not book without triple checking the charges as they are likely to add extra charges than originally quoted just because you are speaking to someone different. I wonder if I rang back a third time I would get a different quote again???? I was originally very keen to book with them as I had heard such great things but after this experience I will certainly be offering my experience to anyone I know wanting to move and just advising that they always triple check the cost multiple times with multiple different staff members to ensure it stays the same.

Very inefficient service

The service took too long to collect my good, pack the van and then deliver them. It was simple job that took too long and wasted my money!

Hi Marcus, appreciate the feedback. As you and I have discussed previously, your job took our minimum working time of one hour, resulting in our minimum charge of one hour plus the fixed travel charge. The charges were detailed in the confirmation emails sent to you before the job took place. I'm happy to discuss in detail if you'd like to give me a call on 94173443. Thanks, Alex Robb (Manager)

Guys on the ground; 10/10. Planning and head office 0/10

Planned my move via the web portal, was provided approximate time and cost. On the day not all furniture would fit into the truck, so only one trip made as the truck and removalists were committed elsewhere. the result? I was stranded and had to complete the move that afternoon & evening with multiple trips in my car. The guys with the truck were great and did everything they could, their boss on the phone was a great example of appalling customer service include, yep, blaming the customer. He was too busy stonewalling my questions to hear the feedback that you need to make it clearer that if the estimate is wrong you get left stranded with no recourse.

Poor after service and standards

You will see from my reviews that I tend to write balanced reviews, based on facts. I leave emotion out of reviews as it often clouds what I am trying to write, or confuses potential customers of the experience. I know that every service provider can vary, along with individual personnel.

1. The people engaged to move my belongings turned up 45 minutes late, without any notification.

2. They damaged two items of furniture that they then denied taking responsibility for.

3. Their subsequent customer service appears to lack the balanced, complaint resolution company that you would expect from a company who advertises a more dynamic approach then their competitors.

Overall, I would urge you to think twice about what you have to move and look more closely at other service providers - particularly at their final costs, and their contractual obligations.

I do not rate this as a value for money service. For the one hour move, it has cost far more in monetary terms in now trying to work out how to repair two brand new pieces of furniture that were moved carelessly.

I would strongly urge caution and particularly, when asked to sign "confirmation of the move", that you actually read in more detail what that means.

I have now commenced litigation against the company and hope their insurers are more engaging that the service standards I have so far encountered.
The actual staff who arrived were pleasant
Inflated hidden charges. Curiously aggressive customer support manager and ambigious contract terms

Thank you for taking the time to review our service, and outlining to our customers what can happen when things don't go quite right during a move. I would like to apologise for the issues that have arisen - we do try as punctual as possible, however in this instance we were outside of our 1/2h arrival time, which I certainly apologise for. We ask that our customers notify us of damage at the completion of the move, and we are happy to take responsibility for damage that we have caused. Unfortunately, when advised nearly a week later, its very tough to take responsibility as there are a range of ways in which damage could have occurred outside of our control. We try very hard to make sure we get it right every time, so its really important our customers talk to us carefully about the details of their move so they understand what we can, and can't, do in these situations. As a gesture of goodwill, if you do need to move in the future, please contact me and I would be more than happy to offer a discount on the move. Once again, my apologies, and I can be contacted on 9417 3443 or via our website to discuss this further. MatthewI have requested your insurance details to pursue a claim, and you have refused that request. I will not be using your organisation again for fear that other items are damaged and you hide behind "damage not being observed" at the time it had occurred. I was helping your staff with the move and it is a tragedy I was not with them, supervising their every move so I could not have picked up on marks on NEW - dark - furniture. By all means hide behind your organisation, but don't for a second assume these marks were pre-existing as you indicated in your emails.

Very poor - not what we expected.

Unfortunately the removalists they sent were arrogant and full of 'attitude'
Man with a Van under quoted the job - it ended up costing hundreds more (we've been reliably informed since that this is common with them to under quote customers)
And several items were damaged by them.

Hi Jack, I'm very sorry to hear that this job didn't go well. Please feel free to give me a call on 94173443 or email managers@manwithavan.com.au with the details of your job, so I can look into it for you. Regards, Alex (Manager)

Better than most, but far from the best

I used two men and one of the smaller trucks to move a bedrooms worth of things across the city. Everything ran pretty smoothly on the way to the drop-off. The only critique I had on the way there is that it felt like one of the guys was trying a bit too hard to be personable and friendly. I was just trying to get from A to B but he kept going on and on, talking and asking some fairly personal questions. I'm fine with small talk, and/or more, but it was the first time I'd ever met this guy.
Once we had reached our destination my girlfriend who was waiting for us asked one of the men if he could take his shoes of as he was transporting mud and dirt into the house. He looked a bit put out by her comment and responded with something like, "It will come out if you try to clean it". Not the response we were expecting. Two days prior we had just spent $250 having the carpet professionally cleaned.
The other chap kindly offered to put some old rugs down and they continued.
The job was finished about 5 minutes late and the men didn't charge us for the any over-time. This was also appreciated.
Upon them leaving I realised that I was missing some steel bed braces for an IKEA bed. I called Man with A Van the next day thinking that I had left them in the truck. The customer service rep said he would get in touch with my driver and try to locate them. I waited 2 days with zero response. I called customer service again a few days later, this time the rep told me that there was no history of my enquiry. He informed me that he would contact my driver and someone would contact me. I asked him, just to make sure, "someone from your company will be in touch with me regarding this issue soon, yes?" He replied with a definite "yes".
I'm yet to hear anything from the company, or any of it's employees. So yeah, I real mixed experience. Some nice moments, but generally, very poor service. Wouldn't rush back to these guys.

