Online store, Physical store

Horrible
HorribleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Way too expensive

I’m not sure how these guys stay in business,
Looking at the prices of their livestock , a lot of their fish is 2 or three times more in price than you can get elsewhere. Then $120 in freight to regional airports , it makes it prohibited to order anything. Difficult to have a hobby with these prices . I would support them if the prices and service was there but i is insane!!

Don't waste your time

Online service is a JOKE. Took 3 weeks for 1 coral banded shrimp to arrive. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME!! Very difficult to contact through both phone and email. Useless. Disappointed I didn't read more reviews first myself, so don't make that same mistake

Menotyou
MenotyouSydney

Very Unprofessional and Very Unhelpful.

Rarely answers the phone and when they do it's "Hello" and not "Marine Fish Direct". Sent numerous emails but never had a reply to my simple queries or requests. Very unhelpful...

Tim C
Tim CHunter Region, NSW

Do Not Buy! Scammer Alert

Worst business in the country! Ordered a fish and was told it would be sent out the next day. A week later it was finally sent after being told multiple times it was sent. I checked with courier and they said this guy is renowned for lying. I had to threaten legal action to get my fish sent. Do not trust the 5 star reviews they are this scammer fooling people. I am a real customer saying do not buy anything from this guy. Fish arrived packed poorly covered in white spot. I am so angry and upset I didn't check reviews like this first. I do hope others learn from my mistake.

amazing called shop and they sold and delivered same day thanks again

i amazing called shop and they sold and delivered same day thanks again fish have settled in and are going great

Awesome customer service & amazing stock

I really love this place, customer service second to none & the quality & range of products are awesome. The owner takes amazing care of his customers & gives great advice

Beware.

I had got some fish from these guys in the past. Recently I was close by and decided to call in to have a look around...the front of the shop was all closed up and looked to be empty. When I drove round the back to go I noticed that there sign was up so took a look and immediately wished I had not. A few filthy tanks with very limited very sick fish. Avoid this business at your peril. I have no idea whether its the same people trading or not but this operation needs closing down

Wouldn't deal with them again!!!

Customer service crap!! Emails and ph calls about when items would be on flight.. nothing. Except a call that freight was at the airport!!!!!! Products crap, holes in bags, no notification that items had been sent on plane.. ppl do have jobs!!!! Look else where.

Horrible Service and Communication

Ordered 2 fish online. 3 days later turned up dead with no heat packs in the box. Tried to ring and email the company numerous times, they never get back to you. When you finally get onto him he says oh I will replace them. 2 weeks later still no fish. Rang again oh they have been sent should be delivered today. Well guess what 2 days later still no fish. I have bought fish online from other stores in Sydney and never had a problem fish always arrived next day healthy and happy. DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY.

great fish

i bought fish here 5 times now still going strong there told best fish to go together and the best order to put them in the tank

No communication

I placed an online order and waited for shipping notification which never came.
I called and was told my fish would be delivered the next day- (Tuesday)no fish- I then proceeded to leave approximately 8 messages and sent two emails and nothing- nada - no response-it's now Sunday and I've heard nothing!! Called left another message saying I've cancelled order- here's hoping they do the decent thing and refund me without me having to chase them but I doubt it!!! Never again!

LMC
LMC

Update
Eventually sent fish - they were the wrong kind !!!!
Not what I ordered at all!!! So sick of dealing with them I gave the fish away to friends- they found a good home.
Avoid never ever ever again!

Wai
Wai

Ripped off, poor communication

Nathan
NathanSydney, NSW

Don't bother.

Sick fish. Bad tanks. They have removed their Facebook reviews because it was constant 1 stars. I've been in store after driving for an hour and walked in for a few minutes and walked out. Employees are more interested in talking to each other then help customers. Went in to get a pair of snowflake clownfish but couldn't buy them because they looked like they were on deaths door.

Great Service

Staff was very helpful, got great advice and all the fish looked healthy. I bought a blue tang two months later its still thriving. I love coming back to this place, Marine Fish Direct is my go to place for anything to do with Marine Fish.

Dawso
DawsoSydney Surrounds, NSW

No contact

Without a doubt the worst online company I have dealt with. Ordered live rock got eta never arrived tried to contact seller on many occasions no reply. Had to raise refunf from PayPal refund declined and had to escalate to a claim finally got money back. DO NOT DEAL with this guy