Masport 7 Tonne Log Splitter

Masport 7 Tonne Log Splitter

See the Best Appliances in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

KlaudijaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not worth the money

This definitely does NOT cut green logs as suggested, not even small ones. It will only cut completely dry logs. Mine is 3 years old and used 3 seasons and the casing has now completely split and oil leaking out everywhere. Now its another $200 to fix...It is not worth the $600 RRP.
Don't waste your money...This is only good for kindling..

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse for $600.00.

bmorey

bmoreyVic, 3140

Not as good as I had hoped

Purchased in November 2018 for $616.00.

maxpickGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The masport log splitter fantastic

Had my masport log splitter for about 3 years now i use it on yellow box and red gum what a fantastic splitter.
The yellow box splits real easy and 99 percent of the red gum it splits no problem i split about 7 tons each year and so far i have not any problems with the splitter when i split really narly red gum it helps to look for a split or a minor flaw in the log i have most likely had about a dozen logs i could not split since i have had.
Regards max
Well i thought i would review my review my splitter is now about 4 years old now and in victoria this year was cold so i had to split a lot more wood and my masport splitter still works fantastic.

Ronny Tolhurst

Ronny TolhurstChurchill

Excellent low maintenance, low tech machine

Bought in July 2017. Functions great, easy and enjoyable to operate. Just remember there is a bleed valve which needs to be opened to let air escape out of hydraulic cylinder. I like the fact that you plug it in and it just starts. Being 7 tonne - im not sure how well it will go on tougher wood like redgum and ironbark, but for slightly softer woods that we have in gippsland its perfect. I have even used it to split cypress which I have an abundance of. The anvil can split wood 4 ways. I use a Stihl safety helmet/mask when operating - but it is realtively safe to operate.

Ronnix1960

Ronnix1960Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fantastic log splitter

I recently purchased a Masport 7 ton log splitter, and it works fantastic, it splits huge logs, and even logs with large knots and twists in them, I will never go back to using an axe or a blockbuster again, a really wonderful product, I should have bought one 12 months ago when I had my wood heater installed 10/10.

russcott2002asked

Wondering what folks think after using this machine for a few years. How has it held up? Have you felt the need for a higher ram pressure machine? What have you been splitting with it?

maxpick

Hi i have had my Masport 7 ton log splitter for about 5 years and i split about 7 ton a year the wood is redgum and yellow box i find with some of the redgum i have to look for small cracks or faults to split it in a few of the logs and i have had about 12 or so logs i could not split over the 5 years i have had it , more ram pressure would be great but the cost for it is a lot of money
I am more than happy with my splitter
Regards Max

Klaudija

Waste of money..After 3 years casing split..oil everywhere.. $200 to fix... I will get a different one this time, as soon as this is back from repair shop and i can resell it..

Get an answer from our members and Masport representatives

CategoryProducts and Appliances