Could probably find cheaper

1 BR apartment
The movers were friendly and on time
Some damage did occur.
I don’t like the fact that I had to pay an hours travel time for them to get to my site and to their next site, I don’t get paid to drive to my job?
Wouldn’t use again, wouldn’t recommend- based on price not labour.

Hi Lisa, Thanks for your review and for using our service. We do charge a travel charge to get to and from addresses on a job, and we try to be totally clear about this prior to confirming bookings (we confirm all our charges - both over the phone and via email - prior to the move day). I'm sorry to hear that you don't agree with us charging for travel, but we believe it's fair and reasonable. I don't have a record of any damage occurring on the job we completed for you, but I'm certainly happy to look into a solution for you - if you can send through any images and details to managers@manwithavan.com.au we can go from there. Thanks, Alex (Manager)

As good as it gets...

I needed a fridge, washer and pot plant moved from my second floor apartment in Fitzroy (via stairs) to Eltham. Apart from a small dent on the fridge door I was really happy until I saw the invoice. Expecting it to be about $200 I was surprised it was over $400... I hadn’t received the email outlining the pricing. I spoke to someone at the office and after he reviewed the booking call he realized there had been an error at their end including the incorrect email address and a failure to divulge all the necessary information. We met half way on the price. The movers were super friendly but, overall my experience is just good.

Thanks for your feedback Simon, and apologies that there were some issues during the booking process. I'm glad we were able make amends through a discount on the day of the job. Hopefully we'll have the chance to move you again in future. Thanks, Alex (manager)

Men on the go

Small move only 5 minutes away. Alex and Alex were in and out in a flash.... smoothly delivered to new place and set up in minutes. Dropped off fridge to another place. Thanks guys.

Thanks Lorraine.

Very efficient and careful removalists

2 bedroom apartment on the 2 level with narrow stairs. Moved about 10minutes drive away and they did it all within the 3hrs. Very efficient and careful with our stuff. Never complained even though the couches were massive! Would recommend.

Cheers Matt.

Fantastic service

They arrived on time to move my furniture from my 2 bedroom apartment. They were quick and professional. I have used this service in the past and i highly recommend them.

Appreciate the kind words, happy we could help out again.

The guys kept the hustle from start to finish and delivered a good job

My move was a 2 bedroom apartment in an old flat with narrow stairs and walkways. I had enough stuff to furnish a 3 bedroom house, which is LOTS for a small apartment. The guys worked really hard and did not waste time. All key and critical items arrived in good condition. The key to success was to have everything packed and ready, and that we communicated how we wanted things done. The team was flexible and easy to communicate with. From an admin point of view the travel charges were a bit murky but I found a bit of comfort in that final amount was not too far from the quote I had received (except that I had moved 10sqm of items the day before). Service is great but you need to budget 20% more from what they quote to avoid discomfort.

Thanks for the feedback Bernie - we try to be as accurate as we can with our estimates. Glad it went well overall.

Made the move a whole lot easier

We were moving a 1bedroom home. The homes were 2ks apart. Quote given by call center guy was 3 hours.
The boys came in on time, started moving stuff with no fuss. They finished the job 30 minutes faster than the quoted time too. The only negative I have is, there were instances when I was moving faster than them.

Magic Moves!

Multiple, huge pieces of antique furniture? Multiple flights of stairs? No problem for these guys. The whole process, from initial enquiry to move completion, was carried out in a super-friendly and efficient way, faster than quoted and they even came early (checking by phone beforehand that this was OK). Thanks, TJ, James and Golden Girl. Will recommend Man with a Van to everyone.

Thanks Karen, glad to hear it went well.

Fantastic job arrived early and totally professional

We moved from a 2 bedroom upstairs aparment to an unit in a nearby suburb, Michael & Raff were totally professional, careful with our belongs and took great care in placing the items in our new place. Totally recommend Man with Van !!!! Huge thank you - Debra & Damon

Cheers, happy to hear it went well.

Nothing was too much trouble.

I needed some chairs picked up from an auction site and I needed it within 24 hours. Man with A Van to the rescue! A solid quote, van was there on time, with two of the nicest guys you could imagine. Alex and Costa were efficient, polite and respectful and...fun! I certainly recommend Man with A Van and I know that I will be using them again.

Glad we could get it sorted for you.

An excellent job!

2 bed unit, medium distance and the guys were excellent. Delievered quickly and professionally. Everything went according to plan and they helped me place some items that I wasn't sure about.

Thanks for the review, glad we could help out.