Martec Lifestyle DLS1343W

See the Best Ceiling Fans in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Martec should be called Muppets

Martec is a shocking company. Warranty is baaaadd. I bought 3 fans . On install electrician showed me a ticking sound. Called martec warranty they told me to put fan on winter setting. This seemed to get rid of tick.. THEN it returned. Had Martec come to party for their electrician to look at. He told me there is a known fault. So he installed a spacer.. solved. But no the other two fans develop tick. Contact Martec they send electrician. Both fans same issue as first. Both had same fix. However Martec only will claim one as warranty as other had a bit of head wire in cup.. however tick has gone from same fix as first. Been a long 6 months. Asked them to review. Thoight it all good then i get a Letter of demand. For payment. Communication is stuff you flush down toilet. Warranty is written on the toilet paper. Am now going to pay to get rid of them. Need another 3 fans they WON'T be MARTEC brand. Have contacted lighting illussions where i purchased to inform them of this terrible company. Have also let my electrician know, he said he will never install one again, and will talk people into other brands. I am votting with my feet and mouth. Best $80 i spent was paying this bill and letting people know how BAD MARTEC are.

Purchased in November 2018.

Noise Level
Power

Please heed the Negative reviews, disappointing Ceiling fan.

After having good experience with the silent Kogan DC pedestal fans thought it'd be good to replace our bedrooms old A/C Ceiling fan with a DC, unfortunately didn't read the many Negative reviews on Martec products here first.

On our electricians recommendation we went for the Martec Lifestyle DC Fan with LED and remote, when installed it is a good looking fan but when the fitting electrician turned it on the fan had a noticeable bearing knock.....He took it down and exchanged it for a new one from his wholesaler...

2nd one installed, no knock but had a annoying electrical resonance hum especially noticeable on its lowest Fan settings, worse than the old A/C fan it replaced and questionable seeing I'm a light sleeper...Leaving the 2nd installed we later found that night when trying to sleep that the LED light turned off unacceptably glows like a miniature moon in our rooms centre for the entire night.

Not happy we contacted the installing electrician, to his credit he tried yet another unit out in his own home first before coming out, when arriving he remarked the new one had the same hum and glow as our installed unit so no point changing it a third time....

Our electrician who is a good one and has performed other electrical work for us has logged a call with Martec sending in videos of the fans hum and light off glow but given the difficulties people have stated here when dealing with them suspect this will be a painful experience...

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Terrible.... lasted one day

Purchased the white DC motor model without the light for family room and new white fans with DC motors and LED light for bedrooms....that came out January 2018. They seemed to tick all of the boxes especially the one with the light - could change colour 3000K, 4000K or 5000K and it had a dimmable LED - only limited to three settings though. Felt sick the morning of install when I found these reviews but decided to continue.... BAD MISTAKE !!
Did not like the very basic remote control. When you changed the speed of the fan, there was no indicator on the remote to remind you of the speed you selected. Same with the timer. No lighting on remote.
Set lights on the 4000K setting. All three fans had noisy motors picked up by the electrician when he first turned them on. Nothing to do with installation as he double checked that. It was a buzz that seemed to change gear when changing speed and did not disappear when we ran them for a few hours in summer and winter mode as suggested by Martec. The fans with lights were also wobbling - easy to detect by just putting your fingers on the light fitting. I had the worst night sleep and that was enough.
Contacted Martec about paperwork needed to get them out BUT decided these are brand new and ALL THREE not doing their job so I contacted company we purchased them from and took them back for a refund. They have been very supportive.
Now looking for another DC motor fan as they are said to be quieter.
NO MORE MARTEC FANS EVER

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Disappointing .. don't buy

This worked fine for the first three years.One month out of warranty the light stopped working.
According to consumer affairs Martec still have an obligation to repair or replace.
Martec refuses.
I requested that they supply the parts free of charge and I will wear the installation cost. I thought that was a fair compromise as it's probably the LED system which can be easily replaced. At cost price Martec would be out of pocket around or less than $20.
I will have to pay for an electrician to install.
Nup.
So if you want a fan and light that work for around three years then go for it.
I hope that when the light dies again it does in inside warranty ..
Very disappointing.

Date PurchasedNov 2014

Bought 3 regretted all 3

We have had Martec fans for the last 30 years. They have been great but were due to be replaced, so we decided to stick with what we know. We bought 3 of these units, 2 with lights 1 without. A total waste of money.

Let me start.
On installation all made ticking sounds and wobbled, 1 so badly I asked for a refund. The blade was physically warped and could not be balanced. I spoke to someone in their head office and after a bit of wrangling they said they would send out new blades. They confirmed the sale and model with the copy of the receipt they had on file.

About 10 days later I got the blades. Wrong blades for the wrong model.I rang them and advised of the mistake. They admitted their mistake because they new the exact model number from the receipt. but refused to send out another set and wanted me to return the wrong set at my cost. They said I could get another set of blades from the place of purchase, so we went there (lightspot on Anzac highway. Great service) after going through a few sets I found some blades that were not out of shape. Fitted the blades still wobbled but was able to balance it OK.

3 months later the motor failed.low speeds worked but could not get it to work on high speed. Bought a cheaper replacement fan because it was hot and I couldn't be stuffed dealing with their pathetic warranty service. Cant even remember the brand of this knock off but it went straight in and did not need balancing and is whisper quiet.

Fast forward 16 months and now the high speed in another Martec fan has failed! I spoke to a sparky about testing them and from my description he said it is definitely the motor but its not worthwhile him coming out to test it. he said you are better off buying a new fan. He recommended Mercator.

So that's what we are doing this morning getting a new Mercator.

Never again Martec. You lost a loyal customer through your crap Quality Control